3 names thrown into the race for commissioner

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just sayin

Frankfort, IN

#1 Feb 8, 2014
Clinton County now has three canidates for the commissioner seat. We have current commissioner Skip Evans as well as police officer and council member Scott Shoemaker and as of recently previous commissioner seat runner Richelle Lutes.
Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#2 Feb 8, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
Clinton County now has three canidates for the commissioner seat. We have current commissioner Skip Evans as well as police officer and council member Scott Shoemaker and as of recently previous commissioner seat runner Richelle Lutes.
Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
get your story straight Lutz is not running for commissioner
Just sayin

Frankfort, IN

#3 Feb 8, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> get your story straight Lutz is not running for commissioner
I apologize I misread. She is running for the County Council. Calm down it was a mistake. NO need to be rude.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#4 Feb 8, 2014
The paper says District 4 County Council. I think it's just Shoemaker and Evans in the race for commissioner as of right now.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 8, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize I misread. She is running for the County Council. Calm down it was a mistake. NO need to be rude.
please forgive the aggression. This lady had taken more " guff" and social demeaning than anyone In her situation should ever have to live through for something she had no control of. This poster has been a personal friend of that family for years and watched her go through the struggles that life has thrown at her with grace and dignity beyond measure. I respect her views and feel that if given the chance she could be a shining example for Clinton County with no reason for anyone to question anything in her life other than, she made the conscious choice after all those years to come back and be a part a big part I might add of this community. Have you heard her sing the National Anthem for the city Accapella ? Once again forgive my aggression. Please people? Before you start your mouth about this fine lady, get your story straight. You might just find out she more "natural" than you know!
Just sayin

Frankfort, IN

#6 Feb 8, 2014
I was not trying to offend in any way. I just read wrong. I knew she has ran once before and thought I read she was running again. I now see it is for council. My apologies to you and Ms. Lutz. I am not sure of the struggles she has been through. I havenever met her.
On the subject of her running for council who is she running against? Just curious.
I am sure if she is the best option then the county will see that. If not I still wish her the best.
I have never heard her sing but I take it from the way you stated it, she is good?
hotdog

Frankfort, IN

#7 Feb 9, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> This lady had taken more " guff" and social demeaning than anyone In her situation should ever have to live through for something she had no control of.
An obnoxious and nasty personality is always controllable. Just a tip Rick if you are serious about this race.
Richelle Lutz

Rossville, IN

#8 Feb 9, 2014
hotdog wrote:
<quoted text>
An obnoxious and nasty personality is always controllable. Just a tip Rick if you are serious about this race.
. If you consider making the truth known. Wanting everyone to know both sides of the story. Moving back to an area where I was prepared for people that would try to hurt an defame me before I started by using that name before ever knowing the truth about me. If you are prepared to call me nasty and obnoxious. That certainly is your privilege . All I ask is take me serious , know I have a heart for this county. You that know me know I am one of you a west sider. Grew up poor like the rest of you. I want a different race. I want to bring back the voice of the people. Walk among you and get your ideas. Not sit in the Holy Court house and think just because you elected me, I make all the decisions for you. I think you Can all attest to the amount of overspending in the county and the council holds the purse strings. You may think I am not the right person for the job for one reason or another but I saw that man was running unapposed and I decided with the way things have been going the last 4 years I'm not going to just give it to him. That is why nothing is happening in our government today. We need to stand up and say enough is enough. No matter who you think I am who you think I was who you think I'm going to be I want to see a better Clinton County
hotdog

Frankfort, IN

#9 Feb 9, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
<quoted text>. If you consider making the truth known. Wanting everyone to know both sides of the story. Moving back to an area where I was prepared for people that would try to hurt an defame me before I started by using that name before ever knowing the truth about me. If you are prepared to call me nasty and obnoxious. That certainly is your privilege . All I ask is take me serious , know I have a heart for this county. You that know me know I am one of you a west sider. Grew up poor like the rest of you. I want a different race. I want to bring back the voice of the people. Walk among you and get your ideas. Not sit in the Holy Court house and think just because you elected me, I make all the decisions for you. I think you Can all attest to the amount of overspending in the county and the council holds the purse strings. You may think I am not the right person for the job for one reason or another but I saw that man was running unapposed and I decided with the way things have been going the last 4 years I'm not going to just give it to him. That is why nothing is happening in our government today. We need to stand up and say enough is enough. No matter who you think I am who you think I was who you think I'm going to be I want to see a better Clinton County
Basically, what you will be is yet another person in Weaver's back pocket. Isn't that the term Byrd used?
Richelle Lutz

Rossville, IN

#10 Feb 9, 2014
hotdog wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically, what you will be is yet another person in Weaver's back pocket. Isn't that the term Byrd used?
. I am and have never been in anyone's pocket. Please fill me in who is or was Byrd?
old man

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 10, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
<quoted text>. I am and have never been in anyone's pocket. Please fill me in who is or was Byrd?
REALLY? You are clinton countys WATCH DOG...but you dont know who Byrd is! GET REAL!!

Location hidden

#12 Feb 10, 2014
old man wrote:
<quoted text>REALLY? You are clinton countys WATCH DOG...but you dont know who Byrd is! GET REAL!!
I beg to differ sir. Vern " old goat" Kasper is the "Watchdog" . Was Byrd one of the guys that ran for sheriff? If you remember I was a little busy at that time and infact never met that person
old man

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 10, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> I beg to differ sir. Vern " old goat" Kasper is the "Watchdog" . Was Byrd one of the guys that ran for sheriff? If you remember I was a little busy at that time and infact never met that person
i take it you dont read the paper either! Why are you running for council if you arent aware of the insurance scandal thats going on? Maybe you should get your head out of skips you know what....and pay attention to something other than Parkview..
Richelle Lutz

Rossville, IN

#14 Feb 10, 2014
old man wrote:
<quoted text>i take it you dont read the paper either! Why are you running for council if you arent aware of the insurance scandal thats going on? Maybe you should get your head out of skips you know what....and pay attention to something other than Parkview..
Oh! That situation ! First and foremost sir, I have never been proverbially " up" any ones you know what. You yourself made statement to that about them not giving the position to me at Parkview? When I ran last time I ran along the same campaign I am running this time. Bringing the voice of the people back to government and stop overspending. As I stated in the above post, the council holds the purse strings. In the past year has usurped the commissioners and overspent even when the commissioners said no. Case in point : Ivy Tech mr. Beard Mr. Smith and Mr. Sheridan came to the commissioners asking for $620,000 to pay bills that ivytech. The commissioners turned them down stating at that time the council was in budgetary meetings stating that they were ready to lay people off because of the budget. That was on a Monday on Tuesday or Wednesday whichever the meeting was they went to the Council and the Council gave them $160,000 of your county money that's over spending. That's called usurping the authority of the commissioners. Whether you like the commissioners or not that's not the County Counsel's job to run the county and make decisions on where the bills are to be paid. It is just their job to pay the bills. No "old man" I do not read the Frankfort times do you believe everything that they print? True the insurance situation was a mess but are you aware that the policy that they had was insuring thousands and thousands of dollars of vehicles that the county didn't even own and they had been paying for years through the company that they previously had? This is always been my desire to bring the whole truth not pieces of the truth not parts of the situation I want the people to understand the whole truth I want to talk with the people I want to talk with the businessman I want to know what you think. How many elected officials have you spoken to in the last 15 years? I will continue to say you may not like me you may that is certainly your prerogative. I will tell you this , I will not lie to you.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#15 Feb 10, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
No matter who you think I am who you think I was who you think I'm going to be I want to see a better Clinton County
Does that "better Clinton County" include Ivy Tech Frankfort? Does it include Parkview Home? Does it include the TPA park golf course?

Location hidden

#16 Feb 10, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
No "old man" I do not read the Frankfort times do you believe everything that they print?
Hmm, yet we are supposed to believe your letters to the editor that are printed in the Frankfort Times?

Richelle Lutz

Rossville, IN

#17 Feb 10, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, yet we are supposed to believe your letters to the editor that are printed in the Frankfort Times?
Please expound what did I write about that has been so off course? I am totally against giving money to the golf course. Sorry that should be a private entity. This is not 1976. Frankfort does not supply the corporate monies to make this a profitable venture. Tired of the. " if you build it they will come" outlook. Parkview? I think the truth is comming out about that situation without my input. Ivy Tech? I am totally for advanced education in Frankfort and. Clinton County. What I am not for is the head of the Steering committee, the head of Construction and the head of Clinton Co Chamber of Commerce comming into a Commissioners meeting and asking for $620,000 dollars to pay unpaid bills , being turned down and then two days later walking out of the Council meeting with $160,000 more of your tax dollars. No one yet has shown a figure ( and I know Mr Punjab you will disagree ) exactally how much money Ivy Tech has into this site? Also, if I may, all anyone can get out of anyone is a number of 150 to 200 students. How many are warm bodies and how many are online? Thus the supposed parking problem. It really does not take reading the times to be informed. Actually it is surprising how many calls I get when the Times prints. " off the wall" editorials. I am sent the paper and then choose to respond on it if I am informed on the issue. I will continue to say like me or don't like me that is your perogitive. But, I won't lie to you!

Location hidden

#18 Feb 10, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
I am sent the paper and then choose to respond on it if I am informed on the issue. I will continue to say like me or don't like me that is your perogitive. But, I won't lie to you!
So you DO read the Frankfort Times? And who sends you the paper? Are you a current subscriber?

Thank you.
Just wondering

West Lafayette, IN

#19 Feb 10, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
<quoted text> Please expound what did I write about that has been so off course? I am totally against giving money to the golf course. Sorry that should be a private entity. This is not 1976. Frankfort does not supply the corporate monies to make this a profitable venture. Tired of the. " if you build it they will come" outlook. Parkview? I think the truth is comming out about that situation without my input. Ivy Tech? I am totally for advanced education in Frankfort and. Clinton County. What I am not for is the head of the Steering committee, the head of Construction and the head of Clinton Co Chamber of Commerce comming into a Commissioners meeting and asking for $620,000 dollars to pay unpaid bills , being turned down and then two days later walking out of the Council meeting with $160,000 more of your tax dollars. No one yet has shown a figure ( and I know Mr Punjab you will disagree ) exactally how much money Ivy Tech has into this site? Also, if I may, all anyone can get out of anyone is a number of 150 to 200 students. How many are warm bodies and how many are online? Thus the supposed parking problem. It really does not take reading the times to be informed. Actually it is surprising how many calls I get when the Times prints. " off the wall" editorials. I am sent the paper and then choose to respond on it if I am informed on the issue. I will continue to say like me or don't like me that is your perogitive. But, I won't lie to you!
What truth is coming out about Parkview?
What in your eyes makes you a better choice than Alan Dunn for this position if you don't mind me asking?

Location hidden

#20 Feb 10, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO read the Frankfort Times? And who sends you the paper? Are you a current subscriber?
Thank you.
no sir. As stated, I do not subscribe to the Times. I feel the Times had not been completely forthright on many of their reporting IE: Lost grants, truth about spending. When someone I know reads something they feel I may not be informed about, they send me the paper with either a note attached or a phone call advising me they are sending me the paper. Believe it or not, some people in the county value my opinion. Why? I have never lied to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"aunt ruth" to run for mayor 2 hr The facts 40
busted 9 hr oh my 1
New way to track people's post back to their co... (Jan '12) Sun KenB 15
Short firefighters? Sun tRuTh 8
wtf is there to do in this town Jan 24 Broken record 14
Cottrell daughter Jan 24 Richelle M Lutz 37
Debate: Marijuana - Frankfort, IN (Aug '10) Jan 24 pioneergunner 75
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web