Fatal Accident Involving Police Close...

Fatal Accident Involving Police Closes Franconia Rd

There are 3 comments on the WUSA-TV Washington story from Aug 13, 2012, titled Fatal Accident Involving Police Closes Franconia Rd. In it, WUSA-TV Washington reports that:

A fatal accident involving a Fairfax County Police vehicle has Franconia Road closed between S. Van Dorn Street and Rose Hill Drive on Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA-TV Washington.

Rex

Springfield, VA

#1 Aug 13, 2012
The driver was not swerving. He was making a left turn onto Old Rolling Rd. to get to his house. He lived on Brookview Drive behind the McDonalds. If the police car was responding to an emergency (or "non-"emergency depending on who is reporting it), but also was not using lights and sirens as also reported, the police car was probably still speeding to get to the scene. The driver of the car was turning left in front of the police car to turn onto Old Rolling Rd., but may have misjudged the high speed of the responding police car. When he finally realized how fast the cop car was coming, that he didn't have time to make the left in front of him, and that they would collide, he may have tried to negotiate back to the right to avoid the collision, and that would explain how he ended up facing the police cruiser head-on at impact. The police reported that the driver "swerved wildly" into the police car's lane, which would, were it the fact, make the accident seem like the fault of the other driver and not the cop, but the other driver may have only been turning left, and the cop probably was speeding without using lights and sirens. That would make it the cop's fault.
Heather

Wayne, NJ

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Rex--How do you justify your logic? Were you at the scene that morning? I think unless you were there, it is too early to determine fault.

Since: Sep 12

Atlanta, GA

#3 Sep 10, 2012
#1 rule of driving

Pay attention

This driver was either on the phone or texting.

How do I know?

Because everyone is!

One less inattentive driver to kill ME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jake t. austin is my cousin and single (Jul '07) 22 hr Gio101 3,385
Review: Manchester Lakes SR Apartments Jun 30 JenHolder1960 1
found dog (Jun '14) Jun 30 Whatever 7
brother sister sex (Dec '11) Jun 30 Poperatzi 10
Mystery Dining opportunities in Alexandria! Jun 30 TheMysteryDiningC... 1
TW ?s Jun 26 dip 3
News 4 Teens Accused Of Beating, Robbing Man In Mall... (Jul '08) Jun 20 Her 67
More from around the web

Franconia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE