Learning Network Vs. Clinton County Chamber of Commerce

Posted in the Frankfort Forum

Greetings From Frankfort

Frankfort, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2009
September 1, 2009
Letter to the Editor
Thanks for your article about Susan Tharp using our Learning Network for her personal agenda. Many people think the personal attacks and accusations in the media by Tharp and some of her employees probably led to Gina Sheets leaving her job as our Chamberís CEO. If so, that is absolutely horrible.
Many people in and around Frankfort totally disagree with Tharp using the Learning Network to cater to Illegal People. However, everyone is afraid to speak out. We saw how Tharp, some of her friends, and some of her employees at Purdue Extension attacked members of the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce during the Chamber Quality of Life program. We heard that Tharp coordinated those attacks. Iíve personally seen several emails that show this (like the one from a local dentist Ė she accidentally sent it to people she did not mean to send it to). These emails showed Tharp as the ring-leader in a secrete club aimed to discredit the Chamber Quality of Life program Ė promoting other people to write complaint letters to the Chamber Board, etc. And, after months of complaining and campaigning, they succeeded.
The way Tharp and her staff attacked the Chamber during the Clinton County Council meeting in November 2008 was especially ugly. This was an official public meeting to discuss the Purdue Extension budget for 2009. A representative from the Chamber was prevented from making a prepared statement by Melinda Grismer, who is on Susan Tharpís staff. Melinda Grismer made a total mockery of the public meeting. A number of members of the public (who had wanted to voice their opinions against what Susan Tharp was doing at the Learning Network) were also prevented from saying what they thought.
We all know the Chamberís letter on Illegal People does not agree with Susan Tharpís personal pro-illegal agenda. After Tharp paraded people in front of the councilmen for 45 minutes, saying how good 4H is etc., a member of the Chamber was given the floor to read from a prepared statement. The Chamber was attempting to provide a report on how Purdue Extension resources (people, computers, and website) were being used to attract more illegal people into Frankfort. Melinda Grismer shouted out over him, calling him a liar. Every time the Chamber tried to say something Ė Melinda Grismer interrupted, stood up, shouted out and would not let them speak. The Chamber tried and tried to make the statements they waned to make Ė but they were never once able to get a single sentence out for the Councilmen to hear. Melinda Grismer shouted them down every time, and Susan Tharp stood by in silence, watching it all happen. Several times both Tharp and Grismer argued with the Chamber representative about what he said.
Totally ridiculous. Tharp and Grismer, two taxpayer-paid employees of Purdue University, kept the Chamber and members of the public from voicing their opinions on Purdue Learning Network in a public meeting. How can Tharp look anyone in the face, knowing this is how her organization gets its way? How does Grismer justify her outrageous behavior? Why is Susan Tharp allowed to run our Learning Network for her personal agenda? This speaks volumes about Tharp, Grismer, and how Purdue Extension is perceived in Frankfort and Clinton County.
Iím ready to pull the plug on Tharpís whole organization, and Iím not alone let me tell you. Letís show our support for Ivy Tech restarting classes in Frankfort Ė at least the Chamber and the public might have a say in how taxpayers funding is used.
If you have any doubts about what took place during that November 2008 public meeting, just ask any County Councilman or anyone else who admits to have been in attendance. I have withheld my name. If not, I too would be attacked by Tharp and her employees for speaking out against her use of the Learning Network, and her unacceptable and outrageous behavior.

http://www.focusonfrankfort.net/Letter_to_Edi...
Jose De Frankfort

Frankfort, IN

#2 Apr 1, 2010
One can only guess the identity of the effeminate man child who wrote this pathetic, whining nonsense. It is no wonder that the person who writes in such a victimized tone hasn't the stones to make his arguments in public or sign his name. Wah, wah, wah, snivel, snivel, snivel. What a pantywaste . . . whining because his ass was beat by a couple of girls. At least his writing is slightly improved from previous posts if not his grasp of the facts.
Focus on Frankfort

Frankfort, IN

#3 Apr 15, 2010
See people, this is what this group is all about. This is how they respond to anyone who objects to their agenda. If this guy is Jose, it is Jose Grismer. A member of this pro-illegal group. Trying so hard to find out who is behind these messages so Tharp and Co. can try an eliminate the threat.
As soon as this story was published on Focus on Frankfort we have tracked and recorded so many I.P. addresses coming from Purdue University. Tharp's thugs working so hard to find out who is behind this. It is not one person but a number of people who do not like what is happening in Frankfort. People who are tired of the drugs, identity theft, fake documents, dangerous drivers, etc, etc. All for the sake of a few who make a living from it.
We have so much more yet to expose and it will be posted.
no name

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Apr 28, 2010
I think it's funny that you all think illegal's come here for the Learning Network. Those girls that were interrupting the council sound like some ghetto mama's "lemmmeee taaayyyyeelll you sumfin'" Too bad I missed it...I love having people to poke fun of.
dear susan

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Apr 29, 2010
I believe every illegal should be rounded up and put on a bus and sent back to where they came from and if you really want to help them, you should go with them. Frankfort used to be a great place to live, but now I am ready to sell and leave like half of Frankfort already has. You should be ashamed of your self.
Support Arizona

Frankfort, IN

#6 Apr 29, 2010
If you want Susan to get this message you will need to post it under the Arizona Topix section. That is where she probably is right now handing out brochures to those illegals in that state pointing them in the direction of Frankfort.

She is probably also handing out the video the Latino Network of Clinton County made a few years back explaining how to get WIC, foodstamps, medical care, housing and all those other free social services here in Frankfort.
what a shame

Hinsdale, IL

#7 May 2, 2010
I want state what think about illegals. Please respond if you feel convicted. They are stealing are identies as Hoosiers. spanish immigrants take money from our local economy and send it directly into their home countries. How do you feel about paying for their medical care and education. My simple solution is very high tax rates for non us workers. If illegals want to take american jobs from american people you pay for their welfare to sit on the couch. Welfare or not its their country by birthright. and illegals scams of coming across the border to give birth is an embarrasment to the US.
ignorance

Rushville, IN

#8 May 2, 2010
What a shame, that must be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on Topix. "stealing are identies as Hoosiers"...really? You should have written: "stealing OUR identiTIES as Hoosiers", but even then, it would be stupid.

How do you know which Spanish-speaking country all the immigrants come from? I highly doubt they are all "Spanish". Spanish would mean immigrating from Spain.

Go educate yourself and then try again.
what a shame

Hinsdale, IL

#9 May 2, 2010
you must be spanish. let me clarify spanish are taking on the identity of hoosiers that were born and raised here. Illegals are not hoosiers. If you grow up here you would know their were so few spanish people back in the day you would have known them by name. Look aroung if you see a spanish person chances are their not from clinton co. Common sense not so common to you huh.
Do what

Frankfort, IN

#10 May 2, 2010
Do we really have Illegals here in CC eating off our tax paying money and getting free healthcare? Really our kids have to learn spanish in schools. I think that's crap, they live here and they should make it on there own, we shouldn't have to give them anything for them to come here. I say, we don't want you here, us as tax payers didn't as you to come here, so go home and take your 300 kids with you. The ones that have lived here there whole life are getting a bad name!
Frankfort resident

Frankfort, IN

#11 May 2, 2010
ignorance wrote:
What a shame, that must be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read on Topix. "stealing are identies as Hoosiers"...really? You should have written: "stealing OUR identiTIES as Hoosiers", but even then, it would be stupid.
How do you know which Spanish-speaking country all the immigrants come from? I highly doubt they are all "Spanish". Spanish would mean immigrating from Spain.
Mr. Ignorant
I just love how you always want to point out everyone's mistakes. Call them stupid and so on. But then again, you support having illegals here in Frankfort so no matter what anyone says, your going to call them stupid or make them feel that they are uneducated. Well you and the few you hang with are the biggest part of the problems we have now. I hope you and your wife are proud. You've done nothing for our community but degrade it. The ceiling is cracking my friend and your standing right under it.

Your the one that needs to be educated. The days of you and your group trying to control things are over. Ask Terry Ward.

Say Yes to Arizona

Indianapolis, IN

#12 May 23, 2010
Frankfort resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Ignorant
I just love how you always want to point out everyone's mistakes. Call them stupid and so on. But then again, you support having illegals here in Frankfort so no matter what anyone says, your going to call them stupid or make them feel that they are uneducated. Well you and the few you hang with are the biggest part of the problems we have now. I hope you and your wife are proud. You've done nothing for our community but degrade it. The ceiling is cracking my friend and your standing right under it.
Your the one that needs to be educated. The days of you and your group trying to control things are over. Ask Terry Ward.
Humm you mean Mr. Terry use the Frankfort Times for my pro Mexican agenda Ward? He and his agenda are now history, and with this out of the way we turn our attention to Tharp and Grismer.
Say Yes to Arizona

Indianapolis, IN

#13 May 23, 2010
ignorance wrote:
Sorry, Mr. No It All, I've been listening to our Mayer Chris way to much and his "local loco" ialect rubbed off on me. Yes, I meant to say local loco dialect.
To your retorical question, we know 90 % of the Spanish speakers Mexicans because Susan Tharp told us that. Google this: Enriching Public Discourse on Latino Immigration. Slide 13 tells us 90% of the Plaza Frankfort students are from Mexico. Nevermind that Tharp was wrong when she developed these slides elsewhere. She said Frankfort has 75,000 people when we have 18,000 legals and some unknown number of illegals, but not that many.
Oh, by the way, Latino Immigrants would mean they utilzed the legall US immigration procedures, so they are really Mexican Illegals. Let's call a spade a spade here.
The only people sticking up for Tharp are those who work at Learning Network and whos job will be on the line soon when this whole program serving Mexicans gets stopped in it's tracks.
mister

Indianapolis, IN

#14 May 23, 2010
how about all the white people that are getting free food and health care. Make them get out and work. need to drug test all welfare people!!! jmo
Will

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 11, 2010
mister wrote:
how about all the white people that are getting free food and health care. Make them get out and work. need to drug test all welfare people!!! jmo
What is your point?

Yep, the white people scamming the system should be found out too.

But they don't have the sympathetic pro-Hispanic supporters helping them out. There are just a few pro-Hispanic do-gooders messing up this entire town. Don't be mistaken, they don't live anywhere near the Hispanics in Frankfort, they live in white sections of town or in the county.

So when anyone suggests the white people scamming the system need to be found out and stopped, no one disagrees. But make the same statment and name hispanics, and these sympathyzers come out of the wood work to defend the poor latino. Meanwhile, these poor latinos are driving Escalades and sending half their paychecks back to Mexico each month - all while "working" for minimum wage. Of course, most of them are making big money illegally, how else can you explain them driving Escalades on $8.90 / hour?
Tom

Frankfort, IN

#16 Jun 11, 2010
Will wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point?
Yep, the white people scamming the system should be found out too.
But they don't have the sympathetic pro-Hispanic supporters helping them out. There are just a few pro-Hispanic do-gooders messing up this entire town. Don't be mistaken, they don't live anywhere near the Hispanics in Frankfort, they live in white sections of town or in the county.
So when anyone suggests the white people scamming the system need to be found out and stopped, no one disagrees. But make the same statment and name hispanics, and these sympathyzers come out of the wood work to defend the poor latino. Meanwhile, these poor latinos are driving Escalades and sending half their paychecks back to Mexico each month - all while "working" for minimum wage. Of course, most of them are making big money illegally, how else can you explain them driving Escalades on $8.90 / hour?
There is big money in Anchor babies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why is everyone using my name 6 hr Joe Kiger 7
Clinton County Treasurer walks off the job Sep 27 Yep 42
what sad is when family lies to family and take... Sep 24 Doc Johnson 5
American Body Shop Sep 24 rightway 14
Fair Assoc annual meeting Sep 22 clodhopper 14
Officer Munoz harassment complaints Sep 22 Just quit already 13
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match

Frankfort Jobs

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]