When will the local media step up and...

When will the local media step up and report about the loss of grants?

Created by Survey says on Jan 21, 2014

153 votes

Click on an option to vote

Never, because it would involve telling the truth.

Never because it will harm the mayor's character.

Never, because they just don't care.

All of the above.

None of the above. Give details below

truth seaker

Frankfort, IN

#23 Jan 29, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
Read today another reference to the emails communications between Bert Weaver and two other people dealing with the county insurance.
Nice to see tidbits of info, but with the technology of the internet, why don't they scan it and post it on line for all to read.
That would be very transparent and probably end the controversy.
what about Skippy's defying the request for his email records?{his computer had a catastrophic computer failure} why don't they look at his computer to see if he is telling the truth. everyone knows he is lying. does the computer belong to the county? if it does it should be followed up on.
mickey mouse

Vernon Hills, IL

#24 Jan 30, 2014
Well wrote:
Frankfort currently has two 'local'(and I use that word loosely with one outlet) media companies that are charged with the distribution of local, county, state, and National news with a mostly unbiased attitude.
The newspaper does a 6 day a week paper distribution with an online presence as well. Both require, as they should, a subscription since they are a "for profit" business. Until recently, they were the only local news source.
Frankfort's own radio station now has a free online news site that purportedly was created to help "balance" out the biased media reporting of the local paper.
The problem, it seems, is no one has the guts to call a spade a spade. Nor do they want to take on tough news that will expose government, local agencies, and even individuals who believe they are above the law as well as not having to be accountable to anyone but themselves and or the 'click' that they associate themselves with
It begs the question to be asked: "Why is it so important to protect the community from the realities of our little town"?
How about it Ken? Why can't you blow the doors off of Old Stoney with the information you gathered? Is it because Ol Vern won't let you? Do you think the community would lambast you for being honest and exposing all the corruption that happens up there?
Or are you just another part of the problem much like your competition.
And let's not forget Sharon. She has censored articles and ideas her reporters in the past have presented to her. Why? It seems that these articles and potential investigations would reveal and expose individuals for who they are and that would jeopardize her "position" within our community (even though she doesn't live in Clinton County).
The media needs to "man up" and start giving the community what they need to know instead of censoring and protecting people.
I voted all of the above in regards to this survey. People generally laugh when the conversation turns to the subject of "Topix". They say that only whiners and cowards come on here.
I believe that some people that have a presence on here, like myself for example, are tired of not having any avenue to ask candid questions with the expectations of hearing truthful responses.
Granted there are people on this site that will demean others on here that post answers or even questions. It is America after all, and they have the right to such things.
But as a person who lives in the "land of the free", is it expecting too much to want to hear or read truthful accounts of the goings on in our community?
You deserve yourself, you have NO presents, you my son are a coward. Nothing more! You have not used the only avenue that will get you respect. Public exposure. You people that will not step out and publicly stand up for what you SAY you believe have no courage, period. You are why TOPIX is a joke.
Hutoka

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jan 30, 2014
Carlos Danger wrote:
<quoted text>..........Example..... ....A woman was shot three times in Frankfort while in her child's bedroom. I have looked at the WILO website and have not seen a thing. Is this not considered local news?
I called the Clinton Co web site with the same question. I think this is importand. Why would they not want to report this???? I was told to call in on the party-line and maybe ask that question. HA-in other words, as stated above its who strokes who.
Maybe these reporters that dont go out on a limb have no real ambition to be a true reporter. The reporters that write the truth for the public are the ones that well....are not writing for papers like Frankfort Indiana
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#26 Jan 30, 2014
mickey mouse wrote:
<quoted text>You deserve yourself, you have NO presents, you my son are a coward. Nothing more! You have not used the only avenue that will get you respect. Public exposure. You people that will not step out and publicly stand up for what you SAY you believe have no courage, period. You are why TOPIX is a joke.
Welcome to the club, Mickey Mouse.

You're a coward too. No real name.

Again, welcome to the club.
hotdog

Elkhart, IN

#27 Jan 30, 2014
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Insurance Fiasco you are referring to and the Police Corruptio? I agree with the rest but must have missed these two, fill me in...
I believe the corruption they are referring to is the girl who cried rape that the PD knew from the beginning was a lie. The PD didn't take the lie seriously so a bunch of people got their panties in a wad. Particularly the girls family. When she was finally arrested for false reporting they shut up real fast.
fed up

Lebanon, IN

#28 Jan 31, 2014
so if it was a lie then report in the paper and clear the cops name but nothing is ever reported just gets swept under the carpet or maybe she is telling the truth one would like to know one way or anothert
true

Chicago, IL

#29 Jan 31, 2014
truth seaker wrote:
<quoted text>
what about Skippy's defying the request for his email records?{his computer had a catastrophic computer failure} why don't they look at his computer to see if he is telling the truth. everyone knows he is lying. does the computer belong to the county? if it does it should be followed up on.
everyone knows that it was a cover up. His IT cconsultant has McBarnes back. He has to given the fact that he's bleeding the USB and electric company 3k plus a month for basically doing nothing.

What I would like to know is why he hasn't fired the St Dept manager for his mishandling of a few things.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#30 Jan 31, 2014
true wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone knows that it was a cover up. His IT cconsultant has McBarnes back. He has to given the fact that he's bleeding the USB and electric company 3k plus a month for basically doing nothing.
What I would like to know is why he hasn't fired the St Dept manager for his mishandling of a few things.
Duh... everyone knows about Mark.

What's this about Georgie boy?
Taylor McLean

Frankfort, IN

#31 Jan 31, 2014
real observations wrote:
<quoted text>
paxton media corp has to be asking themselves why their readership has declined over the last decade. unfortunately they dont have corp representation in the area so they'll never know what the truth is in regards to local goings on here in frankfort indiana since their office is in kentucky.
all one has to do is look at the boards that the publisher sits on and one can immediately assume manipulation and corruption exist.
they knew about dean huddelston and reported nothing.
they knew about the shenanigans of the now mayor and did nothing.
they knew about the corruption within the police dept and did nothing about it
they knew about the specific amounts of money passed thru to the ivy tech project but failed to report it.
they know about all this insurance fiasco and refuse to print all the facts.
the list goes on and on.
clinton county, you have to be sick of the political and media corruption. i hope you either wise up and change things or get out before it gets any worse.
Maybe a publisher could make a go of a weekly newspaper in Clinton County. as have been cropping up in other small markets. It would take quite an initial investment, I suppose, and probably won't happen here until the Times ownership finally pulls the plug.
hotdog

Elkhart, IN

#32 Feb 1, 2014
fed up wrote:
so if it was a lie then report in the paper and clear the cops name but nothing is ever reported just gets swept under the carpet or maybe she is telling the truth one would like to know one way or anothert
If the cops felt they had to clear their names everytime John Q Public made accusations about them regarding things that John Q Public has no clue about, that's all they would be getting done. Besides, it was really only the concern of all those involved and no one else's business.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#33 Feb 1, 2014
hotdog wrote:
<quoted text>
If the cops felt they had to clear their names everytime John Q Public made accusations about them regarding things that John Q Public has no clue about, that's all they would be getting done. Besides, it was really only the concern of all those involved and no one else's business.
It seems odd that you only hear people complaining about Frankfort's police with any consistency.

And if the person that started this page with his or her's book is accurate, there is the potential that someone either directly related to, or actual person themselves, post about their own concerns about investigations and allegations.

Just a thought...
hotdog

Elkhart, IN

#34 Feb 2, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems odd that you only hear people complaining about Frankfort's police with any consistency.
And if the person that started this page with his or her's book is accurate, there is the potential that someone either directly related to, or actual person themselves, post about their own concerns about investigations and allegations.
Just a thought...
Another thought....maybe the majority of the people who use Topix are not always the most upstanding citizens to begin with and have more contact with police and not in a good way.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#35 Feb 2, 2014
hotdog wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thought....maybe the majority of the people who use Topix are not always the most upstanding citizens to begin with and have more contact with police and not in a good way.
Another thought, maybe the police aren't really good as they think they are.

Judging by all the things that have been put out in various media besides this one, coupled with the lawsuits, one would have to dispute your thought.

Unless you want to include the police and politicians who frequent and post on this site, then I'd say you are on to something.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#36 Feb 3, 2014
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thought, maybe the police aren't really good as they think they are.
I'm sure you could do better.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#37 Feb 5, 2014
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you could do better.
I am sure I wouldn't do worse.
The word is

Carmel, IN

#38 Feb 6, 2014
He mishandled some personnel files. The mayor knows, but George must have something on him because the mayor won't fire him.

Typical day in Frankfort... Cover ups and taking care of friends.
Punjab is wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh... everyone knows about Mark.
What's this about Georgie boy?
The Life of Reality

United States

#39 Feb 8, 2014
So Carol Price is the leader of the healthy program, right?

Why isn't she talking to the Times to get some press about this ADA grant issue?

She's part of the Chamber, right? She's part of the Purdue Co-op Extension office, right? She looks to be well connected with the community, right?

Maybe it's because she was a suck up to the Mcbarnes lying campaign agenda. It could also be because she is still a suck up to him since he got into office. Maybe she's in danger of loosing some sort of status if she goes against the flow.

Or, as been mentioned a few times in this topic, the Times is so biased towards the green boy that they wouldn't want to give him bad press by telling some truth and reality in regards to the true affairs of this city.

And to all you supporters of the young boy... Good for you. You like living in a world of ignorance and bliss. That's fine.

But the rest of us live in the world of reality. That world entails telling truths and not hiding things. The Maish Rd south project getting suspended because of the mayor's not following thru on the ADA study is reality.

Sam Payne being removed as the project manager is a reality.

No grants being written to get more money to flow into the city to fund visionary projects is a reality.

Being denied a Stellar Community Grant, in part because of cover-ups, is a reality.

These things cannot be misconstrued. They are the truth. Anyone trying to say otherwise would be lying.

It's reality people. When will the media wake up and give the facts a try???
name

Rossville, IN

#40 Feb 8, 2014
Why are you people ripping on the kid? He's just following the examples of men and women business leaders in town.

Liars, cheats, and self professed christians are his crowd. Blame them. He's just a boy
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#41 Feb 10, 2014
name wrote:
Why are you people ripping on the kid? He's just following the examples of men and women business leaders in town.
Liars, cheats, and self professed christians are his crowd. Blame them. He's just a boy
As funny as this poster's response is, they are actually very accurate in describing Mcbarnes and his 'crowd'.

Gotta love reality.
funnything happens

Chicago, IL

#42 Feb 10, 2014
The word is wrote:
He mishandled some personnel files. The mayor knows, but George must have something on him because the mayor won't fire him.
Typical day in Frankfort... Cover ups and taking care of friends.
<quoted text>
And what and how did he mishandle personnel files? If the mayor knows and did nothing then he is just as guilty. Just what did George do before even becoming street supt.? Is he really qualified to be doing this job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frankfort In 5 hr The Truth 12
I'll say it (Nov '15) Jul 24 Haha 6
Drug problem in Frankfort Jul 22 I know you 22
Clinton County Fair 2016 Jul 20 Huh 34
bridge Jul 18 josh 5
Sports complex Jul 16 Sharing my question 39
City paving driveways for free Jul 14 Fight the good fight 21

Frankfort Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance