|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

AST wrote:
You mean the seedy people hanging around the back room when you're shopping? It allows people to think what they want....Maybe it's correct? Either way, it doesnt look good. The main issue is that people are going to make their own impression based on that, if its correct or not, so its better to avoid it in the first place. But she doesn't, thats why people don't want to shop there.
I have seen seedy people throughout the store (back, front, middle, and elsewhere) when I have shopped there. The owner sets the tone for the entire atmosphere with her own loud, trashy appearance. I have always felt somewhat tense and uncomfortable being in the store because of the owner--she puts out some strange vibes.
Barbara

South Portland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

I am so happy everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The Healthy Rhino prices are higher than other larger stores or a coop for the simple reason i am independently owned and don't have large volume buying power, but you can be assured that if i buy it on sale, you get the sale price, therefore all the "red price tags". As to judging someone with tatoos and piercings as to what or who they are, i am glad that was not how i was raised. I am a giving caring hard-working woman, who has the knowledge and ability to have stayed in business for 18 years with a huge customer base. The Healthy Rhino is very spaciouse, wheel-chair accessible, and family and kid friendly, and we who work here are very proud of that. Thank God i am confident in who and what i am to not let these horrendous comments affect me. My customers who shop here on a daily basis are the type of customers we want to attract. As to the "shady people" the world is full of them,and i am so happy to report , i am not one of them, i have nothing to lie about. Want great service, one on one knowledgable answers about top-quality products, try us out, i may have a loud voice and tatoos, but i love my job and will give you my all!
Bozzy

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Unfortunately I can't afford the high prices. I try to shop there off and on but I keep getting discouraged by the prices. It makes sense that you have to charge more because you're a small shop. I get that. But honestly, I can't really afford it. I wish I could because it would be easier for me and I like to support local business. When one item is $5+ cheaper online than what you charge for it though and I have 7-10 items I have to get, I just can't do it. I HAVE to go online. Even with shipping being $4.99 on my last order, I still saved right around $26. Some of the problem you're facing too is you're a small shop, but the place you're in is probably $1200+ per month in rent before any other expense. It would be awesome if you could find cheaper arrangements so you could carry more products at better prices. I would support that in a heartbeat because I would be able to afford to! And it would be more convenient for me. I would love it.
Trigger

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2011

Bozzy:

I know what you mean. The rent there IS astronomical and so are the prices. I wish I could afford it though.
Billy

Fitzwilliam, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

Barbara wrote:
I am so happy everyone is entitled to their own opinions. The Healthy Rhino prices are higher than other larger stores or a coop for the simple reason i am independently owned and don't have large volume buying power, but you can be assured that if i buy it on sale, you get the sale price, therefore all the "red price tags". As to judging someone with tatoos and piercings as to what or who they are, i am glad that was not how i was raised. I am a giving caring hard-working woman, who has the knowledge and ability to have stayed in business for 18 years with a huge customer base. The Healthy Rhino is very spaciouse, wheel-chair accessible, and family and kid friendly, and we who work here are very proud of that. Thank God i am confident in who and what i am to not let these horrendous comments affect me. My customers who shop here on a daily basis are the type of customers we want to attract. As to the "shady people" the world is full of them,and i am so happy to report , i am not one of them, i have nothing to lie about. Want great service, one on one knowledgable answers about top-quality products, try us out, i may have a loud voice and tatoos, but i love my job and will give you my all!
Hi Barbara No offense, but how can you dismiss what more than 20 people are saying? I have nothing against you personally, and no one here is trying to boycott your store. The main point is that you run your business in a way that alienates customers. I hope that you can put your ego aside at some point and see this thread for what it is: constructive criticism. This is my last comment in any case. I wish you and everyone at your store happy holidays.

Since: Dec 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

gentian violet: $8.99 at the rhino....same exact bottle at Rite Aid pharmacy, one mile down the street: $1.79.
Cheryl

Fitzwilliam, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

I don't think anyone here has said it better than Billy. The atmosphere and the prices at The Healthy Rhino are anything but endearing, at least that was the case when I last gave them any business a few years ago!
Jason

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Monique wrote:
I am walking into a HEALTH store. I don't want to see someone with a bunch of tattoos and piercings, loud mouth and inconsiderate attitude.
I could MAYBE understand of you had said something about her weight or apparent health, but stereotyping people for having piercings and tattoos just discredits anything you may have mentioned and makes you sound like a
...just sayin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franconia Discussions

Search the Franconia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Maura Murray 19 hr mcsmom 57
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Jul 2 Nancy France 134
Getting through Jun 28 biRd 2
Sovereign Journey Jun '14 Lyndonville VT 43
I wish I werz uh babee bumble bee May '14 buZz 6
Its a beautyful Day in The Topixhood May '14 Will You 3
uneori cred c acest caz nu poate fi rezolvat May '14 tuNed 6
•••
•••