First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Frankfort Life

Frankfort, IN

#342 Jun 9, 2013
Slumlords must go! However until this administration stops worrying about the support from the Landlord Association, Frankfort will never recover from what it is now.

Slumlords are the number one reason why we have so many undesirables living in this town. The illegals, the meth addicts, the out of town drug dealers who relocate to Frankfort to continue their criminal enterprise. None of this will ever stop until we rid this city of slum dwellings.

It is a freakin' racket. Why do all of these slumlords have so many LLC names? If they were on the up and up they wouldn't need more than just one corporation name. Instead, they screw the city while lining their pockets renting to any low life out there. In the mean time, the citizens of Frankfort who want a better town are the ones suffering.

No Ivy Tech or Stellar grant money is going to change a thing until the real root of the problem gets resolved first.

Mayor! You need to recognize what is really happening here. Tell Garney and the others you appreciate the support they have giving you in getting elected Mayor but now it is time to do the right thing and stopped the slumlord strong hold in Frankfort. Garney in my opinion is not considered a slumlord. I just can't figure out why he is against the anti slumlord drive which was evident int he WLFI 18 news interview last fall when he said that what John Reid was trying to do with these "no slumlord" signs was detrimental to the city. That mentality must stop if we are going to get anything changed.

Until then, Frankfort will continue to lose more and more of it's upstanding citizens while the undesirables move in to replace them.

I grew up here in Frankfort and remember how this town use to be. It is becoming more and more unrecognizable everyday.

We best be waking up and soon. The slumlord reign on this city must stop here and now.

We need more people like John Reid who are willing to stand up and say, NO MORE!
resident

Frankfort, IN

#343 Jun 10, 2013
Frankfort Life wrote:
Slumlords must go! However until this administration stops worrying about the support from the Landlord Association, Frankfort will never recover from what it is now.
Slumlords are the number one reason why we have so many undesirables living in this town. The illegals, the meth addicts, the out of town drug dealers who relocate to Frankfort to continue their criminal enterprise. None of this will ever stop until we rid this city of slum dwellings.
It is a freakin' racket. Why do all of these slumlords have so many LLC names? If they were on the up and up they wouldn't need more than just one corporation name. Instead, they screw the city while lining their pockets renting to any low life out there. In the mean time, the citizens of Frankfort who want a better town are the ones suffering.
No Ivy Tech or Stellar grant money is going to change a thing until the real root of the problem gets resolved first.
Mayor! You need to recognize what is really happening here. Tell Garney and the others you appreciate the support they have giving you in getting elected Mayor but now it is time to do the right thing and stopped the slumlord strong hold in Frankfort. Garney in my opinion is not considered a slumlord. I just can't figure out why he is against the anti slumlord drive which was evident int he WLFI 18 news interview last fall when he said that what John Reid was trying to do with these "no slumlord" signs was detrimental to the city. That mentality must stop if we are going to get anything changed.
Until then, Frankfort will continue to lose more and more of it's upstanding citizens while the undesirables move in to replace them.
I grew up here in Frankfort and remember how this town use to be. It is becoming more and more unrecognizable everyday.
We best be waking up and soon. The slumlord reign on this city must stop here and now.
We need more people like John Reid who are willing to stand up and say, NO MORE!
Well said! Please send a copy to the Mayor and Board of Works
Tired of all the Crooks

Frankfort, IN

#344 Jun 11, 2013
Goodluck with that!!
Jimbo

Frankfort, IN

#345 Jun 24, 2013
If Garney is not a slumlord, why is he so worried about it? Guilty conscience?
He caved

Mesquite, NV

#346 Jul 3, 2013
It's nice to know that John is following thru on his drive to eradicate Frankfort of it's crappy rental and residential housing.

Looks like he is officially under the influence of the green koolaid.

But that's no surprise to anyone, right???
NewGuyInTown

Frankfort, IN

#347 Sep 27, 2013
I am looking to buy a house in Frankfort. I am drawn to the large houses from the 1890's and turn of the century. More than the aesthetics on some of the ran down houses, I am concerned about fire hazards. 5 or 6 apartments in a single family house would most definitely put a tremendous strain on the old wiring in these homes. It would seem if one were to go up in flames from overheated wiring that the fire might jump to the next house and so on. Is the wiring on these "condo" apartments checked and up to code?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#348 Sep 27, 2013
NewGuyInTown wrote:
I am looking to buy a house in Frankfort. I am drawn to the large houses from the 1890's and turn of the century. More than the aesthetics on some of the ran down houses, I am concerned about fire hazards. 5 or 6 apartments in a single family house would most definitely put a tremendous strain on the old wiring in these homes. It would seem if one were to go up in flames from overheated wiring that the fire might jump to the next house and so on. Is the wiring on these "condo" apartments checked and up to code?
I suggest you contact Mr. Sam Payne, the city building inspector: http://frankfort-in.gov/departments-and-servi...
None

Frankfort, IN

#349 Sep 27, 2013
Absolutely not!!! Unfortunately a lot can't be done about them unless there is a fire or remodel or such going on which would require code upgrade.

NewGuyInTown wrote:
I am looking to buy a house in Frankfort. I am drawn to the large houses from the 1890's and turn of the century. More than the aesthetics on some of the ran down houses, I am concerned about fire hazards. 5 or 6 apartments in a single family house would most definitely put a tremendous strain on the old wiring in these homes. It would seem if one were to go up in flames from overheated wiring that the fire might jump to the next house and so on. Is the wiring on these "condo" apartments checked and up to code?
ThatGIRL

United States

#351 Sep 29, 2013
I applaud John Reid he should be mayor
HereComesRaven

Lombard, IL

#352 Sep 30, 2013
ThatGIRL wrote:
I applaud John Reid he should be mayor
Actually, I think that is quite a novel idea! I like it!
Wondering

Frankfort, IN

#353 Oct 20, 2014
ordinance wrote:
Don. Rapp has till the 26 of September to get all the plywood out of the front windows on building downtown. He already paid 265.00 fine. It doubles on fines each day after the 26 of September.
The plywood is still there....hmmmm
Wondering

Frankfort, IN

#354 Oct 20, 2014
tired of it wrote:
I don't think the Mayor has sold his soul to any of the slum lords...Idiot
The slum lords are DON RAPP aka DonMar enterprises, aka RAPP RENTALS aka who knows. He is a HUGE offender. Hasn't paid property taxes on most of his rentals for several years. THis can be verified by going to www.clintonco.com . On the right side of the page it says Check on my property. You can enter any street address in clinton county and see the owner and tax status.
The Waggoners are also slum lords. They like to threaten people who are renting from them.
There is also a "minister" who owns several rentals that are in bad condition. Don't remember his name.
Stephen Waggoner (AKA Stohne Rentals LLC) once again filed for bankruptcy on September 29, 2014. Guess who isn't getting paid: Kramer Lumber, Clinton County Treasurer, Indiana Dept of Revenue, The Farmers Bank, Regions Mortgage just to name a few. How does this individual still hold a license to do business?????? Source: busbk.com
realist

Frankfort, IN

#355 Oct 20, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Waggoner (AKA Stohne Rentals LLC) once again filed for bankruptcy on September 29, 2014. Guess who isn't getting paid: Kramer Lumber, Clinton County Treasurer, Indiana Dept of Revenue, The Farmers Bank, Regions Mortgage just to name a few. How does this individual still hold a license to do business?????? Source: busbk.com
The same way Kim Eldredge Stevens does. Create new businesses.That's How Crooks Roll in Frankfort
clueless

Indianapolis, IN

#356 Oct 20, 2014
realist wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way Kim Eldredge Stevens does. Create new businesses.That's How Crooks Roll in Frankfort
Creative accounting!!
Sue

Lafayette, IN

#357 Oct 20, 2014
The property owners will rent to anyone that has the money and doesn't complain about the condition of the property. Citizens ought to put a BIG sign out in front of the slums with the owners information and demand that the property be cleaned up or torn down. This town looks like trash because of all the rundown properties. I would never live in Frankfort again. I feel really bad for those who try to keep up their property that have to live next to these POS houses. The owner should be made to live in them for a month or two.
Geoerge

Indianapolis, IN

#358 Oct 26, 2014
Frankfort is a slum town look around
Curious

Frankfort, IN

#359 Oct 26, 2014
So if you have a complaint about a property who is that made to and can it be anonymous?
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#360 Oct 27, 2014
Believe the minister's name is Mark Mowery. Pretty sure his partner passed away recently. They held a big auction recently. Advertised items that were referenced to rental properties.
Used to be called M&D associates. They were known for making their weekly rounds to collect rent door to door. Also years ago they were the ones that "lost" their bank bag with a undisclosed amount of cash and checks collected from renters. Then harassed their renters to pay up again for their poor mistake! That article was in the Frankfort Times (minus the pay up again)
Yep.... they are the original slumlords along with Donn Rapp.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Waggoner (AKA Stohne Rentals LLC) once again filed for bankruptcy on September 29, 2014. Guess who isn't getting paid: Kramer Lumber, Clinton County Treasurer, Indiana Dept of Revenue, The Farmers Bank, Regions Mortgage just to name a few. How does this individual still hold a license to do business?????? Source: busbk.com
Seriously

United States

#361 Oct 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
So if you have a complaint about a property who is that made to and can it be anonymous?
Sam Payne, building inspector at Old Stoney.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Voters will weigh in on $30M plans to renovate ... 4 hr The real VOTE YES 133
Roads 7 hr Richelle M Lutz 6
Lets take a poll on how you feel about the hisp... (Sep '14) 13 hr big dickk 19
Mayor McBarnes Thu family man 39
Please help Apr 21 INFOWARS 4
Feeling good about how far Frankfort has come Apr 17 Richelle M Lutz 17
Places to go Apr 17 Voter 2
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]