Do Frankenmuth's crosses give offense?

There are 5 comments on the Detroit News story from Jun 30, 2008, titled Do Frankenmuth's crosses give offense?. In it, Detroit News reports that:

Why would a person move to a religious community like Frankenmuth with his beliefs? We all tolerate things we don't believe in .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

Olivia

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#1 Jul 1, 2008
I am attracted to Frankenmuth because of its crosses and the community represented. I travel there as often as I can, usually once a month and leave a lot of tourist dollars during our stay. Please don't change. You are unique. We don't want or need more of the same that is readily available elsewhere.
Bill

United States

#2 Jul 1, 2008
The guy moves there and then tries to change it, what a jerk.
laurie

Saint Clair, MI

#3 Jul 5, 2008
people in Frankenmuth please don't let the devil tell you that your crosses should be removed. this is what he wants. please stand up to this one individual like always and show him that you have hundreds of other individuals that can fight him on this.
Nichole

Garden City, MI

#4 Jul 11, 2008
Why can we go to Dearborn and have to be ok with their beliefs and not be ok with what our country was founded on being shared in Frankenmuth? Something sounds seriously wrong here.
marianne

AOL

#5 Jul 14, 2008
A cross is a symble of sacrifice and that is what Mr Bronner has done all these years. It's a beautiful thing. This country is supposed to be the land of the free. Jesus Christ died on the CROSS so that we could be free of our sins. Why not keep it as a symble of our freedom. God Bless.

Acts 2.38

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frankenmuth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a 2012 and up Honda Accord Apr 11 Phillup 1
News Threat to 'blow up' Vassar High School leads to... Feb '15 P L Smith 1
News Jesus Steals Christmas Back From Satan Jan '15 Sandmans worst en... 175
looking for old news columns about northern sta... Jan '15 amanda 1
News Anti-immigration protesters in Michigan decry p... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dee Dee Dee 3
News Child refugee controversy in Vassar: What we kn... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Former New Englander 4
Review: Wholesale Auto Purchasing (Feb '14) Feb '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Frankenmuth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]