United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Are you asking which is better? If that's the case....I would say the YMCA is better all-around. At the YMCA, the entire family can participate in activities together. At the B&G Club, participation is limited to the kids. I don't know who runs the B&G Club now, but the guy in charge of the YMCA is arrogant.
Fatty McGee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

I can't say a negative thing about either organization. The Club's mission is to serve youth. All of their programming and the facility is deisgned for kids. The cost to be a member of the Club for a child is much less expensive than the Y. You really can't compare the 2 due to the fact that the Y has a much bigger budget than the Club, due to the fact that the Y charges a family membership. We, as a community, are very fortunate to have both facilities.
fed UP- SHUT up

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

both are great. they really shouldn't be complared. they each serve a different purpose. both a great place for kids, a safe place to be.
Concerned Taxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2010

I think the Boys & Girls Club has a better Summer program this year. It's cheap, and the kids have fun. Lots of fun stuff going on from what I've heard.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

I believe the club is way more affordable. Some of the y's prices for transportation are down right ridiculous!
Mee

Palos Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Hi
Mee

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Yes
Mee

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Hi
ICE ICE BABY

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Judged:

Too bad they aren't enforcing immigration laws. ICE could have probably taken away several tonight at the old Boys and Girls club. I'd say there are probably a hundred or more Hispanics in this building tonight. It caught my attention when I was getting gas at Akards a block away I could hear them playing that annoying Mexican Polka music. Drove by there and they were everywhere (although the sun was going down). According to the Hispanic services here in town approximately 70% are here illegally so it would be safe to say about 70+ illegals having a grand ol' time.

Just hope Obama doesn't sue me for posting this.
ICE ICE BABY

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2010

Sorry for posting this in the wrong section. New at this
jibjab

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

Did you ask them if they were illegal?
hoosier

Marshall, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2010

ICE is a joke anyway. All they are is a slight inconvenience to illegals at a huge expense to the taxpayers (yet again). The deported person is usually back in the same town within two months.
easygoing

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

I know the coaches are all volunteers, but is it too much to ask that they don't blow their tops at these "NFL worthy teams" they all seem to think they have? Some of their behavior is absolutley absurd and it's not teaching our kids good sportsmanship.
Gary Furbish

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Fatty McGee wrote:
I can't say a negative thing about either organization. The Club's mission is to serve youth. All of their programming and the facility is deisgned for kids. The cost to be a member of the Club for a child is much less expensive than the Y. You really can't compare the 2 due to the fact that the Y has a much bigger budget than the Club, due to the fact that the Y charges a family membership. We, as a community, are very fortunate to have both facilities.
My child has attend both the YMCA Summer Camp and the Boys and Girls Club Program. If you are looking for shiny, clean and new, you won't be a Boys club fan. I did observe the summer camp program at The Y when he went and found there was a good bit of time spent standing in line getting ready to go do stuff. The cost of each program is hugely different. While we spent $350.00 for the summer program at Boys club last summer, we spent on the average of $165.00 per week at the Y the summer before. you are talking about $2,000.00 for the Y summer experience or $350.00 for the Boys Club experience. Both allow for swimming and other field trip activities. Both require you send your child for the day with breakfast, lunch , beverages and snacks. Our Y camp was a total outdoor experience , unless it rained. With temps in the Atlanta area often reaching 100 and staying there until well after 4 , I at times felt bad about that. I did have my reservations about boys club. My first visit left me unsettled. Our first time there was spent during school break over thanks giving. We got a very affordable yearly membership . He enjoyed it very much and asked to go back after that a few times and we also spent spring break there. He decided on Boys club the following summer for summer camp. I agreed. Getting ready for this summer , I asked him if he wanted to go to the Y, Boys Club, or a third camp option herein Atlanta. He very quickly and surely said Boys Club. I at times wonder if there is good supervision and organization. When we go to check in in the morning, he scans his card, says hello to everyone and is always greeted by the girl at the front desk. He sees many kids from his school there and has made a few other friends as well. While I would say the Boys and Girls club may not be for everybody, it sure has been a great one for my son. If you are unsure, I invite you to go visit your local BAGC, you may very well like what you see.
Happy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Gary Furbish wrote:
<quoted text>
My child has attend both the YMCA Summer Camp and the Boys and Girls Club Program. If you are looking for shiny, clean and new, you won't be a Boys club fan. I did observe the summer camp program at The Y when he went and found there was a good bit of time spent standing in line getting ready to go do stuff. The cost of each program is hugely different. While we spent $350.00 for the summer program at Boys club last summer, we spent on the average of $165.00 per week at the Y the summer before. you are talking about $2,000.00 for the Y summer experience or $350.00 for the Boys Club experience. Both allow for swimming and other field trip activities. Both require you send your child for the day with breakfast, lunch , beverages and snacks. Our Y camp was a total outdoor experience , unless it rained. With temps in the Atlanta area often reaching 100 and staying there until well after 4 , I at times felt bad about that. I did have my reservations about boys club. My first visit left me unsettled. Our first time there was spent during school break over thanks giving. We got a very affordable yearly membership . He enjoyed it very much and asked to go back after that a few times and we also spent spring break there. He decided on Boys club the following summer for summer camp. I agreed. Getting ready for this summer , I asked him if he wanted to go to the Y, Boys Club, or a third camp option herein Atlanta. He very quickly and surely said Boys Club. I at times wonder if there is good supervision and organization. When we go to check in in the morning, he scans his card, says hello to everyone and is always greeted by the girl at the front desk. He sees many kids from his school there and has made a few other friends as well. While I would say the Boys and Girls club may not be for everybody, it sure has been a great one for my son. If you are unsure, I invite you to go visit your local BAGC, you may very well like what you see.
The forum you are posting in is for Frankfort Indiana. Not for Atlanta. They boys an girls club in Frankfort Indiana is great. They are affordable, kids have fun and they have great field trips that children rarely have to pay for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Frankfort Forum right now

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Richlle Lutz the council person Clinton Coun... 6 hr Eyes wide open 118
Based on the forum last night at C.C. Lutz and ... 12 hr frankfort times suck 12
mayor announced friday on wilo another factory ... Wed watchout 11
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Wed Bounty 1,284
the race for sheriff Wed Faucett for sheriff 86
TAL with a story of the perils of Topix, lies, ... Apr 15 Richelle M Lutz 4
Will the real Frank please stand up Apr 15 OMG 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
•••