Where's the (Italian) Beef? Tell Us Who Serves Your Favorite to Win a $50 Gift Card

Mar 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

For this week's Chowdown Showdown, local editors Joe Vince , Paul Dailing and Michael Sewall tried Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pete

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Judged:

IB Boy wrote:
Portillos and Buona Beef are two of the better ones!
Portillos is over rated ,expensive and not good. Buona Beef is very tasty.
manhattan yellowhammer

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

John wrote:
Buda Bing's puts a lot of beef on their sandwich, however it is tasteless beef. AJ's puts an enormous amount (too much) and it is way tasty. Better bring a fork if you buy one from AJ's, you'll need to eat on the sandwich for awhile before you can pick it up!
Totally agree!
Debbie

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

I vote for Rosies
Tino

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

I am the Beef
tino lettieri

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

The best italian beef is Bostons on Chicago and Grand Ave In chicago, been in the same location for 60 years,if you're in the area stop in, the italian sausage is great also, pepper and eggs every Friday,Tino Lettieri
Beefarter

Mokena, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

I serve the best Italian Beef right here in my bedroom! Ha Ha!!!!
Just Me

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Don's on Wolf Road has a decent beef sandwich...I'm not really impressed with any beef in New Lenox
Mixie

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

The best- and I mean the best-- is Johnnie's up north. Al's is a close second. Buona Beef, Portillos are both very good. I wouldnt give Bada Bing to my dog. I wouldn't feed grocery store beef to Mitt Romney's dog
uh what

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Carm's in hillside hands down best....but it closed that location
dollar bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

John wrote:
Hate to correct those out here, but "if you read" the header,"For this week's Chowdown Showdown, local editors Joe Vince , Paul Dailing and Michael Sewall tried Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.", you'd realize you made fool's of yourselves. Operative words: "....Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.". <Who cares that if you drive to 95th and California there is beef there????? Get on topic! Geezzzz
who pissed in your cornflakes?
Star

Manteno, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Maybe the posters didn't like your topic and decided to change it. FU.
Tommy Gun

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

The new portillos is excellent
Beefy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

You never had a beef sandwich until you've tried Suzy's on Irving Park & Pulaski in Chicago.
No longer pops

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

I do like Pop's BUT the last time I ordered 2 beef sandwhiches (along with other items for the family of 6) I said I want extra sauce (I always order extra sauce). The girl said ok extra gravy. I was TICKED off when I got home. I said SAUCE she said gravy. What the heck is extra gravy? Dipped? No red sauce. I called and the manager/owner said what was your number? Oh 53. Ok here it is you ordered extra gravy. UGH!!! I ordered extra sauce you ninny. Some places call gravy sauce but I say red sauce so they know. No I apologize sorry for the mix up come on back and we will throw some extra sauce on there. Nope!! I cater all my kids party from here, football, birthday, cheer, baseball. Because of this woman's attitude, I'm going to Mickeys.
Just Saying

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

No longer pops wrote:
I do like Pop's BUT the last time I ordered 2 beef sandwhiches (along with other items for the family of 6) I said I want extra sauce (I always order extra sauce). The girl said ok extra gravy. I was TICKED off when I got home. I said SAUCE she said gravy. What the heck is extra gravy? Dipped? No red sauce. I called and the manager/owner said what was your number? Oh 53. Ok here it is you ordered extra gravy. UGH!!! I ordered extra sauce you ninny. Some places call gravy sauce but I say red sauce so they know. No I apologize sorry for the mix up come on back and we will throw some extra sauce on there. Nope!! I cater all my kids party from here, football, birthday, cheer, baseball. Because of this woman's attitude, I'm going to Mickeys.
I think you should give them another try everybody has a bad day and or have a bad employee or a new employee. I always give second and third chances it's hard out there to make and pop's has been around for a long time. I like Tony's beef also very good and employees are very polite not saying pop's aren't just saying. Have a good!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frankfort Discussions

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
USSR Pushes America 21 min Barrack 10
Taylor Glen HOA 1 hr Appalled 8
Foxford RV (Apr '13) 1 hr Dont tread on me 126
Dunkin Donuts 1 hr Dont tread on me 19
Oath Keeper On Site Update 1 hr Pay your grazing fees 16
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Dusty Mangina 47,002
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr concerned taxpayer 6,530
•••
•••
•••
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frankfort Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Frankfort People Search