Frankfort ISTEP+ scores in bottom 10

Frankfort ISTEP+ scores in bottom 10

There are 57 comments on the WLFI-TV West Lafayette story from Sep 25, 2013, titled Frankfort ISTEP+ scores in bottom 10. In it, WLFI-TV West Lafayette reports that:

The Community Schools of Frankfort is continuing to look at their results from last year's ISTEP+ test that saw the district among the bottom ten public schools in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI-TV West Lafayette.

Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#21 Sep 26, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
That pig of a former superintendent is water under the bridge. Yes, hiring Mr. Bivins was a huge mistake in hindsight, but move on and stop dwelling on it. Let's first concentrate on getting rid of most if not all of the current school board. You seem like a person who would do a good job in the position. When are you announcing your candidacy?
Since you want to get rid of most of the schoolboard, that must mean you will be running for a position? When shall we expect "Punjab" to throw his hate I mean hat into the ring?

I won't be since I am a county dweller. You can tell that by my address from whence I post from.
Right to Know

Fort Wayne, IN

#22 Sep 26, 2013
What a boring sad life you must life to constantly post on every forum on this website. Too bad this forum cannot be used for legitimate debate. You seem to know everything and have all the answers. Let me ask you when will you be announcing your candidacy?
You think the tax payers are still not feeling the effects of what this superintendent and this school board allowed to happen? Change does not happen over night. The effects will be felt for years to come.
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
That pig of a former superintendent is water under the bridge. Yes, hiring Mr. Bivins was a huge mistake in hindsight, but move on and stop dwelling on it. Let's first concentrate on getting rid of most if not all of the current school board. You seem like a person who would do a good job in the position. When are you announcing your candidacy?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#23 Sep 27, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You indicated the building was crumbling, right? I think of crumbling of things breaking into small pieces or break apart, decay. I was aware of the electrical problem and heating conditions, as I have toured this as well.
What are you going to do to make sure this problem is fixed? Are you going to be the leader and speak out and are you going to run for school board? You seem to have the knowledge of everything, is their an elected official that we could create for you, since you know it all? Lets pave the way for you and your knowledge... You are simply one smart cookie...
Yes, Frankfort HS is slowly crumbling. Besides the electrical and heating systems the windows and exterior doors are way under current building codes regarding insulation. The cost to heat the high school is something like twice that of all the other CSF buildings combined.

As for the school board yes, I am considering throwing my hat into the ring. How about you? Together we could change the world.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#24 Sep 27, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Frankfort HS is slowly crumbling. Besides the electrical and heating systems the windows and exterior doors are way under current building codes regarding insulation. The cost to heat the high school is something like twice that of all the other CSF buildings combined.
As for the school board yes, I am considering throwing my hat into the ring. How about you? Together we could change the world.
Can't wait to see the headlines in The Times. "Punjab to run for schoolboard in district ?"

You'll have to use a real name and a real address to register. They will check it out. Unlike on here where you can be whatever you want. Welcome to the club.
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#25 Sep 27, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't wait to see the headlines in The Times. "Punjab to run for schoolboard in district ?"
You'll have to use a real name and a real address to register. They will check it out. Unlike on here where you can be whatever you want. Welcome to the club.
Are you certain you will have to use a real address? I think that was tested before and no, they didn't check it out.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#27 Sep 27, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you certain you will have to use a real address? I think that was tested before and no, they didn't check it out.
You are quite right. I believe the current Mayor has done that.

At least the name and picture will have to be accurate.

Location hidden

#28 Sep 27, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well "Yep", are you considering a run for CSF school board?
Punjab is

Lockport, KY

#29 Sep 27, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
on top of being a moron, you don't read everything completely. look the comments you dumb-ass. i already answered it before you even asked.

Location hidden

#30 Sep 27, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
on top of being a moron, you don't read everything completely. look the comments you dumb-ass. i already answered it before you even asked.
Hmm, I was addressing "Yep" with my question, not "Punjab is". Learn to read.

Unless of course "Punjab is" and "Yep" are the same person using multiple sockpuppets. Of course since neither are registered Topix accounts we will never know the real truth.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#31 Sep 27, 2013
Nope. Have no clue who Yep is. And don't care. They are entitled to their no name no address and no real picture just like everyone else on here is.

Location hidden

#32 Sep 27, 2013
Punjab is wrote:
Nope. Have no clue who Yep is. And don't care. They are entitled to their no name no address and no real picture just like everyone else on here is.
And you are entitled to your no-brain opinion.

If you don't live within the CSF boundaries as you claim, why do you even care?
Lol

Frankfort, IN

#33 Sep 27, 2013
Lol, getting heated in here..
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#34 Sep 27, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are entitled to your no-brain opinion.
If you don't live within the CSF boundaries as you claim, why do you even care?
I never said I did. Prove me wrong you moron.
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#35 Sep 27, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Punjabby, I won't call you names but it is quite clear your mind only thinks of what you can say next. If you would go back to post number 26, that may answer the question for you. If you have trouble reading that, I am not sure what I can do for you. Maybe your the 75% you were talking about when it comes to teaching your kids. Not real sure..
L Ledbetter

Noblesville, IN

#36 Oct 6, 2013
Cough cough wrote:
It shouldn't matter whether the kids are these whit trash kids , wealthy kids , blue collar kids , or brown yellow white black red kids . The problem is they are not passing and that should not be acceptable instead of the administrators looking at why the kids failed , they should be looking at why the teachers failed to teach
Do you really think that Carmel, Zionsville, etc. just have better teachers then everyone else? The difference is the constant support and stress put on education that starts at home. Many students at Frankfort get a solid education and go on to well in life. However, too many don't because of social economic issues in the home environment.
Keep blaming the government for your problems but if you want your child to get ahead constantly reinforce and monitor your child's education progress. Regularly meet with his/her teachers to ensure they are having their needs met. Demand that your child does their best and then hold them accountable. It's really not that hard.
calling it like it is

Indianapolis, IN

#37 Oct 6, 2013
L Ledbetter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that Carmel, Zionsville, etc. just have better teachers then everyone else? The difference is the constant support and stress put on education that starts at home. Many students at Frankfort get a solid education and go on to well in life. However, too many don't because of social economic issues in the home environment.
Keep blaming the government for your problems but if you want your child to get ahead constantly reinforce and monitor your child's education progress. Regularly meet with his/her teachers to ensure they are having their needs met. Demand that your child does their best and then hold them accountable. It's really not that hard.
You are absolutely right! When people try to blame teachers, it's such a total cop-out. You could take all of those teachers from those solid schools and transplant them to Frankfort and guess what?!?! Frankfort would still be sh*t. And you could take Frankfort's teachers and transplant them to Hamilton County or some other high-ranking area and those kids' grades wouldn't suddenly decline. You know why? Because it isn't the teachers. It's the absolute lack of drive these kids have. Statistics don't lie; and statistically, there is a correlation between parent income, parent education level, and student performance. Generally speaking, kids whose parents are educated and successful push their children to do the same. On the flip-side, parents who are struggling themselves, often don't have the time, energy, or concern to care about how their children are doing. Just look at Frankfort's drop-out rates. Kids who drop out of school end up having kids who do the same. And again, I am not saying that this is true of EVERY single person, but statistically there is evidence that what I am saying is true. There is also a direct link between test scores and a school's percentage of free or reduced lunches. FACT: Frankfort has a very high poverty rate. It's not surprising that we do so poorly academically.
topic retards

Carmel, IN

#38 Oct 7, 2013
one word describes the answer to poor students, well two words, POOR PARENTS. How they raise their kids, hit and cuss at them until they go away and leave them alone.
Citizen Kane

Frankfort, IN

#39 Oct 7, 2013
Right to Know wrote:
Excuse me. My children are A & B students as well. However, I have ran into issues when my children have needed extra help and have gone to the teachers for help with not much luck. My children have also witnessed Hispanic children get priority and more one on one from teachers or translators for assistance.

<quoted text>
Well they are going to concentrate on the majority first before they get to the others. The only real good chance your kids will have is to take them out and get them in another school like Clinton Central or Prairie.

Good luck!
UNO

Frankfort, IN

#40 Oct 8, 2013
Citizen Kane wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they are going to concentrate on the majority first before they get to the others. The only real good chance your kids will have is to take them out and get them in another school like Clinton Central or Prairie.
Good luck!
So your solution is to run away from the problem? Wow that's great advice lol....
FiredUp

Fort Wayne, IN

#41 Oct 8, 2013
That is what many do! It is not running away from the problem. This is not new news about Frankfort Schools. This is why county schools no longer charge a tuition fee for city children due to POOR State Test scores.
Parents have been pulling their children for years and sending them to the county schools for better education.
Laugh all you want. Most prefer to see their children succeed not fail.
UNO wrote:
<quoted text>
So your solution is to run away from the problem? Wow that's great advice lol....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana's Shine 99 Gets Shinier 8 hr Opinionsmatter 3
fatal accident/unrestrained child 17 hr Dana 1
Hot Dog Festival Thu The Inquirer 23
Jim Moyer you crack me up! Jul 28 The Inquirer 9
Poll Does Frankfort Want A 10 Million Dollar Police ... Jul 27 MohammedIsMyCopilot 14
Selfies Jul 25 Allen 5
National guard carrying real weapons Jul 25 Retired Military 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frankfort Mortgages