Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#104 Apr 10, 2013
NOW you OTHER people are gettin a REAL chance of seein JUST what a NUT "Punjabby" IS! And they HAVE this guy in a place of Legislature? You are screaming to the Top of your Lungs "punjabby" that WE don't want to PAY for Higher Education for our Children THEN your wanting to do AWAY with Elementry, Middle and Senior High School Education?
If THAT is the fact then DON"T go to the Government or ask for a LOAN when your Child is ready for SECONDARY Ed. Either. YOU can pay the $40 some Thousand Per year out of YOUR pocket each year and NOT depend on Grants Scholarships or ANYTHING that the State or Government has to offer the Educational Institutions. If you even HAVE any children.(I feel sorry for them if he does). And as far as the Superintendents and the Teachers living OUT OF TOWN? Commissioner Bert Weaver already gave a Statement that 92% of them live OUT of Clinton County THUS NO tax Revenue comming IN but tax Monies going OUT.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#105 Apr 11, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
NOW you OTHER people are gettin a REAL chance of seein JUST what a NUT "Punjabby" IS! And they HAVE this guy in a place of Legislature? You are screaming to the Top of your Lungs "punjabby" that WE don't want to PAY for Higher Education for our Children THEN your wanting to do AWAY with Elementry, Middle and Senior High School Education?
If THAT is the fact then DON"T go to the Government or ask for a LOAN when your Child is ready for SECONDARY Ed. Either. YOU can pay the $40 some Thousand Per year out of YOUR pocket each year and NOT depend on Grants Scholarships or ANYTHING that the State or Government has to offer the Educational Institutions. If you even HAVE any children.(I feel sorry for them if he does). And as far as the Superintendents and the Teachers living OUT OF TOWN? Commissioner Bert Weaver already gave a Statement that 92% of them live OUT of Clinton County THUS NO tax Revenue comming IN but tax Monies going OUT.
*sigh* There you go again with your fantasy that I am Mr. Gunyon. When will you come back to reality?

I find it puzzling that individuals who seem to have no issue with paying for public primary education (which costs vastly more than $2 million, btw) balk at trying to make Frankfort and Clinton County a better place to live by providing a place where residents can start their college education.

As for these rants about teachers and superintendents living out of the county, can your please show me the state/local statute or school corporation policy where it states these employees must live within the community? Perhaps if the citizens of Frankfort and Clinton County actually worked towards making this area a better place to live it would attract more educated, white collar professionals like teachers and superintendents. But it appears that most don't want that. They want Frankfort/Clinton County to continue being be a backwards, non-growing, live-in-the-past community. Sad.
Tell me

Frankfort, IN

#106 Apr 11, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh* There you go again with your fantasy that I am Mr. Gunyon. When will you come back to reality?
I find it puzzling that individuals who seem to have no issue with paying for public primary education (which costs vastly more than $2 million, btw) balk at trying to make Frankfort and Clinton County a better place to live by providing a place where residents can start their college education.
As for these rants about teachers and superintendents living out of the county, can your please show me the state/local statute or school corporation policy where it states these employees must live within the community? Perhaps if the citizens of Frankfort and Clinton County actually worked towards making this area a better place to live it would attract more educated, white collar professionals like teachers and superintendents. But it appears that most don't want that. They want Frankfort/Clinton County to continue being be a backwards, non-growing, live-in-the-past community. Sad.
First off, the teachers, superintendents and many other white collar workers are already employed here. Bring an IVT to downtown will change nothing. That building will not make people want to live here. Now perhaps the 3 million dollars they are willing to spend on IVT should be used to re-pave the city streets and tear down some housing and clean up areas and that just may attract people to live here.

Do we have a choice as to whether we pay for public schools? Its not that I agree with our public schools, its a matter of you telling me how I don't have to pay my property taxes on my house which fund public schools, any ideas? On and by the way, will you please give me the name of that private school you were referring to that is in this community?
Come on

Indianapolis, IN

#107 Apr 11, 2013
People, please stop with calling Punjab "Rick" or "Rick Gunyon" ... enough already!

I hope this helps you out Carol ... opps ... Punjabby

Location hidden

#108 Apr 11, 2013
Tell me wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have a choice as to whether we pay for public schools? Its not that I agree with our public schools, its a matter of you telling me how I don't have to pay my property taxes on my house which fund public schools, any ideas? On and by the way, will you please give me the name of that private school you were referring to that is in this community?
Don't own a home, then you don't have to pay property taxes. It's that simple.

Also public schools are no longer exclusively funded by property taxes. You did know that, correct? Sales taxes now pay for the public school "general fund" which covers the largest expense, school employers salaries.

As for private schools in Frankfort, I believe Frankfort Covenant Academy is one. There may be a couple others as well that I can't recall at the moment. If that is not for you then there are other private schools in the area, Faith Christian school in Lafayette as well as Lafayette Catholic Schools come to mind.

Location hidden

#109 Apr 11, 2013
Come on wrote:
People, please stop with calling Punjab "Rick" or "Rick Gunyon" ... enough already!
I hope this helps you out Carol ... opps ... Punjabby
lol, who is Carol?
Tell me

Frankfort, IN

#110 Apr 11, 2013
I said in Frankfort!!!! So you have named one and there are certain requirements to attend that school, bet you already knew that, correct?

Indeed you are right they are not funded all by property taxes but if you would, take a look at who receives the majority of property taxes and you will find the schools still receive the majority of property taxes, you knew that right?

Unlike you I guess, I would rather not have to pay somewhere to live the rest of my life. House or rent payment that is..$700.00 to $1000.00 per month comes in handy for me, you must be loaded or insane. Landlords must love you...
Courthouse Carol

Brazil

#111 Apr 11, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, who is Carol?
Do not play coy, Carol, it is very unbecoming of you. Did you learn that from a Musical?

Now get off the damn computer and earn the taxpayers dollars that we pay you.

You owe Rick Gunyon an apology. You do too Nu-viewer.
Carol

Brazil

#112 Apr 11, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, who is Carol?
Carol is the one who gets all the Topix things erased when called.

Nu Viewer definitely got that part right.
Tracer

Bangkok, Thailand

#113 Apr 11, 2013
What happened Carol? Tongue tied?

Wonder what the Schoolboard will have to say about your meddling around on here.

And They WILL find that out, trust me.
DUH

Frankfort, IN

#114 Apr 11, 2013
Courthouse Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not play coy, Carol, it is very unbecoming of you. Did you learn that from a Musical?
Now get off the damn computer and earn the taxpayers dollars that we pay you.
You owe Rick Gunyon an apology. You do too Nu-viewer.
Again...Carol is NOT a county employee and does not get paid with taxpayers dollars. Learn your facts before you start spouting off you idiot!
DUH is wrong

Brazil

#115 Apr 11, 2013
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...Carol is NOT a county employee and does not get paid with taxpayers dollars. Learn your facts before you start spouting off you idiot!
Wrongo DUH, the company she works for gets money from the city and the county for services.

Those are taxpayers dollars.

Nice try
Tell me

Frankfort, IN

#116 Apr 11, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't own a home, then you don't have to pay property taxes. It's that simple.
Also public schools are no longer exclusively funded by property taxes. You did know that, correct? Sales taxes now pay for the public school "general fund" which covers the largest expense, school employers salaries.
As for private schools in Frankfort, I believe Frankfort Covenant Academy is one. There may be a couple others as well that I can't recall at the moment. If that is not for you then there are other private schools in the area, Faith Christian school in Lafayette as well as Lafayette Catholic Schools come to mind.
I do have to ask you a simple question, why on earth would you want me to send my children to the Lafayette private schools when you have said numerous times how important it is to keep our kids here in Frankfort so they can stay here in Frankfort.

So what is it, you want me to send my kids to the lafayette area for school but yet you want kids to go to IVT here in Frankfort. Please make up your mind and help me out on this one. Sounds like to me you just want to see an IVT here in Frankfort no matter the cost. It can't have anything to do with kids staying in Frankfort as you said before....
Tell me

Frankfort, IN

#117 Apr 11, 2013
DUH is wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrongo DUH, the company she works for gets money from the city and the county for services.
Those are taxpayers dollars.
Nice try
But really, that doesn't mean she is employed by the city or county. Just because somebody chooses to do business with the city or county doesn't mean they are employed by them.
She is gone

Guarulhos, Brazil

#118 Apr 11, 2013
Erase erase erase... Carol
You can run but you can't hide.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#119 Apr 11, 2013
Let this ol guy explain somethin ta you kids. If This is INDEED "Carol Bartley". SHE is an Employee of the Community Schools of Frankfort. She is PAID by State, County and City Taxpayers monies. Soooo......Pret-tty sad that if this is her she has THAT much time on her hands to come in THIS site and spout all the VENOM that she has Spewed AND the rediculious statements Like"educate your children in private school" (as if you even HAVE private schools in Frankfort) OTHER than the one on Rossville Ave. You have to Be of THAT faith to attend there or at LEAST dress your children their way. OR The Crossing which is an Alternative school for Kids that have been KICKED out of Middle and High School. So WHO EVER this person is, to THIS OL GUY... they are bringing NO Skin to the game (Coining the Great Commissioner Skip Evans!)lol

Location hidden

#120 Apr 11, 2013
Tell me wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have to ask you a simple question, why on earth would you want me to send my children to the Lafayette private schools when you have said numerous times how important it is to keep our kids here in Frankfort so they can stay here in Frankfort.
So what is it, you want me to send my kids to the lafayette area for school but yet you want kids to go to IVT here in Frankfort. Please make up your mind and help me out on this one. Sounds like to me you just want to see an IVT here in Frankfort no matter the cost. It can't have anything to do with kids staying in Frankfort as you said before....
Wow, you really don't have a clue, do you?

Where did I ever say "I want you to send your kids to the Lafayette area for school"? You asked for names of private schools. I gave them to you. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Besides, kids (aka under the age of 18) don't usually attend IVT. Adults do. Please learn the difference.

What would be the right cost for you in regards to IVT opening in Frankfort? Zero, I assume. Like most cheapskates and moochers you want everything for free.

Location hidden

#121 Apr 11, 2013
Tell me wrote:
I said in Frankfort!!!! So you have named one and there are certain requirements to attend that school, bet you already knew that, correct?
Indeed you are right they are not funded all by property taxes but if you would, take a look at who receives the majority of property taxes and you will find the schools still receive the majority of property taxes, you knew that right?
Unlike you I guess, I would rather not have to pay somewhere to live the rest of my life. House or rent payment that is..$700.00 to $1000.00 per month comes in handy for me, you must be loaded or insane. Landlords must love you...
I don't know the requirements to attend Frankfort Covenant Academy. Please tell me what they are. Being private entities they have to right to set whatever entrance requirements they see fit.

As for my living situation, I own my home.

Location hidden

#122 Apr 11, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
Let this ol guy explain somethin ta you kids. If This is INDEED "Carol Bartley". SHE is an Employee of the Community Schools of Frankfort. She is PAID by State, County and City Taxpayers monies. Soooo......Pret-tty sad that if this is her she has THAT much time on her hands to come in THIS site and spout all the VENOM that she has Spewed AND the rediculious statements Like"educate your children in private school" (as if you even HAVE private schools in Frankfort) OTHER than the one on Rossville Ave. You have to Be of THAT faith to attend there or at LEAST dress your children their way. OR The Crossing which is an Alternative school for Kids that have been KICKED out of Middle and High School. So WHO EVER this person is, to THIS OL GUY... they are bringing NO Skin to the game (Coining the Great Commissioner Skip Evans!)lol
I am not Carol Bartley. The marching morons on this forum are batting .000.

And nobody is forcing anybody to send their children to a private school. You people act as if a private school should have the exact same enrollment requirements as public schools.

As for 'skin in the game' what exactly do you bring to the table, nu-viewy? Are you an elected official? Are you a city or county employee?
Tell me

Frankfort, IN

#123 Apr 11, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not Carol Bartley. The marching morons on this forum are batting .000.
And nobody is forcing anybody to send their children to a private school. You people act as if a private school should have the exact same enrollment requirements as public schools.
As for 'skin in the game' what exactly do you bring to the table, nu-viewy? Are you an elected official? Are you a city or county employee?
By being a tax payer I have skin in the game, to bad IVT can't say the same. Trust me, I pay my way for my family and nothing comes for free. Look up the requirements for the private school if you wish, I don't need to.

Oh, and I do understand what an adult is and by the way, I was just simply dumbfounded you would even suggest another city for my children to attend. After all, you are the one that wants to have IVT in this city no matter the cost to keep our adults here in this community. Good luck with that. The only kids that will attend this IVT are the ones that will attend for free, like the free stuff they get now. Does the Purdue learning network rig a bell, you know, the one that go for free. You haven't the first clue of anything. Oh and did you hapen to look where property taxes go? Just for your info, nearly 60% of all collected goes to the schools. So yes, property taxes still fund a large part of the school system. Sorry you are misinformed...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Frey 2 hr Richelle M Lutz 19
City wants back Ambulance service (Nov '13) 10 hr New boss 26
mike Red perkins and frank hail selling heroin ... Sat wrong 14
Mr. Weeks Sat Reality 23
Trouble at Parkview Fri AGREE 48
Hornsby Taxi Service Thu Crime stopper 6
will you people ever stop? Dec 18 Obvious 14
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web