Sharon Bardonner

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#22 Feb 10, 2014
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you drove right by the point I was attempting to make. Let me try again. An editorial expresses an opinion, which means, by its very nature, it will not be unbiased. News reporting, on the other hand, should be as objective and unbiased as is practicable, always bearing in mind that we all interject something of ourselves in what we write, no matter how hard we try. If an article appears on the Editorial page and is labeled as an editorial, then it is an editorial. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck. An editorial is an expression of an opinion. There, now. That wasn't so hard, was it?
sorry there sis. As much as you think I drove through your point you flew through mine! As I stated about some bias does not hurt in an editorial. The dissension that arises around this publisher of this paper is, every editorial this woman seems to write is the biased editorial. Everything written in this paper is the biased report. Half-truth, horrible grammar and never any investigative reporting about news that's all over town? Certainly last but not least this publisher that wants to be so much a part of this community lives in Lafayette?
rod

Toledo, OH

#23 Feb 10, 2014
Sharon when are coming out to the citizens of Frankfort how does the strapon work for you

Location hidden

#24 Feb 10, 2014
rod wrote:
Sharon when are coming out to the citizens of Frankfort how does the strapon work for you
come on now there's no need for that kind of talk let's try to be respectful in the site. If she was your daughter would you want somebody posting something like that to her? Can tell the truth and say what's real but still don't need to do with any bad taste
wyohunter

Laramie, WY

#25 Feb 10, 2014
Someone is showing up to a battle of wits unarmed. I will leave it to you to decide who that is.
Ann White

Bangor, ME

#26 Feb 11, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> sorry there sis. As much as you think I drove through your point you flew through mine! As I stated about some bias does not hurt in an editorial. The dissension that arises around this publisher of this paper is, every editorial this woman seems to write is the biased editorial. Everything written in this paper is the biased report. Half-truth, horrible grammar and never any investigative reporting about news that's all over town? Certainly last but not least this publisher that wants to be so much a part of this community lives in Lafayette?
I expect her decision to stay in Lafayette was based mostly on the crummy housing market. I don't know that for a fact, mind you, but if it were me, I wouldn't want to take a bath on selling my house if I could avoid it. I will tell you, though, she has a very high regard for the community there. If that doesn't show through, then that's a shame.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#27 Feb 11, 2014
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
I expect her decision to stay in Lafayette was based mostly on the crummy housing market. I don't know that for a fact, mind you, but if it were me, I wouldn't want to take a bath on selling my house if I could avoid it. I will tell you, though, she has a very high regard for the community there. If that doesn't show through, then that's a shame.
If that is her opinion, then she shouldn't be joining the ranks of the chamber and their bad mouthing to management of local manufactures and businesses not living in Clinton County.

There are beautiful houses in Frankfort as well as in the county. Houses that hold their value quite well, thank you very much.

She wrote an editorial once mentioning how important it was that if you work here, you should live here. So if she is honest and has integrity, then why would she live in Laf?

Again, I get that you like her. That's great. But what we see, here in Clinton County, is NOT what you are portraying her to be.
Ann White

Bangor, ME

#28 Feb 11, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is her opinion, then she shouldn't be joining the ranks of the chamber and their bad mouthing to management of local manufactures and businesses not living in Clinton County.
There are beautiful houses in Frankfort as well as in the county. Houses that hold their value quite well, thank you very much.
She wrote an editorial once mentioning how important it was that if you work here, you should live here. So if she is honest and has integrity, then why would she live in Laf?
Again, I get that you like her. That's great. But what we see, here in Clinton County, is NOT what you are portraying her to be.
Sorry if I inadvertently stepped on your toes. I didn't mean to imply that Frankfort or Clinton Co. have crummy houses, just that the housing market in general has been so bad in recent years that people haven't been so interested in selling their homes unless compelled to because selling usually means taking a loss. I'm sure Frankfort has some great houses.
Out of curiosity, what's so bad about joining something like the Chamber of Commerce? It would seem like a good way for an outsider to get to know people. I mean, if you were trying to get a handle on a new community, how would you go about it? Join some other group? I know from my own experience, having moved to a smaller community probably about the size of Frankfort, that it can be difficult to quickly get a feel for a new place. Over time, you can usually get to know folks and all, but if you didn't have the luxury of time, how would you do it?
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#29 Feb 11, 2014
Implying that if you say on record either media or otherwise, that you believe management should reside within the county to which they are employed (which she has publically said), then she should practice what she preaches.

Not implying that joining a chamber is bad. The chamber of Clinton County board as also publically stated that. She is a member of that board and has acknowledged the same stance.

In Clinton County, we call it "not practicing what you profess". What do you call it up in Michigan?

In regards to the housing issues, no harm no foul. Every community has good and bad housing.
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I inadvertently stepped on your toes. I didn't mean to imply that Frankfort or Clinton Co. have crummy houses, just that the housing market in general has been so bad in recent years that people haven't been so interested in selling their homes unless compelled to because selling usually means taking a loss. I'm sure Frankfort has some great houses.
Out of curiosity, what's so bad about joining something like the Chamber of Commerce? It would seem like a good way for an outsider to get to know people. I mean, if you were trying to get a handle on a new community, how would you go about it? Join some other group? I know from my own experience, having moved to a smaller community probably about the size of Frankfort, that it can be difficult to quickly get a feel for a new place. Over time, you can usually get to know folks and all, but if you didn't have the luxury of time, how would you do it?

Location hidden

#30 Feb 11, 2014
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
. Hmmm you consider The bourgeoisie self proclaimed higher echelon snobs of the Chamber of Commerce just "folks"? You couldn't cut your way into the chamber commerce with a Ging Zue knife! The editorials would be so helpful if they would bring up the fact that very little has been done to clean up the houses in many parts of this town. Albeit there are many many beautiful homes in this town, until that paper does some investigative reporting on the city administration nothing will change. There has to be a reason people do not want to sell their homes. There has to be a reason homes are losing value. There has to be a reason that paper never investigates the city administration. Think about that!
kern

Toledo, OH

#31 Feb 11, 2014
What's funny is that Sharon has finally proved to the public that she is all over this site by having construed us to believe her sister is responding to this instead it is she that is in the middle of one huge fire building in this town beginning with the administration on down
Ann White

Bangor, ME

#32 Feb 11, 2014
kern wrote:
What's funny is that Sharon has finally proved to the public that she is all over this site by having construed us to believe her sister is responding to this instead it is she that is in the middle of one huge fire building in this town beginning with the administration on down
Though I would be proud to be related to Sharon, I am who I am instead, a friend of hers. I should have thought that the fact that I have used my own name throughout, which no one else has done, might have been a clue. I can understand, though, why some people haven't used their names, given one or two tasteless comments. As for others, hiding behind an Internet veil of anonymity is typical these days, unfortunately. I suppose you might not want people in your town to know what you think, but why not? Most people posting have been at least somewhat civil and some expressed real concerns. Why not go public? Repercussions? What's the worst that could happen?

Location hidden

#33 Feb 11, 2014
kern wrote:
KUDOS Kern!
Ann White

Bangor, ME

#34 Feb 11, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
Implying that if you say on record either media or otherwise, that you believe management should reside within the county to which they are employed (which she has publically said), then she should practice what she preaches.
Not implying that joining a chamber is bad. The chamber of Clinton County board as also publically stated that. She is a member of that board and has acknowledged the same stance.
In Clinton County, we call it "not practicing what you profess". What do you call it up in Michigan?
In regards to the housing issues, no harm no foul. Every community has good and bad housing.
<quoted text>
Not sure what anything is called in Michigan. I'm from Maine (formerly from Indiana). You're sure she wasn't saying only that publicly paid employees (teachers, police, etc.) should live in town? Surely there must be people who commute out of town for work as well as commute in to town. It would seem kind of harsh to expect everyone to live and work in town.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#35 Feb 11, 2014
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what anything is called in Michigan. I'm from Maine (formerly from Indiana). You're sure she wasn't saying only that publicly paid employees (teachers, police, etc.) should live in town? Surely there must be people who commute out of town for work as well as commute in to town. It would seem kind of harsh to expect everyone to live and work in town.
Obviously, geography isn't a strength of mine. My humble apologies. What would you call it in Maine? I believe I already referenced what it is in Indiana.

I know what I read, and I know what I have heard her say repeatedly. Management needs to reside in the community in which they work.

Shan Sheridan and his chamber boards have screamed this for years as well.

Based on the city school's state grade, it makes perfect sense why middle to upper management wouldn't want to reside in Frankfort.

On a different note, it seems interesting that you would be responding from Maine in a somewhat defensive posture for Ms. Bardonner. Gives renewed energy that people like her do read media sites like this.

Perhaps she might be inclined to respond to some of the more serious allegations purported on here. It looks like Ms. Lutz has done that very thing elsewhere.
Richelle Lutz

Michigantown, IN

#36 Feb 11, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, geography isn't a strength of mine. My humble apologies. What would you call it in Maine? I believe I already referenced what it is in Indiana.
I know what I read, and I know what I have heard her say repeatedly. Management needs to reside in the community in which they work.
Based on the city school's state grade, it makes perfect sense why middle to upper management wouldn't want to reside in Frankfort.
On a different note, it seems interesting that you would be responding from Maine in a somewhat defensive posture for Ms. Bardonner. Gives renewed energy that people like her do read media sites like this.
Perhaps she might be inclined to respond to some of the more serious allegations purported on here. It looks like Ms. Lutz has done that very thing elsewhere.
. Until you have the guts to "out" yourself please define your statements to your opinions if you don't mind. Thank you.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#37 Feb 11, 2014
Richelle Lutz wrote:
<quoted text>. Until you have the guts to "out" yourself please define your statements to your opinions if you don't mind. Thank you.
It's a fact that you choose to address some things that have been placed elsewhere on here.

Not my opinion.

Settle down, jeez...
ThumbsUp ThumbsDown

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Feb 11, 2014
Ann White wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann, I give you a "thumbs up" coming on here to defend your friend, Sharon. I give Sharon a "thumbs down" for not being able to handle this on her own.

Regrading living in the community where you work, Sharon wrote the editorial and we can split the hairs as to which professions she might be including or excluding from the list. The issue with such an editorial is the stance she took as a board member with the Chamber.

As a member on the Board, she worked with other board members to oust then Chamber Director, Kevin Smith because he was not living in the community; he only had an apartment and would travel back to Anderson on the weekends for family commitments and his radio program.

Regarding reporting and editorializing the news, Sharon has abused her power as Publisher when it comes to serving the community with respect to Alive on 65. As Publisher, her reporting staff had gone to great lengths to put together a follow-up story detailing how the Chamber lost over $100k on the event.

As Publisher, she could not separate her role as Chamber Board member and that of Publisher. A non-profit that receives monies from the Clinton County Council in form of PIP management fees is a news worthy event and must be told.

Thank you for defending your friend, Ann. Perhaps you can share this information with her.

Since: Nov 13

Vernon Hills, IL

#39 Feb 11, 2014
Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours!!!
Ann White

Bangor, ME

#40 Feb 12, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
It may be that Sharon reads this site; I don't know one way or another, but I'm going to guess she doesn't (or at least not often) because if she did she'd have told me to shut up, already :). But I have enjoyed participating and I thank you and other posters for letting me put in my opinion. I wish you well in resolving the issues facing your town; the fact that people in Frankfort care enough to read and post about them is a good thing, wouldn't you say?
answers please

Lafayette, IN

#41 Feb 13, 2014
Hey Ann,

why no response to the thumbs up thumbs down post?

did you pass that on to your good friend, Sharon?

just curious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calling all 4WD Trucks 11 min Obeys traffic signs 8
Frankfort Apartments 9 hr Gotoutlongago 112
The J&C article last Sunday 21 hr Response for the ... 19
The epitism in this County is illegal Jul 17 Stop showing igno... 3
Todd Corrie (Dec '16) Jul 17 AC-DC 29
Arrest Jul 16 Officer truth 34
Hispanic Car Lots? Jul 13 fed up with this ... 2

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance