Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#84 Oct 17, 2013
Progress tends to cost. It is not free.
a ok

Indianapolis, IN

#85 Oct 17, 2013
Real progress gives a return on investment.

you cannot show any return for the golf course in regards to economic development.

Prove us wrong.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#86 Oct 17, 2013
a ok wrote:
Real progress gives a return on investment.
you cannot show any return for the golf course in regards to economic development.
Prove us wrong.
http://urpl.wisc.edu/people/marcouiller/publi...
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#87 Oct 17, 2013
Don't profess to know what the poster was referencing above, but my thoughts are: we aren't Wisconsin, paying someone to run the place is a losing proposition, giving them even more money when there is no RTI, and seeing that the CCEF or whatever they are called doesn't want to deal with it anymore, it's clear that it isn't worth dealing with.

Sell it and cut the losses before someone gets stuck with a big bill for a catastrophic failure. Kind of like the old Emerson Bldg.

But of course that is a logical solution, and we don't do logic in Clinton County politics.

No one would continue investing into their own business when year after year it continues to fail. Not even for their best friends. CCEF obviously isn't.
bulls eye

Noblesville, IN

#88 Oct 18, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
Don't profess to know what the poster was referencing above, but my thoughts are: we aren't Wisconsin, paying someone to run the place is a losing proposition, giving them even more money when there is no RTI, and seeing that the CCEF or whatever they are called doesn't want to deal with it anymore, it's clear that it isn't worth dealing with.
Sell it and cut the losses before someone gets stuck with a big bill for a catastrophic failure. Kind of like the old Emerson Bldg.
But of course that is a logical solution, and we don't do logic in Clinton County politics.
No one would continue investing into their own business when year after year it continues to fail. Not even for their best friends. CCEF obviously isn't.
Using your LOGIC, I guess we should close the pool and any part of the city that cost the tax payers. The pool cost 50,000 in tax dollars a year. No parks, no christmas lights. Sick of all you posters who hide in the weeds and jump out to ridicule everything then jump back in the weeds to hide. People can see through you like a clean glass of water! With 16,000 people in our city, that means your tax obligation would be $3.00 ea. what you would pay for a BIG MAC.
DUMB

Frankfort, IN

#89 Oct 18, 2013
bulls eye wrote:
<quoted text> Using your LOGIC, I guess we should close the pool and any part of the city that cost the tax payers. The pool cost 50,000 in tax dollars a year. No parks, no christmas lights. Sick of all you posters who hide in the weeds and jump out to ridicule everything then jump back in the weeds to hide. People can see through you like a clean glass of water! With 16,000 people in our city, that means your tax obligation would be $3.00 ea. what you would pay for a BIG MAC.
It appears you have zero logic. What private company runs the park and the pool and the Christmas lights? Did I miss the name of that company or hell does CCEAF own it and have invested in it? I don't believe people would be nearly as mad if the county/city were losing money but to be giving $100,00 to CCEAF, which are private investors and have a hand in the Farmers bank, Karen Miller Stan Smith and Paul Cox, well I think it becomes a little crooked. Why doesn't the Farmers bank own the buildings and parking lot at the golf course any longer? Why did CCEAF take it over, aren't they private citizens that invested? 16,000 people in this city, where did you get that number? If it is accurate, would that include kids? Do they pay also? You are about as dumb as they come with your logic but hey you like the kool aid so what should I expect.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#90 Oct 18, 2013
DUMB wrote:
<quoted text>
16,000 people in this city, where did you get that number?
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/18/18...
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#91 Oct 18, 2013
bulls eye wrote:
<quoted text> Using your LOGIC, I guess we should close the pool and any part of the city that cost the tax payers. The pool cost 50,000 in tax dollars a year. No parks, no christmas lights. Sick of all you posters who hide in the weeds and jump out to ridicule everything then jump back in the weeds to hide. People can see through you like a clean glass of water! With 16,000 people in our city, that means your tax obligation would be $3.00 ea. what you would pay for a BIG MAC.
You're hiding in the weeds too. You're a poster and most of us on here are sick of the fact that you can't see the reality of things.

No one is bitching about the park, lights, or pool. So that means they see some sort of return.

If that gold course is so damned important to you and a handful of others, then why didn't all of you get the 100k together and save their ass??? That golf course might serve 200 people in a best case scenario. The park and the pool combined probably serve at least 5000 people.

When can we expect to read about your contribution to the golf course?
DUMB

Frankfort, IN

#92 Oct 18, 2013
punjab wrote:
Very good, Punjab!!! My point was 16,000 people don't pay $3.00 each. 34% of this population of under 18 years of age. And the majority don't pay what dufus state in his post. The number is quite less in fact. Thank you for posting your findings, you truly helped validate my point..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#93 Oct 21, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is bitching about the park, lights, or pool. So that means they see some sort of return.
If an individual chooses not to visit a park or pool how can they see a return on that investment?

You and a few other cheapskates just like to bitch. Sorry that you don't know how to play golf, but other people do. Why do you hate them so?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#94 Oct 21, 2013
DUMB wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, Punjab!!! My point was 16,000 people don't pay $3.00 each. 34% of this population of under 18 years of age. And the majority don't pay what dufus state in his post. The number is quite less in fact. Thank you for posting your findings, you truly helped validate my point..
So 100% of the population over the age 18 have to use a city/county service for it to be considered important or vital. That's good thinking there, Chief.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#95 Oct 21, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
If an individual chooses not to visit a park or pool how can they see a return on that investment?
You and a few other cheapskates just like to bitch. Sorry that you don't know how to play golf, but other people do. Why do you hate them so?
The city and county are paying the management team to run the golf course. They aren't doing well for whatever reason. As taxpayers, it isn't our responsibility to pay them yet again. If they can't make it profitable, then the city and county should find a new manager, or sell the damn thing.

It's obvious that the Bank and CCEF or whatever their acronym is doesn't want anything to do with managing it.

No business owner in their right mind would ever keep throwing money at something that fails year after year.

Please produce documentation that I am a cheapskate.

Please produce documentation to prove that I can't play golf.

Please produce documentation to prove that I hate others who can't play golf.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#96 Oct 21, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
No business owner in their right mind would ever keep throwing money at something that fails year after year.
So the city/county should fire the current management company then hire another one. Is that what you are saying?

And I like pie.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#97 Oct 21, 2013
Now that's a valid question. And I can understand why you asked it because of a couple of comments I made might make the readers question my stance.

I say sell it. After reviewing various documents that are available to the public, it's a lost cause. It hasn't turned a penny in profit in years. The management would also tell you that the irrigation system is in a constant need of attention.

If anyone seriously thinks that a "country club" or whatever else you could name it is going to bring business to Clinton County, you probably will find yourself in the minority of maybe 30 people.

Lets not forget that CC has a couple of other courses that seem to be holding their own, and are quite challenging to a seasoned golfer. Angel Hill, while being a par 3 course, isn't a course to be under-estimated in difficulty and Deer Track is a great challenge. The best part is none of our taxpayers dollars go to manage them.

Thank you for actually asking a civil question.
bulls eye

Carmel, IN

#98 Oct 21, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
Now that's a valid question. And I can understand why you asked it because of a couple of comments I made might make the readers question my stance.
I say sell it. After reviewing various documents that are available to the public, it's a lost cause. It hasn't turned a penny in profit in years. The management would also tell you that the irrigation system is in a constant need of attention.
If anyone seriously thinks that a "country club" or whatever else you could name it is going to bring business to Clinton County, you probably will find yourself in the minority of maybe 30 people.
Lets not forget that CC has a couple of other courses that seem to be holding their own, and are quite challenging to a seasoned golfer. Angel Hill, while being a par 3 course, isn't a course to be under-estimated in difficulty and Deer Track is a great challenge. The best part is none of our taxpayers dollars go to manage them.
Thank you for actually asking a civil question.
When did they turn Angle hill into a par three course. You have no clue what your even talking about, PAR for the course! " I made a funny"
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#99 Oct 21, 2013
bulls eye wrote:
<quoted text>When did they turn Angle hill into a par three course. You have no clue what your even talking about, PAR for the course! " I made a funny"
So I made a mistake. Last time I was there, it was a 9 holer.

Like you never make mistakes. Of course you will be telling all of us you dont. Blah blah blah.
bulls eye

Carmel, IN

#100 Oct 22, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
So I made a mistake. Last time I was there, it was a 9 holer.
Like you never make mistakes. Of course you will be telling all of us you dont. Blah blah blah.
Never has been a par three in it's entire history. Calling Angle Hill a par three is like calling a apple an orange. That's the great thing about topix, anyone can jump out of the weeds and make really stupid comments on things they don't know anything about then jump back in the weeds. One thing you are making clear is your agenda.
DUMB

Frankfort, IN

#101 Oct 22, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
So 100% of the population over the age 18 have to use a city/county service for it to be considered important or vital. That's good thinking there, Chief.
Spin it how you want, the fact is not all 16,000 pay $3.00 as one post said...
DUMB

Frankfort, IN

#102 Oct 22, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
If an individual chooses not to visit a park or pool how can they see a return on that investment?
You and a few other cheapskates just like to bitch. Sorry that you don't know how to play golf, but other people do. Why do you hate them so?
I want to go to a movie, Punjabby. Will the city please build me a movie theater so I can have something to do. I am begging, please!!
info

Frankfort, IN

#103 Oct 22, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
So the city/county should fire the current management company then hire another one. Is that what you are saying?
And I like pie.
The city/county can't fire anybody!! You see, they have no control over it, your local Farmers bank, AKA CCEAF runs it. As CCEAF owns the two buildings and parking lot.. This is nothing more than an inside job to have the city/county pay for the investment of CCEAF. By the way, your Mayor is the chairman of CCEAF..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roads 19 min Sigh 1
News Voters will weigh in on $30M plans to renovate ... 50 min taxed enough 65
Please help 2 hr man down 2
Lets take a poll on how you feel about the hisp... (Sep '14) 18 hr homegrown 12
Mayor McBarnes Sat Curious 22
Feeling good about how far Frankfort has come Fri Richelle M Lutz 17
Places to go Fri Voter 2
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]