Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

I've heard many pros and cons about the charter school called "the crossing". Is it a good or bad thing for students?
thats all

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

coconut water wrote:
I've heard many pros and cons about the charter school called "the crossing". Is it a good or bad thing for students?
If it's the only school left that will accept a child due to being a juvenile delinquent, that's not such a good thing,
Uncomfortable Silence

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

Actually they do great work there. They take these kids that have problems in our regular government run schools and they get them turned around. Actually do better work than our government run public schools. I have seen troubled kids go there and completely change for the better.

Since: Nov 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2011

Judged:

thats all wrote:
<quoted text>If it's the only school left that will accept a child due to being a juvenile delinquent, that's not such a good thing,
See I've heard that too, but is it all troubled kids?
regina stevenson

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

Judged:

Im here to tell you about the crossing, my daughter had to leave our high school due to illness and went to the crossing. She left with 3 credits, she finished her freshman year out at the crossing. Her sophmore year she went to the high school in the mornings and the crossing in the afternoon. She went back to the high school full time her JR. Year. As a senior, she is drug free, doesnt have a police record. She is in National Honor Society, involved in anything she can be in. She carries a very good g.p.a. Im grateful to the crossing school and staff for her to get back on track after being ill. The best way to find out about this school is to visit.
old man

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

well if its for kids that dont mind their parents just whos falt is that? when you cant make your kids mind and you cant spank the little burgers then i say its not the parants falt. heck when i was a kid my dad would spank you and you didnt do that again! its funny how a kid will mind! so just how in the hell do you stop kids from doing stuff?
it is what it is

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Well the Crossing is for more than just bad kids. It it there for sick kids, kids that need more help, yes some kids attend that are labeled delinquents, but those students are the ones that are bullied in public schools due to poverty, behavior problems, learning disabilities, etc. So it serves a more of a one on one, than the other community schools offer. Doesn't really have anything to do with whipping them because they are bad. It's beyond that. It is a public place so if anyone has questions or concerns, drive down St. Rd. 28 and ask them.
disappointed

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

just be aware they have no responsibility or accountability to you or your child. if they decide the child does not "fit", they can kick them out for no reason even if the child wants to stay. very unprofessional and extremely unchristian way to work. i think they are beginning to be like others and only looking out for easy success stories, personally i hate quitters. they dont even have real teachers working there~ so parents beware, dont waste your childs time
U are ignorant

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

The crossing is a great school and has changed my whole attitude In school I have all a's and b's now an am getting a job there next year it has made me into a leader and is good for any kid who is struggling not just for trouble makers also for people who get bullied and other things
U are ignorant

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Judged:

Also to the disappointed idiot u are wrong about everything u said u don't even know what u are talking about maybe u should look into it more before u run ur mouth about people and teachers u don't even know

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frankfort Discussions

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
im a potty mouth 5 hr truth teller 2
Hot Dog Festival is it another Alive on 65 6 hr Reply to Seriously 22
Blueberry hill pancake house. 9 hr truth teller 30
old cvs bulding 12 hr justsaying 9
health department 15 hr D B Cooper 2
More Hazardous Materials Coming to Frankfort Jul 21 lets eat 2
outgoing co comissioner bert weaver and parkvie... Jul 21 Getting Real 48
•••
•••