conagra foods coming to frankfort.

conagra foods coming to frankfort.

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
watchout

Frankfort, IN

#1 Feb 25, 2014
Anybody know what they pay and what their benefit package is like?
Right on

Frankfort, IN

#2 Feb 25, 2014
Should be interesting to see what the wage for an average warehouse worker will be. I imagine they will use temporary staffing agency rather than hire off the street. Those are the details they always tend to leave out.

Guess we shall wait and see.
watchout wrote:
Anybody know what they pay and what their benefit package is like?
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#3 Feb 25, 2014
Here's a link to what is going on at the Indy location

http://jobs.conagracareers.com/search/...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 26, 2014
Sounds like most of the jobs are just transfers from a warehouse ConAgra already has in Lebanon: http://www.indystar.com/story/money/2014/02/2...

If they are decent jobs what's to stop the current employees in Lebanon from just making the drive to Frankfort instead?
Optimistic

Chicago, IL

#5 Feb 26, 2014
Mr. gloom and doom,

Then wouldn't that open up jobs in Lebanon? Couldn't people from Frankfort drive down there and apply?

Any new jobs in this economy and specifically in Clinton County should be celebrated.
hear say hater

Vernon Hills, IL

#6 Feb 26, 2014
SPIN IT anyway you want, it won't change a thing. The warehouse or first phase will employ 50 new jobs in the $14 to $17 range with BENEFITS, the second manufacturing phase coming in three to five years will be 600 for a total of around 800 to 900, blitzing FRITO. Along with all the new food and lodging that will add even more commerce to Frankfort. Those people coming from Lebanon may not come or they will retire in the future. All you mayor haters, this is truly a sad day for you! 350 trucks a day in and out of Frankfort, does that spark anybodies ideas for food services out on the west side!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 26, 2014
Optimistic wrote:
Mr. gloom and doom,
Then wouldn't that open up jobs in Lebanon? Couldn't people from Frankfort drive down there and apply?
From what I have read it is my understanding that the Lebanon facility will close once the Frankfort ConAgra facility is opened.
Optimistic wrote:
Any new jobs in this economy and specifically in Clinton County should be celebrated.
Agreed, but only if the they are the right jobs. Barely above minimum wage jobs with marginal benefits really aren't that great.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 26, 2014
hear say hater wrote:
the second manufacturing phase coming in three to five years will be 600 for a total of around 800 to 900, blitzing FRITO.
Source of this information?

New believer

Vernon Hills, IL

#9 Feb 26, 2014
hear say hater wrote:
SPIN IT anyway you want, it won't change a thing. The warehouse or first phase will employ 50 new jobs in the $14 to $17 range with BENEFITS, the second manufacturing phase coming in three to five years will be 600 for a total of around 800 to 900, blitzing FRITO. Along with all the new food and lodging that will add even more commerce to Frankfort. Those people coming from Lebanon may not come or they will retire in the future. All you mayor haters, this is truly a sad day for you! 350 trucks a day in and out of Frankfort, does that spark anybodies ideas for food services out on the west side!
It is so heart lifting to hear good things about our city!
New believer

Vernon Hills, IL

#10 Feb 26, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Source of this information?
Bert spoke to the manufacturing phase on WILO. Why is everyone always a doubting thomas! Why not be glad this is even in the news! Why look at the negative! Why! Why! Why! I will never understand the mind set of always looking at the bad. I will never understand why some people want and try to help failure!I will never understand hate. I understand not agreeing with a persons actions, but that doesn't invoke hate! Hate is personal. Always has been always will be.
Right on

Oak Brook, IL

#11 Feb 26, 2014
A bit defensive aren't we??
Very hard to find a warehouse that will pay packers $14-$17 per hour. Not even forklift.
But hey you sound like you may have some inside info. Please tell us more.

Yes ANY jobs are good. No one is disputing that. But, lets not sugar coat here. No warehouse pays those rates for average warehouse workers.

Take a look at the news piece done on the State of Indiana and their National reporting of new jobs in Indiana. May discoveries may shock you.
hear say hater wrote:
SPIN IT anyway you want, it won't change a thing. The warehouse or first phase will employ 50 new jobs in the $14 to $17 range with BENEFITS, the second manufacturing phase coming in three to five years will be 600 for a total of around 800 to 900, blitzing FRITO. Along with all the new food and lodging that will add even more commerce to Frankfort. Those people coming from Lebanon may not come or they will retire in the future. All you mayor haters, this is truly a sad day for you! 350 trucks a day in and out of Frankfort, does that spark anybodies ideas for food services out on the west side!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 26, 2014
New believer wrote:
<quoted text>Bert spoke to the manufacturing phase on WILO.
Thank for revealing your source.
fed up

Lebanon, IN

#13 Feb 26, 2014
it said that they are looking at the good workers in frankfort they are looking at cheap labor in the form of mexicans and what does have ivy tech has to do with anything that can't teach labor to work it still is a joke and it still will end up a bust

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 26, 2014
fed up wrote:
it said that they are looking at the good workers in frankfort they are looking at cheap labor in the form of mexicans
So there are not enough 'Mexicans' in Lebanon?

And don't these 'Mexicans' have to provide proper documentation in order to be employed by such a facility?
Um yeah

Frankfort, IN

#16 Feb 26, 2014
It is well known that temp agencies employ undocumented workers. The illegal individual simply provides the agency with false or stolen documentation. The temp agency that formerly provided workers for the company I work for is known for employing illegals. You can tell which oes are illegal because they turn down full time opportunities when offered, because my employer does extensive background checks. They used to allow them to turn down full time but keep working through the agency, but recently they started firing anyone that turned down full time. When I applied at the agency there were 4 hispanic ladies also applying. I had to provide proof of residence and high school diploma, they simply told the agency the name of their high school back in Mexico. Fair, I think not.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#17 Feb 26, 2014
Looks like someone didn't appreciate seeing comments about the INS coming into Zacharys and Wabash and cleaning out the illegal residents of the U.S.

The Um yeah poster has it nailed as well.

Deleting the truth? That is truly sad.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#18 Feb 26, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
Looks like someone didn't appreciate seeing comments about the INS coming into Zacharys and Wabash and cleaning out the illegal residents of the U.S.
And you would be wrong (again), Martin. I have no problem with illegal residents being deported.

What I do have a problem with is the sense of entitlement to jobs that many native Americans have (Note, the term 'native American' in my context means individuals born in the United States of America, not necessarily a member of a native American Indian group).
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#19 Feb 26, 2014
That may of been the case years ago. Company's are now required to use Everify. If a company does not participate than No tax breaks/benefits. Majority of major businesses use this. It is the small businesses that hire cheap labor under the table.
Many turn down these opportunities so they do not loose their welfare benefits. Many are able to maintain a $9 hour job as a temp and keep their Medicaid and Food Stamps.

Not to say it does not happen, just not as much anymore as you think.
Um yeah wrote:
It is well known that temp agencies employ undocumented workers. The illegal individual simply provides the agency with false or stolen documentation. The temp agency that formerly provided workers for the company I work for is known for employing illegals. You can tell which oes are illegal because they turn down full time opportunities when offered, because my employer does extensive background checks. They used to allow them to turn down full time but keep working through the agency, but recently they started firing anyone that turned down full time. When I applied at the agency there were 4 hispanic ladies also applying. I had to provide proof of residence and high school diploma, they simply told the agency the name of their high school back in Mexico. Fair, I think not.
Um yeah

Frankfort, IN

#20 Feb 26, 2014
You are wrong, Yep. Not going to put my employer on blast, but the temp agency that they until very recently used was widely known to recruit illegal workers. That is a fact. I suppose the temp agencies don't care about tax breaks as they aren't making a big contribution to the local economies, rather, they are just stealing from the workers (by paying $8, $9, or $10 an hour when the agency is receiving $13-17 an hour for the same employee) and putting illegals to work. My employer (not the temp agency) uses everify for full time employees, hence the reason the illegals turned down full time and 'disappeared'. No rocket science here...
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#21 Feb 26, 2014
My bad. Well prove me wrong then and tell us the name of where you work?
Not rocket science....tell me do you work in the HR Dept and know for sure this practice is going on where you work?
Many rely on food stamps and medicaid. Tell me would a family of lets say 6 in one household live off of 1 parent making $9-$10 an hour? Would this parent or parents risk loosing their food stamps or medicaid to make $11-$12 an hour to have the "full-time" status? Perhaps that employer offers horrible benefit plans. That is more and more common with Obama Care.
Whether they are Hispanic or not that is a no brainier and many do make this decision in order to feed their families. Not rocket science?

I am all for illegal immigrants taking the right & Legal path to obtain legal citizenship. If not then they should be deported. Do you know that a record number of immigrants have been deported by Obama than any other administration. And I could give a rats ass about Obama.

But we are all entitled to our opinion. This is America after all.

Um yeah wrote:
You are wrong, Yep. Not going to put my employer on blast, but the temp agency that they until very recently used was widely known to recruit illegal workers. That is a fact. I suppose the temp agencies don't care about tax breaks as they aren't making a big contribution to the local economies, rather, they are just stealing from the workers (by paying $8,$9, or $10 an hour when the agency is receiving $13-17 an hour for the same employee) and putting illegals to work. My employer (not the temp agency) uses everify for full time employees, hence the reason the illegals turned down full time and 'disappeared'. No rocket science here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God your community is trash Tue STFU 2
Frankfort Apartments Tue Knows the facts 73
Frankfort Commons Tue Getting real 4
Marsh closing Mon Agreed 8
The Times article on USB Apr 23 Facts only please 10
Drug dealers got busted?? Apr 22 Mrs truther 6
Rental Homes Apr 20 MMK 1

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages