Frankfort receives $2.5M in federal road funds

Mar 13, 2014 Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette 26

The city of Frankfort is getting more than $2.5 million in federal road funds to go toward the Washington Avenue reconstruction project.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#1 Mar 13, 2014
If it is "earmarked" for Washington St then it all has to go toward Washington St doesn't it? How will that help the rest of the street problems in Frankfort? Just an observation?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 13, 2014
Baby step Ms. Lutz. Baby steps.

Michigantown, IN

#3 Mar 13, 2014
punjab wrote:
Baby step Ms. Lutz. Baby steps.
explain please mine was merely an observation?
Well now

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Mar 13, 2014
Sounds like Moyer is saying they haven't budgeted monies for grant matching programs. Or maybe they spent some money on Ivy Tech and don't have anything to offer these potential grants Frankfort might receive.

The nice thing about this is it gives the Mayor an additional 2 plus years to complete an ADA study that was supposed to be done by the end of 2013.

And Chris's mention of the South Maish Rd project??? When will that start? Oh that's right, there isn't any matching funds for the grant. But wait... didn't that grant get taken away because the ADA study wasn't done??? Why yes it did. How can you find out? Call down to Indy and ask them yourselves. That's what I did. You should try that Punjab. It is amazing what you will find out.

Good job, Chris, NOT!!!!

Michigantown, IN

#5 Mar 13, 2014
Well now wrote:
Sounds like Moyer is saying they haven't budgeted monies for grant matching programs. Or maybe they spent some money on Ivy Tech and don't have anything to offer these potential grants Frankfort might receive.
The nice thing about this is it gives the Mayor an additional 2 plus years to complete an ADA study that was supposed to be done by the end of 2013.
And Chris's mention of the South Maish Rd project??? When will that start? Oh that's right, there isn't any matching funds for the grant. But wait... didn't that grant get taken away because the ADA study wasn't done??? Why yes it did. How can you find out? Call down to Indy and ask them yourselves. That's what I did. You should try that Punjab. It is amazing what you will find out.
Good job, Chris, NOT!!!!
. I didn't even have to make a L/D phone call! Spoke to someone on the USB. THEY are worried because they are not sure yet about how much of this grant they have to "match". Plus the cost of moving utilities from Sycamore to Maish road. That is all at the cost of the city. I wasn't even asking questions and got this info? There must be problems if they are shaking and they haven't even got the money yet ?
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#6 Mar 13, 2014
From what I have observed, the mayor will simply ask the USB and the Power Company to "absorb" the costs of moving things. That's what happened with Ivy Tech.

Just like the mayor asked the Bldg Inspector's office to waive a permit when the Sanitation or Water Dept (don't remember which one) tore down a bldg.

Just like the city not paying the USB or the Fiber Co or whomever is running the show for Internet service.

Of course, the county isn't anymore ethical than the city is, so...

Michigantown, IN

#7 Mar 13, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
From what I have observed, the mayor will simply ask the USB and the Power Company to "absorb" the costs of moving things. That's what happened with Ivy Tech.
Just like the mayor asked the Bldg Inspector's office to waive a permit when the Sanitation or Water Dept (don't remember which one) tore down a bldg.
Just like the city not paying the USB or the Fiber Co or whomever is running the show for Internet service.
Amen brother! Preach it! Still trying to find out why the Airport Authority is having to pay "back" monies to the FAA? Can't get a word out of anyone? Same President there that sits President on County Council? Hmmmmm
geeeesh

Frankfort, IN

#8 Mar 14, 2014
Well now wrote:
Good job, Chris, NOT!!!!
Why can't you at least have a clue.

INDOT moved the dates out for most Indiana FA projects, it had NOTHING to do with ADA, although the studies need to be started asap.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#9 Mar 14, 2014
geeeesh wrote:
<quoted text>
INDOT moved the dates out for most Indiana FA projects, it had NOTHING to do with ADA, although the studies need to be started asap.
And your source for this is?

Very curious.

Michigantown, IN

#10 Mar 14, 2014
geeeesh wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you for bringing that out. Mcbarnes was on WILO this morning stating that he was personally responsible for bringing those monies to Frankfort. As you stated these were INDOT projects that were already in the process. The illustrious mayor had nothing to do with it.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#11 Mar 14, 2014
I am still waiting for "Jeez" to provide a link or some sort of verifable proof about the South Maish Road project being moved.
geeeesh

Frankfort, IN

#12 Mar 14, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
I am still waiting for "Jeez" to provide a link or some sort of verifable proof about the South Maish Road project being moved.
You can easily request info from Indot at http://www.in.gov/dot/div/contracts/letting/i...
instead of posting rumors on topix.

Michigantown, IN

#13 Mar 14, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
would be so nice if Geez would remember that INDOT project did West End of Washington Street not so long ago. Second phase is Sycamore to Hoke Avenue. Third phase is Hoke Avenue to Maish Road. That is all INDOT project. This has been in the works since the West Washington Project was undertaken. Nothing to do with ADA, nothing to do with anything Mc Barnes did, has done, will do. Geez needs to get their story straight. Also need to remember this is an 80% grant. The city has to come up with 20%. That's over $600,000. Are they going to come running to the USB for $600,000? The city doesn't have it. Just telling the truth. Not all that glitters in Frankfort or Clinton County Government is gold.

Michigantown, IN

#14 Mar 14, 2014
geeeesh wrote:
<quoted text>
You can easily request info from Indot at http://www.in.gov/dot/div/contracts/letting/i...
. If you plan on posting documents in here. Please post documents that mean something. That site is the DOT "Contract Letting " however, the info on that site states nothing about Frankfort ,In or any other city. The site shows where the bids came in and out. You will have to do a better job than this for the constituents.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#15 Mar 14, 2014
geeeesh wrote:
<quoted text>
already asked the question thru a phone call instead several weeks ago. Your response doesn't remotely jib with the answer I recieved from the lady I spoke with.

So how about you post your response from whoever or reveal your source???

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#16 Mar 14, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
There wouldn't BE a USB & Power Co. without the city and it's paying customers. Why should they get paid extra to perform a function that is part of their mission anyway?
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#17 Mar 14, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
There wouldn't BE a USB & Power Co. without the city and it's paying customers. Why should they get paid extra to perform a function that is part of their mission anyway?
SMH

What an illogical question. But then again consider the source.
Well now

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Mar 14, 2014
Permits should be required and paid for since the inspectors are expected to show up as required by city, county, and state ordinances and codes to make sure things are done properly.

Since there is a cost of supplying an ISP to the fiber company, since the court house and city consumes the service of fiber and said ISP, then they should be billed for it. They pay for electricity, right? They pay for water, right? They pay for sewage, right? No difference what so ever.

Michigantown, IN

#19 Mar 14, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
so is that the new "nomenclature" mission?
The life of Reily

Lafayette, IN

#20 Mar 15, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't get it, do you. When you build a structure that requires infrastructures, you have to pay them to come out and install them. That's right, even though you consume the product they offer, you still pay for the means to get it to your facility.

But that is what we've come to expect from people that believe that the administration of Frankfort has the community's best interests in mind. Which is, by the way, sad.

If the community mattered, they (being the administration) would be truthful with them in regards to the lack of resources to cover upcoming grants, the lack of effort to complete state mandated studies on time, as well as the inappropriate spending of money on things that aren't the responsibility of the taxpayers.

You can spin this any way you want, but facts are facts and this administration has the "we are untouchable" mindset and that has been and will continue to be a dangerous situation for our city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
landscaping (May '14) 12 min kurtcooksalot16 12
Judge Brad Mohler Wed Be Real 22
heather kindle mayor Feb 24 Richelle M Lutz 245
busted Feb 22 my oh my and sigh 15
mayor mcnugget Feb 20 Funny 44
Mayor Feb 20 Traced 46
Mayor McBarnes is a Hypocrite Feb 20 Traced 51
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web