Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2014

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

After attending the March 4 Airport Authority meeting, my eyebrows are still raised in wonder of whether the NIDEC building is sold or not. It appears the airport authority is trying to palm off many of the ongoing bills from the robbery and reconstruction to the company that is buying the building. I asked Mr. Dunn president of the airport authority if the $285,000 that he proposed to the commissioners to be spent On the facility was actually spent, and he said yes. In the background someone was heard to have said " but the heat is still not working over there". There was an issue of the 15,000 some odd dollars of payment that was made to Skyles electric last meeting. This meeting they decided to somehow try to get the $15,000 back from Skyles electric and make the new company pay for it? Now, comes the municipal bond that all the taxpayers are paying for eight years. The airport authority sold the NIDEC building for $1 million 1500 thousand dollars. The bond is 1.5 million. However, the airport authority is putting the receipts of the sale in their general fund. You as taxpayers will continue to pay off the bond for 6 more years. Answer was, they would have to pay off early pay off fees to pay off YOUR bond ? Is it just me or does it look like, they are using your money, you are paying interest on it and when they DO make money, who gets the benifits ? Tell me, how many of you fly or go into that airport on a daily, weekly monthly basis?
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Richelle, you ask the question, IS IT JUST ME, well yes it is just you. You know, all we have heard from you for years is how we miss spend tax dollars. ALWAYS AFTER THE FACT. Never have we heard ONE idea before. If you truly are what you say you are, then why have you never worked with the administrations PRIOR to the fact! Anybody can stand back are ridicule everybody's actions and find fault. You look at yourself as an overseer of the county, everyone else see's you as just another person with no answers. Lets hear ideas NOW, not after the fact. Please don't insult our intelligence by talking about more wasteful spending. You probably have no chance of winning because you offer nothing but finger pointing. Voters must not like your approach to politics based on never being elected in prior attempts. Let us know what you stand for NOT what your against. If you feel you can save us all from wasteful spending, where will those dollars go, back in our pockets etc. Truth is even if elected you don't know. Taxes won't be reduced, you will now be the ONE spending taxes dollars instead of Dunn. YOUR TURN IN THE HOT SEAT. Not a reason to get votes.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

never never wrote:
Richelle, you ask the question, IS IT JUST ME, well yes it is just you. You know, all we have heard from you for years is how we miss spend tax dollars. ALWAYS AFTER THE FACT. Never have we heard ONE idea before. If you truly are what you say you are, then why have you never worked with the administrations PRIOR to the fact! Anybody can stand back are ridicule everybody's actions and find fault. You look at yourself as an overseer of the county, everyone else see's you as just another person with no answers. Lets hear ideas NOW, not after the fact. Please don't insult our intelligence by talking about more wasteful spending. You probably have no chance of winning because you offer nothing but finger pointing. Voters must not like your approach to politics based on never being elected in prior attempts. Let us know what you stand for NOT what your against. If you feel you can save us all from wasteful spending, where will those dollars go, back in our pockets etc. Truth is even if elected you don't know. Taxes won't be reduced, you will now be the ONE spending taxes dollars instead of Dunn. YOUR TURN IN THE HOT SEAT. Not a reason to get votes.
. Interesting statement, "All we have heard from you for years is how we miss spend tax dollars". The County Council, being the. " purse strings" of government, are mandated by the State for overspending. Why is this such a difficult scenario for me as a constituent- taxpayer first. Then, someone who has the fortatude to put my name and picture one this site as well as,my name on the line for truth. That money from the sale of the NIDEC PROPERTY does not belong to the Airport Authority. The money belongs to the taxpayers that are paying a 1.5million dollar bond at 2.44% interest for 8 years. They gave me their answer last night about paying early payoff fees. My question was "how much would be the difference between the fees and the interest for the 6 yrs left on the bond? No one would answer. You see Mr/Mrs elected official ( taken from your initial response to my post) I have plan, I have ideas. Just so happens that my first idea is "Stop the bleeding" so next budgetary hearings you don't have to talk layoffs

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

never never wrote:
Richelle, you ask the question, IS IT JUST ME, well yes it is just you. You know, all we have heard from you for years is how we miss spend tax dollars. ALWAYS AFTER THE FACT. Never have we heard ONE idea before. If you truly are what you say you are, then why have you never worked with the administrations PRIOR to the fact! Anybody can stand back are ridicule everybody's actions and find fault. You look at yourself as an overseer of the county, everyone else see's you as just another person with no answers. Lets hear ideas NOW, not after the fact. Please don't insult our intelligence by talking about more wasteful spending. You probably have no chance of winning because you offer nothing but finger pointing. Voters must not like your approach to politics based on never being elected in prior attempts. Let us know what you stand for NOT what your against. If you feel you can save us all from wasteful spending, where will those dollars go, back in our pockets etc. Truth is even if elected you don't know. Taxes won't be reduced, you will now be the ONE spending taxes dollars instead of Dunn. YOUR TURN IN THE HOT SEAT. Not a reason to get votes.
. Let us move on, to our second complaining. IVY Tech. I really don't think there has been anyone one on this site that has complained about a secondary education facility coming to Frankfort. I for one, have stated many times that I am very thankful that there is a secondary education facility right here, downtown Frankfort. What I have openly stated is, the amounts of money that the county council has continued to spend openly and unadulterated against the taxpayers wishes to that facility. The meeting that haunts me the most, is the meeting When Bill Beard, ShanSheridan and Stan Smith came to the commissioners and ask for $620,000 to pay construction bills because ivytech did not have the money as, the donations had not quite come in the way they expected.(Now please remember Stan Smith heads up the construction for ivytech). All three commissioners at that time spoke to Mr. Beard and said, "we are in budgetary hearings at this time the council is talking about laying people off at the county level. We do not have any money". That was on a Monday the following Wednesday,two days later,the county council usurped the commissioners authority,and gave ivytech $160,000 out of tipping fees. The fees that the county gets from waste management. Better known as Mount Trashmore. If you want to call this, me pointing my finger and continuing to gripe about what is been done, I will point my finger. I have gone to the meetings, I have yelled, I have screamed, I have been thrown out of the meetings. Now I plan on doing something. I plan on running against one of these councilmen and hopefully the people will hear my voice. It is time to give back the voice of the people to government. Teddy Roosevelt said : "Offices are not the property of the politicians they are the property of the people"!
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

1

If elected, then you become the politician, the target. You think your a watch dog, I think you will be just another politician. You think for one second that you can gain everyones respect, you will simply upset half the people by how you conduct your spending. Your personally and how you conduct your self is what turns people off, the yelling, the finger pointing. You get no respect because you GIVE no respect to people. You need to take a lesson from how our mayor conducts himself. Maybe even mister Greeno, lost his run for mayor, you haven't heard a bad word from him, he got involved and is HELPING do what he can. That is how you get RESPECT!
Be real

Rossville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

3

1

never never wrote:
If elected, then you become the politician, the target. You think your a watch dog, I think you will be just another politician. You think for one second that you can gain everyones respect, you will simply upset half the people by how you conduct your spending. Your personally and how you conduct your self is what turns people off, the yelling, the finger pointing. You get no respect because you GIVE no respect to people. You need to take a lesson from how our mayor conducts himself. Maybe even mister Greeno, lost his run for mayor, you haven't heard a bad word from him, he got involved and is HELPING do what he can. That is how you get RESPECT!
Don't take a lesson from him. He lies, supports only a handful of people, and blames others for things when the ultimately responsibility was his.

In addition, he takes credit for things he had no direct hand in.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out problems with elected officials if you are diplomatic about it. People need to know about the mishandling of money, the decisions that are not in the best interests of the county and city population, or the other sneaky things that are being down without the publics knowledge.

Whomever "never never" is obviously doesn't want people to know all the truth.

Again, please don't be like him.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

never never wrote:
If elected, then you become the politician, the target. You think your a watch dog, I think you will be just another politician. You think for one second that you can gain everyones respect, you will simply upset half the people by how you conduct your spending. Your personally and how you conduct your self is what turns people off, the yelling, the finger pointing. You get no respect because you GIVE no respect to people. You need to take a lesson from how our mayor conducts himself. Maybe even mister Greeno, lost his run for mayor, you haven't heard a bad word from him, he got involved and is HELPING do what he can. That is how you get RESPECT!
. You have put a lot of assumption in many of your statements. You know what they say when we ass u me? I haven't yelled in quite some time. However, I will admit to having a passion for this County and the people that live in it. Is it a fear I read in your writing that if I am elected, I will not become a politician? Something might change in that frozen chosen that sit there now? The people are listening and reading. The people are ready for candidates that will listen.
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well then if your last sentence is a correct one, you should get the seat. After all your the only candidate saying you will listen,right. Guess we will see! Remember this after it's over. My guess is you have over simplified what it takes to be a elected official. Good luck, don't have a dog in this fight. But if you get the seat, may start coming to meetings.
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I do have a question, do you think you can work with our mayor and also the city council. How do you think things are going with him at the helm.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

never never wrote:
I do have a question, do you think you can work with our mayor and also the city council. How do you think things are going with him at the helm.
. Before I answer any more questions. Please answer this for me. Why, in your very first post, did you say, "for years you have complained about how we spend money". The emphasis is on We. However, in your next to last post you say, you have no dog in the race. I have chosen to come out in this site to be open with who I am. If you make statements as, in your first post. You're not being truthful with the people in this site. Let's put it all on the table. If I can tell who I am then, with that statement, you should be forthright enough with the voters to state your name and position. Then I will continue debate.
truth seeker

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 7, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Why wasn't there insurance on the building? Bert's buddies were getting all the insurance updated about this time. Not insuring one must be how he saved so much money
Tidbit

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 8, 2014
 
truth seeker wrote:
Why wasn't there insurance on the building? Bert's buddies were getting all the insurance updated about this time. Not insuring one must be how he saved so much money
Would the decision of the insurance be that of The Airport Authority or The County?
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 8, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Richelle M Lutz wrote:
<quoted text>. Before I answer any more questions. Please answer this for me. Why, in your very first post, did you say, "for years you have complained about how we spend money". The emphasis is on We. However, in your next to last post you say, you have no dog in the race. I have chosen to come out in this site to be open with who I am. If you make statements as, in your first post. You're not being truthful with the people in this site. Let's put it all on the table. If I can tell who I am then, with that statement, you should be forthright enough with the voters to state your name and position. Then I will continue debate.
Spoken like a true politician! Not answering a question. First and foremost, I am not the one running for office. No different than answering a question when your on WILO,at a debate or in the paper, I can be Joe public. I guess if it was in a public forum, you would respond by not answering! You know my name now, Joe public. Can your excuse for not answering give me what can be expected if you are in office? Starting to get a feel what it is like to be slammed with however you respond! I don't see your public outrages showing how much you care, I want to see how you are going to change things. Please don't say by saving tax dollars, we all know our taxes will not be lower because your in office. You don't need to bother responding to my questions in my last post, I think I know the answer. Good luck.
never never

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 8, 2014
 

Judged:

1

I am glad to see you are trying to improve your public displays. They do remind me more of a spoiled child not getting their way than how much you say you care. Deal with it like an adult, we have enough childish displays in national politics. Shows you have no respect of the other persons ideas and beliefs. Be adult about it.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 8, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

truth seeker wrote:
Why wasn't there insurance on the building? Bert's buddies were getting all the insurance updated about this time. Not insuring one must be how he saved so much money
the Airport is under an entity called: Airport Authority. "They did that so they could have more power and complete control",(Indiana State Board of Accounts). This way, a board of 7 people have say so of how the airport is ran and, how your tax dollars are spent. As much as it is called Frankfort/Clinton County Airport, no one has any authority over that board. Thus, the ridiculous decision to have no insurance or security on the building.*They decided to put security on after the place was stripped of $325,000 of copper and plumming supplies.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 8, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

never never wrote:
I do have a question, do you think you can work with our mayor and also the city council. How do you think things are going with him at the helm.
if elected I plan to work along with Mayor McBarnes and the City Council to the best of my ability for the good of all. I really don't think I have any qualms with the City since, they are an entirely different side of or area Government. However, as I stated in every post, overspending has to cease. Ivy tech is a City County alliance. Too many tax dollars have went into this program without thought to other needs in the City and the County IE: City streets and County Highway and Sheriff department.
Mister

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 8, 2014
 
I always find it odd that some folks such as "never-never" always appear as some Joe Public person in these forums but at the same time reply as if they know much more in regards to a particular and legit public concern and rather then add some useful informative information steer the topic in a totally different direction. Elected officials are always the reflection of the folks who help put them there whether it be public citizen or special interest and if allegations exist where public funds are being misappropriated or mishandled at the expense of taxpayers it should be exposed and brought to light as much as possible. Now having said that I also would add just as others have expressed in previous posts that unless the public exercise their right to vote they should not expect anything to change and frankly why should it. Many like to talk about how our forefathers would do this and not do that but I think they would rather us to just shoot each other for the absolute lack by so many in exercising the most fundamental right to even participate in their own local government at any level.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 8, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Mister wrote:
I always find it odd that some folks such as "never-never" always appear as some Joe Public person in these forums but at the same time reply as if they know much more in regards to a particular and legit public concern and rather then add some useful informative information steer the topic in a totally different direction. Elected officials are always the reflection of the folks who help put them there whether it be public citizen or special interest and if allegations exist where public funds are being misappropriated or mishandled at the expense of taxpayers it should be exposed and brought to light as much as possible. Now having said that I also would add just as others have expressed in previous posts that unless the public exercise their right to vote they should not expect anything to change and frankly why should it. Many like to talk about how our forefathers would do this and not do that but I think they would rather us to just shoot each other for the absolute lack by so many in exercising the most fundamental right to even participate in their own local government at any level.
understood. I hear constantly, "My vote doesn't count". With the attitude the American People have taken, I have to agree! Why, they haven't voted to make it count. Change can only take place when, those with the power to make change, take charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police officer steals over 150,000 and gets pro... 4 hr whereisthejustice 7
Alicia Warthan... The Skankapotomus of Frankfort (Apr '11) 7 hr noone special 23
Hot Dog Festival is it another Alive on 65 9 hr Anthony Petersen 45
officers unhappy with hickson? Wed brittany 23
Business owners with a criminal record Wed Facts 34
Cowards Who Mudsling On Topix Behind A Fake Name! (Jul '11) Aug 16 out of towner 50
County Fair Aug 16 Tidbit 8

Search the Frankfort Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••