Manhattan Approves Video Gambling After New Lenox Denies It

Jun 22, 2012 Full story: Patch.com 24

The Manhattan Village Board voted Tuesday to approve video gambling, going against the decision New Lenox's board made a few weeks ago.A According to the Sun-Times, A there was only one dissenting vote.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
not banned

United States

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Finally a reason to go into Gallaghers. Is a strip club next?
working dude

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 22, 2012
I sure Hope so , I would love to see some of these MILFs on a pole and not on tables At Fritzs .
not banned wrote:
Finally a reason to go into Gallaghers. Is a strip club next?
Glenn Quagmire

Glendale Heights, IL

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Don't worry. I bet a strip club is not far behind. These will attract more trash. That is why the other towns voted against it. We go from bad to worse in this town. Good for Naughton for voting no. The article says "the mayor will retain the ability to pull the liquor license of any establishment that violates the new gaming laws." Sounds like the bars may now be in his pocket?
out of control

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Glenn Quagmire wrote:
Don't worry. I bet a strip club is not far behind. These will attract more trash. That is why the other towns voted against it. We go from bad to worse in this town. Good for Naughton for voting no. The article says "the mayor will retain the ability to pull the liquor license of any establishment that violates the new gaming laws." Sounds like the bars may now be in his pocket?
I'm not really a fan of Naughton, but he did the right thing in casting a NO vote. This time at least he showed some sense.
non gambler

Manhattan, IL

#5 Jun 22, 2012
What the big deal?
the people who are the regulars will be the ones feeding the machine!
And seriously what does that have to do with any of you.
Let me guess ,someone or many will be like "but what if" so freaking what!
Let it be! Nothing is for sure! Not even tomorrow!
out of control

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jun 23, 2012
It can set forth a bad image for the town. Not that the image Manhattan has got is so stellar.
working dude

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 23, 2012
Go knit a sweater you tard ! Like anything elses Is bringing revenue to this town buisness fold like holiday cards its a shame.
out of control wrote:
It can set forth a bad image for the town. Not that the image Manhattan has got is so stellar.
Chillin

Mokena, IL

#8 Jun 23, 2012
Apparently the Manhattan Village Board believes that revenue is good for their town. Also they believe in giving people a choice in how they spend their own money. Being right next to a town that has banned them is brilliant. Good for you Manhattan. New Lenox really screwed up this one.
nl resident

Mokena, IL

#9 Jun 23, 2012
Chillin wrote:
Apparently the Manhattan Village Board believes that revenue is good for their town. Also they believe in giving people a choice in how they spend their own money. Being right next to a town that has banned them is brilliant. Good for you Manhattan. New Lenox really screwed up this one.
Have you seen the businesses in Manhattan? I doubt we'll be losing any revenue to those dumps. If I want to gamble I'll go to a decent place not some hole in the wall in Manhattan, IL.
Bob

Manhattan, IL

#10 Jun 24, 2012
Hole in the wall in Manhattan? Oops, my bad New Lenox is so high class right? Seeing as how "y'all" have a Walmart now. Give me a break, just because you choose to overpay for your home, property, and taxes doesn't make NL any better than Manhattan. Afterall, we DO have a cooler name the you. New Lenox, as apposed to Old Lenox? Really? Nah nah boo boo!
Bob

Manhattan, IL

#11 Jun 24, 2012
Can't forget about that Goodwill store AND Aldi! Rt 30 sure is starting to look like the Mag Mile or 5th ave right? Before you look across the fence to be so critical, look in thy own back yard first.
Unincorporated

New Lenox, IL

#12 Jun 24, 2012
Bob wrote:
Can't forget about that Goodwill store AND Aldi! Rt 30 sure is starting to look like the Mag Mile or 5th ave right? Before you look across the fence to be so critical, look in thy own back yard first.
It looks like a Mexican spaceship landed on route 30! Sooooo many bright lights. Congestion, pushing and shoving at the cash for gold store, and you can't understand anyone because they are speaking foreign languages. Thanks Baldy! Your the Senor!
out of control

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2012
Cripe! All NL is doing is watching Manhattan. If the revenue generated pays off, then NL will soon allow it and steal away Manhattan's share. Some are so ignorant to how the game is played.
nl resident

Mokena, IL

#14 Jun 25, 2012
Bob wrote:
Hole in the wall in Manhattan? Oops, my bad New Lenox is so high class right? Seeing as how "y'all" have a Walmart now. Give me a break, just because you choose to overpay for your home, property, and taxes doesn't make NL any better than Manhattan. Afterall, we DO have a cooler name the you. New Lenox, as apposed to Old Lenox? Really? Nah nah boo boo!
Sorry Bob, didn't mean to hurt your feelings but you have to admit that the businesses in Manhattan that will have gambling are a bit dumpy. Besides a couple of bars and pizza places what else is there? My point was...Manhattan's approval of slot machines is not going to take business away from NL. We'll still continue to draw people from all over, including Manhattan. We may have a Walmart, Goodwill and Cash for Gold but we also have some good restaurants and stores with more to come. I'm happy NL made the decision to opt out like most of the surrounding communities did. Good luck.
Bob

Manhattan, IL

#15 Jun 25, 2012
I understand your point, however, doing what everyone else is doing is what has led our state to be the laughing stock (politically) of the whole country. Corruption, crime, dishonesty run RAMPANT in the unions and in politics here in Illinois (particulary in Crook County). Yet dummycrap after dummycrap keep getting voted in to replace the last corrupt official. Our current governor only won 2 or 3 counties in the entire state yet still won the election. Democrat or Republican, one must admit, the people of Illinois will keep getting the SAME results if they keep voting in the SAME kind of people. Diversity is the backbone of America, yet here, there is only ONE party with ONE agenda. It's so bad that if you disagree with them (yes I'm a republican) you are automatically labeled a racist, a biggot, rich, or just a bad person. Diversity is being STIFLED here in Illinois. The media and the people of Chicago are the worst, they have blinders on yet believe they see better than us all. Why can't they even see the obvious (yet controversial) changes made one state away and the immediate impact it had on the people! For those that don't know(Chicago Media DOES NOT REPORT ALL THE FACTS) in Wisconsin Governor Walker took a multiBILLION dollar shortfall and turned it into a multiMILLION dollar surplus. Oh yeah, it only took him ONE year. Yet here property taxes and income taxes are going through the roof and we STILL are BILLIONS in debt a's a state. It's absolutely embarrassing. I'm done, rant over. Everyone have a good day!
Bob

Manhattan, IL

#16 Jun 25, 2012
nl resident the above comment was a reply to your comment as is this: it takes a whole lot more than that to hurt my feelings, just thought I detected a certain amount of aloofness in your comment. Particulary because of your harsh description of our local businesses. If I was wrong, I apologize.
Bob

Manhattan, IL

#17 Jun 25, 2012
Unincorporated wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like a Mexican spaceship landed on route 30! Sooooo many bright lights. Congestion, pushing and shoving at the cash for gold store, and you can't understand anyone because they are speaking foreign languages. Thanks Baldy! Your the Senor!
Now that's funny.
jiminey cricket

Manhattan, IL

#18 Jul 6, 2012
who wants to go gambling
jake

Carpentersville, IL

#19 Jul 29, 2012
jiminey cricket wrote:
who wants to go gambling
tricky ricky at the bit, does this mean your illegal gambling in your basement is legal now??
yuck

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 30, 2012
Bob wrote:
Hole in the wall in Manhattan? Oops, my bad New Lenox is so high class right? Seeing as how "y'all" have a Walmart now. Give me a break, just because you choose to overpay for your home, property, and taxes doesn't make NL any better than Manhattan. Afterall, we DO have a cooler name the you. New Lenox, as apposed to Old Lenox? Really? Nah nah boo boo!
The foreclosure rate is nearly nonexistent in NL. Right now, it's a better spot that Borgotown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankfort Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandy Hook was a False Flag Event 13 min Really 10
Ocare Destroying Lives 1 hr It was pointless 57
nypd shooting 2 hr Four More Years 26
Its Time 2 hr Unincorporated 25
Bremen coach 3 hr Mouse 24
Bremen basketball 3 hr Yepper 2
Cops Assassinated In NY 3 hr Unincorporated 41
Frankfort Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frankfort People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Frankfort News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Frankfort

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:01 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:01PM
Cowboys roll into playoffs with big win over Colts
Bleacher Report 5:10 PM
Cowboys Clinch Division, Continue to Shatter Expectations
Bleacher Report 5:21 PM
Trestman's QB Change Fails to Provide Spark
Bleacher Report 5:38 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws