First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cat woman

Detroit, MI

#1 Feb 5, 2014
The Times' only Woman of the Year. She has her head held high as she kisses the mayor's feet. She not only withholds information from the public, she also dissemenates bad press. Ask her if you can reach high upon her own pedestal. Give it up female monger your worthless to yourself and others
here here

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 6, 2014
i couldn't say it any better my self get rid of this paper and start a new one

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#3 Feb 6, 2014
What? She gave it to herself? Wow cool! Wonder if she'll write her own editorial about what a great decision it was?
wyohunter

Laramie, WY

#4 Feb 8, 2014
I have known Sharon for over 30 years.She is the publisher, not the editor (for those of you who don't know the difference). She is also an exceptional journalist. If you think you can do a better job of running a small local newspaper on a shoestring budget, then buy the paper and step up to the plate!

Location hidden

#5 Feb 8, 2014
wyohunter wrote:
I have known Sharon for over 30 years.She is the publisher, not the editor (for those of you who don't know the difference). She is also an exceptional journalist. If you think you can do a better job of running a small local newspaper on a shoestring budget, then buy the paper and step up to the plate!
with the comman denominator between the editor, the publisher and the reporters being bias, your opinion would appear to be a phenomenal idea! Possibly the news would not arrive 24 hours after the fact or (with the way this company appears to have treated their drivers), get to the houses every day!
wyohunter

Laramie, WY

#6 Feb 8, 2014
know someone-
Huh? then\news is always going to arrive at least 12 hours after the fact as the paper is only put out once a day...
sk8ter57

Laramie, WY

#7 Feb 8, 2014
lghten up. its the only paper we have!
fknft01

Laramie, WY

#8 Feb 8, 2014
what is this woman of the year? cant find anything on google. send link?

Location hidden

#9 Feb 8, 2014
sk8ter57 wrote:
lghten up. its the only paper we have!
Remarkably, Clinton County Daily News is giving the Times a good run for their money ! Reporting is concise, up-to-ddayate and quite well on Mark for an Internet newspaper. Clinton County daily news online news as it happens. Don't have to worry about not receiving at your home or digging it out of the bushes if it does get there. That sounds quite enticing to me! Gone with the bias of a coux of 3 or 4 superior minded know it alls that continually choose to print their personal views to elevate egos rather than report the issues/ news status quo. No enhancement. Just the plain straight unbiased facts. Its a tech world read the news on line that you don't have to be gouged money for to read! Win win!!
Maynard G Krebs

Wabash, IN

#10 Feb 9, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> with the comman denominator between the editor, the publisher and the reporters being bias, your opinion would appear to be a phenomenal idea! Possibly the news would not arrive 24 hours after the fact or (with the way this company appears to have treated their drivers), get to the houses every day!
The paper is poor. The news is (was when I took it) was always 48 hrs+ late.. I stopped it three different times because of poor delivery (country). The last time I subscribed I was getting delivery maybe twice a week. After paying three months in advance it was like pulling teeth to get a refund. Never again..........
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#11 Feb 9, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> Remarkably, Clinton County Daily News is giving the Times a good run for their money ! Reporting is concise, up-to-ddayate and quite well on Mark for an Internet newspaper. Clinton County daily news online news as it happens. Don't have to worry about not receiving at your home or digging it out of the bushes if it does get there. That sounds quite enticing to me! Gone with the bias of a coux of 3 or 4 superior minded know it alls that continually choose to print their personal views to elevate egos rather than report the issues/ news status quo. No enhancement. Just the plain straight unbiased facts. Its a tech world read the news on line that you don't have to be gouged money for to read! Win win!!
Is that you, Ken???

You should spend some time doing real reporting instead of following the main stream media.

Look into some of the rumblings at the Street Dept that is being broadcast on here about personnel files being stored there.

Look into the rumblings about the ADA study problem that is being broadcast on here.

Look into the grant being yanked from the South Maish project.

Get some balls, son. Show Sharon how it's supposed to be done and quit being a kitty-cat.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#12 Feb 9, 2014
wyohunter wrote:
She writes many of the editorials. That's what I think the poster was portraying.

Glad you have known her that long, but here in Frankfort Indiana she has learned to cover up things that need to be written about.

The reason it's on a shoestring budget,(if that's even true), has more to do with the 4000 drop in readership. That is a direct reaction to not publishing the WHOLE truth, and being ones idea and protective of the McBarnes administration.

She obviously isn't the person in the office at Frankfort that she is to you and others outside the office. Here in Indiana, we call that a two-faced person.
Npindy10

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 9, 2014
Sharon is my sister and one of the most fair minded and intelligent people I know. Being publisher of this paper is obviously a thankless job as evidenced by the criticisms leveled against her here. She spends long hours trying to provide you with a quality paper and is criticized by people who are too gutless to provide their own name and cannot even write a coherent sentence. You are lucky to have her.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 9, 2014
Npindy10 wrote:
Sharon is my sister and one of the most fair minded and intelligent people I know. Being publisher of this paper is obviously a thankless job as evidenced by the criticisms leveled against her here. She spends long hours trying to provide you with a quality paper and is criticized by people who are too gutless to provide their own name and cannot even write a coherent sentence. You are lucky to have her.
interesting from someone coming with the moniker of Npindy10. Welcome to this fascinating world of enigma
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#15 Feb 9, 2014
Npindy10 wrote:
Well well well... Gutless to provide their own name??? Take a look in the mirror why don't ya?!?

A quality paper is one that delivers both sides of a story, doesn't shield people's lying and deception, and wouldn't allow themselves to be sucked into the small minded manipulative people who think they own this town and the county.

As to writing coherent sentences, she needs to be doing some grammatical checking of Rachel's writings...

As was posted elsewhere, whom she is outside of the office is a far far cry to whom she is in the office.
Ann White

Augusta, ME

#17 Feb 10, 2014
I cannot comment on the specific cause of this string of messages, since I do not know what was written (or perhaps not written) by my friend Sharon. I can, however, attest to her honor and integrity, her intelligence and compassion, and her unflagging devotion to journalistic excellence. Some of the criticisms leveled here seem to have been uninformed; please bear in mind that there is a world of difference between editorials (see Fox News) and news reporting (see almost anything else). If a person is simply expressing an opinion, then surely readers can take or leave that opinion as they wish. On the other hand, if a person is purporting to be an objective reporter of news, then readers should be able to rely on that objectivity. However, it may that some readers are forgetting their role in the objectivity equation; that is, they are neglecting to approach an attempt at objective reporting objectively. In other words, it may be that some who are so outraged at the type of reporting in the Frankfort paper have already decided, whether based on fact or hearsay, what the truth of a story is before actually reading the story itself. That is the basis of prejudice, and it never advances any discussion.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 10, 2014
Ann White wrote:
I cannot comment on the specific cause of this string of messages, since I do not know what was written (or perhaps not written) by my friend Sharon. I can, however, attest to her honor and integrity, her intelligence and compassion, and her unflagging devotion to journalistic excellence. Some of the criticisms leveled here seem to have been uninformed; please bear in mind that there is a world of difference between editorials (see Fox News) and news reporting (see almost anything else). If a person is simply expressing an opinion, then surely readers can take or leave that opinion as they wish. On the other hand, if a person is purporting to be an objective reporter of news, then readers should be able to rely on that objectivity. However, it may that some readers are forgetting their role in the objectivity equation; that is, they are neglecting to approach an attempt at objective reporting objectively. In other words, it may be that some who are so outraged at the type of reporting in the Frankfort paper have already decided, whether based on fact or hearsay, what the truth of a story is before actually reading the story itself. That is the basis of prejudice, and it never advances any discussion.
This you see my friend lies our quandary. As you pointed out there is a large chasm of difference between reporting the news and doing an editorial. However, one would feel in both there should be a modicum of unbiased in both. Agree? There lies the problem. By her own acknowledgement and the printed word next to the editorials , she writes editorials. Many ( and this poster has to put the defining word on many) of the editorials have been to the place where readers have began to wonder if the County Commissioners could ever do any right and , if the Mayor of the city could ever do any wrong ? That my friend is bias in it utmost, undisguised !
Ann White

Augusta, ME

#19 Feb 10, 2014
Knowoneknows wrote:
<quoted text> This you see my friend lies our quandary. As you pointed out there is a large chasm of difference between reporting the news and doing an editorial. However, one would feel in both there should be a modicum of unbiased in both. Agree? There lies the problem. By her own acknowledgement and the printed word next to the editorials , she writes editorials. Many ( and this poster has to put the defining word on many) of the editorials have been to the place where readers have began to wonder if the County Commissioners could ever do any right and , if the Mayor of the city could ever do any wrong ? That my friend is bias in it utmost, undisguised !
I see you drove right by the point I was attempting to make. Let me try again. An editorial expresses an opinion, which means, by its very nature, it will not be unbiased. News reporting, on the other hand, should be as objective and unbiased as is practicable, always bearing in mind that we all interject something of ourselves in what we write, no matter how hard we try. If an article appears on the Editorial page and is labeled as an editorial, then it is an editorial. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck. An editorial is an expression of an opinion. There, now. That wasn't so hard, was it?
Maynard G Krebs

Wabash, IN

#20 Feb 10, 2014
Ann White wrote:
So FOX News is all editorials and MSNBC, CBS, ABC and your "almost anything else" is hard news?.......you have already made yourself look like an idiot...... Bout time for the Ed Show.....get your liberal fix......
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#21 Feb 10, 2014
Ann White wrote:
The real focus of this thread is more about the lack of reporting complete facts about any particular article, coupled with the total lack of reporting on things that would negatively impact local leaders.

Consider the following items that have been mentioned time and time again on here:

The loss of grants due to the incomplete ADA study.
The Street Dept's mishandling of personnel papers with private information.
The Mayors comment about the alleys of the city belonging to the homeowners so they aren't being plowed.
The lack of work on the south Maish Road project.

Newspapers and their employees are challenged to utilize any efforts possible to farret out stories. Once discovered, the they go about gathering information and additional leads. Sometimes they are a dead end and other times, you strike gold.

Someone made an observation about how topix posters could be brought to light in regards to their spreading of gossip on here. If Ms. Bardoner believes that is indeed the case, then she should be foaming at the mouth to expose these posters like myself.

However, neither the paper nor the radio station seem concerned with the massive amounts of information placed on here that directly contradicts the local politicians.

Say what you want, but the local media is as corrupt as the local administration.

You like Sharon... Everyone gets that.

We like truthful news, news that's full of reality, and a media that isn't afraid to tow the line of integrity when they have to give the world a dose of truth. Even if it hurts their relationships with city and county officials.

In closing, remember it's hard for a reader to be objective if they aren't given both sides of the story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swimming Pool Cost & Profit 20 hr Voted for Progress 6
News Voters will weigh in on $30M plans to renovate ... Fri Voted for Progress 250
Buffalo Wild Wings in Frankfort Wed Realist 10
"no slum lords" signs (Sep '12) May 19 BANLiberty 322
Poll Does Frankfort Want A 10 Million Dollar Police ... May 18 Supporter of Chris 10
Roads May 18 RKP 15
Who owns the old Riley School property? May 18 Voted for Progress 3
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]