Where's the (Italian) Beef? Tell Us Who Serves Your Favorite to Win a $50 Gift Card

Mar 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

For this week's Chowdown Showdown, local editors Joe Vince , Paul Dailing and Michael Sewall tried Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Felatio Phil

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

I prefer GAUCHO beef from the Jewels frozen food case. I am sure it has some beef in it?
Wheres the Beef

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Brook Haven Market has absolutely delicious Italian Beef with aujus gravy. We have even picked up their beef roasts and slow cooked them in the Crock Pot and they have turned out delicious on fresh rolls, peppers and Giardinari relish.
Neighbor

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

AJ's pretty much beats all others in town. <Little known secret
asssssssho

Carol Stream, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

AJs sucks at everything they make.
metal god

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Turnabout in Lemont. Huge amount Great taste

“Peace and chicken grease.”

Since: Nov 10

Bigpnuss

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

I like Rear Admiral Floyd's.
Crunk juice

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Judged:

Johnnies on north ave
Joe

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Pops. I think they are the original and best beef when it comes to the south burbs. The beef is fresh and full of flavor, the bread is fresh and they never skimp on any of the toppings you want. Quality cheese, flavorful sauce, and the best original tasting gardinire. There has always been gyro, hot dog, and other fast food stands in the south burbs but for beef pops is a #1 original.
Unknown Comic

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Joe wrote:
Pops. I think they are the original and best beef when it comes to the south burbs. The beef is fresh and full of flavor, the bread is fresh and they never skimp on any of the toppings you want. Quality cheese, flavorful sauce, and the best original tasting gardinire. There has always been gyro, hot dog, and other fast food stands in the south burbs but for beef pops is a #1 original.
2nd Pops. Love everything I have ever had there and fairly priced too.
Unicorporated

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2012

Judged:

Neighbor and I like to get ours at PJ's in Mokena, then we eat it in the woods!
BEEF IT UP

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

I like Brook Haven Market or Ambrosinos Deli both on Lagrange, Mokena. Pops is ok, but typical fast food joint.
vince

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

Unicorporated wrote:
Neighbor and I like to get ours at PJ's in Mokena, then we eat it in the woods!
Little Al's in Mokena! It's not really a spiced italian beef, but is definately the best! When it is served still slightly pink, you know it's gonna be good. Also,Berkots if you want a spiced Italian beef!!!!
Dollar Bill

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Roseangelas in Ep 95th and California I challange you to find a better beef sandwhich in the midwest.

Rosies has not wavered from this original for over 40 years. Well worth the drive to E P.
John

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Hate to correct those out here, but "if you read" the header,"For this week's Chowdown Showdown, local editors Joe Vince , Paul Dailing and Michael Sewall tried Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.", you'd realize you made fool's of yourselves. Operative words: "....Italian beef sandwiches in their respective Patch towns.". <Who cares that if you drive to 95th and California there is beef there????? Get on topic! Geezzzz
Tonys beef

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

I think Tony's beef is the best around. They have 3 original @ 70yh. & Pulaski one on the west side and the other @ 131st & LaGrange in Palos Park. They have awsome food. I like pop's also but it don't meet Tony's.

“NO I'M NOT A COP!!!”

Since: Jul 11

Crestwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Joe wrote:
Agreed
Heeeres the Beef

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

Bada-Bing in NL has a good beef.
John

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2012

Buda Bing's puts a lot of beef on their sandwich, however it is tasteless beef. AJ's puts an enormous amount (too much) and it is way tasty. Better bring a fork if you buy one from AJ's, you'll need to eat on the sandwich for awhile before you can pick it up!
citizen

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Dollar Bill wrote:
Roseangelas in Ep 95th and California I challange you to find a better beef sandwhich in the midwest.
Rosies has not wavered from this original for over 40 years. Well worth the drive to E P.
We love Rosies pizza, too.
IB Boy

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Judged:

Portillos and Buona Beef are two of the better ones!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frankfort Discussions

Search the Frankfort Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Hog Wild Restaurant 3 hr 1st post 22
Midlo Forum Battle: Know It All vs. Who Cares 4 hr Midlothian Composer 26
School'n Hold On For Fun 5 hr Former Resident 12
2014 Triple Play....Who's it going to be this y... (Jan '14) 5 hr Former Resident 94
Kevin Sing 6 hr What 12
Very Interesting ! 8 hr Really 13
•••

Flood Warning for Will County was issued at July 12 at 9:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Frankfort Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Frankfort Jobs