McBarnes offers NO APOLOGY for callin...

McBarnes offers NO APOLOGY for calling Mulberry HICKS!

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

Why so silent

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2011
I would like to know why Chris McBarnes will not offer an apology to the residents of Mulberry for his offhanded comment on WILO Partyline Monday, September 19, 2011.

Please take a moment away from your study of economics and Spanish and extend an apology.

Since Chris does not read this forum, perhaps his mom, dad or other family members who do will pass this along to him.
McBarnes Questions Here

United States

#2 Sep 21, 2011
Why so silent wrote:
I would like to know why Chris McBarnes will not offer an apology to the residents of Mulberry for his offhanded comment on WILO Partyline Monday, September 19, 2011.
Please take a moment away from your study of economics and Spanish and extend an apology.
Since Chris does not read this forum, perhaps his mom, dad or other family members who do will pass this along to him.
I and others feel this way - Mr. McBarnes does no wrong (as he sees it).

Running on HOPE AND CHANGE and being a FRESH START, when he accepted and encouraged the Pippenger administration to jump on board and represent him by walking house to house? No Problem - just act like you're unaware of all that and let them SPIN, SPIN, SPIN - all that matters is that Mr. O'Brien get beaten in the Primary (the end justifies the means).

Telling VOTERS you have no one to answer to if elected and reminding VOTERS O'Brien is part of the Good Old Boys? No Problem - just don't mention you have your own collection of GOOD OLD BOYS including Stock, Pippenger, Osbon and many others.

Living at his parents when state law requires a candidate to be a resident of the city? No problem - he had an apartment in his name (although he never resided there)- so that's good enough.

Telling Primary VOTERS he will be graduating from Butler in May 2011 when he had no chance of obtaining a BA by then? No problem - just tell a story that he and his parent could not turn down $35,000 free substities - that will be good enough.

Promising you will not take City and Utility INSURANCE, if elected? No problem - just get elected and then you can do what you want (there is no recall procedure in Indiana short of being convicted of a fellony while in office).

The way we see it, Mr. McBarnes' comments were no surprise, after all, he does no wrong.
Dave

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2011
Mr. McBarnes, your silence on this important public interest topic says much about how we can expect you to operate if you are elected.

Go ahead and pretend you never read Topics. Go ahead and pretent none of your family or supporters read Topics. Go ahead and forget that you personally offended a grea many people in this county and beyond.

Let your record and your words and your actions stand on their own. A transcript of your interview has been send, more than once or twice, to media, politicians, and Butler.

You have turned out to be the person some of us made you out to be very early on. My family and I will not vote for you, nor will any of us support you in any way if you happen to be elected.

On this you have our promise; unlike your promises, we keep ours.
The Real Curious

Elkhart, IN

#4 Sep 21, 2011
Frankfort is part of Clinton County, and wouldn't you know it, so is Mulberry. How can anyone with even half a brain vote for someone who could degrade an entire town of wonderful people? I can't and I wont. Chris, seems to me you are still a bit too immature to be running for mayor. You are also a bit too arrogant to offer an apology that is owed by you!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Sep 22, 2011
The Real Curious wrote:
Frankfort is part of Clinton County, and wouldn't you know it, so is Mulberry. How can anyone with even half a brain vote for someone who could degrade an entire town of wonderful people? I can't and I wont. Chris, seems to me you are still a bit too immature to be running for mayor. You are also a bit too arrogant to offer an apology that is owed by you!
I have read on here that he doesn't read these comments. I find that hard to believe after hearing him Monday. Don't you?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Sep 22, 2011
Let's not forget todays closing paragraph in the Times on page 2
Jon White

Saint Charles, IL

#7 Dec 24, 2011
So he studies economics eh?

Is he more Keynes or Hayek?
WoW

United States

#8 Dec 25, 2011
McBarnes I'd rather be called a hick than a liar.
Let's see how many residents you run out of this town by your lies. How can a "student" focus on running a full time job? And let's be clear, learn to speak to your "legal" longtime Frankfort residents rather than perfecting your Spanish. The residents of this town & county wants their town back. We are tired of "Little Mexico"
Lies are covered up with more lies. And young boy your lies are already unraveling!
I voted, but not for McBarnes. His lies began at the start of his campaign by stating he lived in an apartment. But yet he was really living with mommy & daddy. Sorry but I don't see how people can take him seriously.
Official Mailing Address

Frankfort, IN

#9 Dec 31, 2011
McBarnes Questions Here wrote:
<quoted text>
I and others feel this way - Mr. McBarnes does no wrong (as he sees it).
Running on HOPE AND CHANGE and being a FRESH START, when he accepted and encouraged the Pippenger administration to jump on board and represent him by walking house to house? No Problem - just act like you're unaware of all that and let them SPIN, SPIN, SPIN - all that matters is that Mr. O'Brien get beaten in the Primary (the end justifies the means).
Telling VOTERS you have no one to answer to if elected and reminding VOTERS O'Brien is part of the Good Old Boys? No Problem - just don't mention you have your own collection of GOOD OLD BOYS including Stock, Pippenger, Osbon and many others.
Living at his parents when state law requires a candidate to be a resident of the city? No problem - he had an apartment in his name (although he never resided there)- so that's good enough.
Telling Primary VOTERS he will be graduating from Butler in May 2011 when he had no chance of obtaining a BA by then? No problem - just tell a story that he and his parent could not turn down $35,000 free substities - that will be good enough.
Promising you will not take City and Utility INSURANCE, if elected? No problem - just get elected and then you can do what you want (there is no recall procedure in Indiana short of being convicted of a fellony while in office).
The way we see it, Mr. McBarnes' comments were no surprise, after all, he does no wrong.
What is or was his official mailing address. Tell us that !

ASK TO SEE THE ADRESS ON HIS TAX RETURN AND COMPARE IT TO (IF ANY) POST OFFICE NOTIFACATION CHANGE OF ADDRESS. IF HE HAS NOTHING TO HIDE I’M SURE HE WILL BE MORE THEN WILLING TO DO THIS FOR HIS CITY
Hick

Frankfort, IN

#10 Dec 31, 2011
Why so silent wrote:
I’M A “HICK”, AND I’M OFENDED THE PEOPLE OF MULBERRY BEING COMPARED TO ME.
Angie

United States

#11 Apr 20, 2012
Read between the lines people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
commissioner 10 hr Gina 25
another central dispatch loss 18 hr Wow 3
April Gustum Johnny Hunt And Damon 23 hr registered voter 2
Drug problem in Frankfort Tue concerned outsider 15
Heron bust (Aug '15) Mon do your time 8
pancake house Mon old owners sucked 8
Sports complex May 1 Fix the real prob... 37
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages