Walmart workers unite!!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old man

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Aug 5, 2012
well seriously, i know alot of drunk non-union workers. you keep thinking you control your pay and health care. well then tell me why if your so smart why arent you making more money to pay for all of this. the auto workers payed for all of their health care. they took less wages to have it. thats just why you have no idea about unions. you have to understand in the auto industry it only cost about 3% of the price of a new car towards wages and health care! please try to understand that the big companys dont give a shit if you live or die, they will fill your job with another guy just like you. you are just another tool. if you die they just get someone else to fill the spot! so you should try to read about the history about unions. i hope you do make more money so you can raise you family, but you cant go around and blame everybody else. dont think for one minute that a big company gives one shit about you or your family.
three and four

Michigantown, IN

#22 Aug 6, 2012
seriously wrote:
Well the whole point of this thread was the fact that Walmart employees get shit wages and even worse healthcare. So if they united they could negotiate better wages, insurance, etc.
Nobody has said anything about how If they unite they can do that! Take the good with the bad. I'd rather have a union job than a corporation ran job. I'd rather buy union made, than independent made.
Everyone's opinions seemed to be partial to how they were raised whether unions were good or bad, for our country. But one must look at the facts at least, that's what matter most.

1. Helped instill minimum wage for workers everywhere in America. as well as raises, overtime, etc

2. Helped reduce the amount of hours worked daily for any worker
What else?
3. Increased the cost dramatically for products they made?
4. Teachers going on strike and hurting children's education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tonya ward (Jul '13) 4 hr MrRogers 2
Debate: Marijuana - Frankfort, IN (Aug '10) 12 hr Captain Obvious 83
Wasted money on the Golf Course 12 hr Captain Obvious 22
News Indiana's Shine 99 Gets Shinier 12 hr Please help Frank... 12
Hot Dog Festival Aug 30 Curious 24
parks Aug 27 Hotdog Pride 2
Heron bust Aug 26 Fedcasegoingood 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages