First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sophie bean

Northeast Harbor, ME

#1 Dec 1, 2009
Thanksgiving 2009 marks the eighth year that Louise Chaput's murder in Pinkham Notch continues to be unsolved. For perhaps two weeks after her body was found, hikers were told to be cautious, but that the murderer had doubtless left the area. After two weeks, the case appears to have simply vanished - yet eight years later, it is still unsolved.

There are "some" other cases within a 50-mile radius or so that are routinely dismissed as "accidental deaths" or "missing persons" cases - yet the fact remains that Ms. Chaput's murder, and quite a few others, are still unsolved and sometimes appear to be forgotten.

The victims in these cases are not forgotten, and many people do care about finding those responsible and bringing them to justice. My thoughts and prayers are with Ms. Cahput's family and friends, and with the family and friends of all those who have lost their loved ones.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 1, 2009
I agree that Louise, a Canadian national, should have more of the RCMP resources brought to bear on this case. Last I heard, they seemed to think that someone (disgruntled client) might have followed her to that location. Maybe, maybe not.

It's still under investigation I suppose.

I'm trying to remember all the similar cases to hers. I don't remember her case ever being thought of as accidental. So how are the other cases similar to hers? Or are you mixing apples and red herrings again?
sophie bean

Northeast Harbor, ME

#3 Dec 1, 2009
Ah, the infamous" red herrings."

I am quite simply saying that there are a large number of unsolved murders within a 50-mile radius of, say, Franconia. No herrings there.

Be that as it may, I would call Pauline Clark's "accidental drowning" highly suspicious, for example.

The "explanation" that she was followed across an international border and murdered in Pinkham Notch seems, um, unlikely at best. Not impossible. It does, however, do a tidy job of excluding the possibility of someone who has killed more than once.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 1, 2009
Wait a minute. You need to help me here. Are we talking about murders or are we talking about disappearances or are we talking about accidents or are we talking about solved cases? I get confused when we lump them all together as some want to do. You say that it was suspicious Pauline Clarks drowning. It apparently was a drowning, why suspicious, other than to you? Case closed. Did Louise Chaput die from drowning under supposed mysterious circumstance or was it simply a murder that is being investigated? Then we look at dates, and some people like to include a death from the 60’s and I guess expect that the same person is responsible for the disappearance last year. One might be a 45 year old man who disappeared in the 1960’s and the other a 20 year old girl who disappeared 100 miles away and yet a third whose case was solved as a drowning death. It’s called a red herring because it really doesn’t look like it should be in the same pool, kinda sticks out. But, some people MUST have them all lumped together, even the solved ones, because if they don’t, the whole weak premise falls apart. So irrational thought is again King.

Bill
Shack

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Dec 1, 2009
N.H.'s cold case unit will soon be in operation

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CONCORD — Senior Asst. Attorney General Will Delker said Monday that he expects the state's newly formed cold case unit to become operational by the beginning of next week.

Delker said the unit was formed to investigate New Hampshire's nearly 100 unsolved murders. For the first three years the unit will be paid for through federal grants.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 1, 2009
I expect results within the week.

100 unsolved cases dating back almost 40 years. For those math challenged amongst us that's 2.5 unsolved cases a year.

I can't wait to see how many are related to each other?

Good work everyone. Your hard work and persistence has paid off. Or maybe it’s just that there was lots of free federal money. For a good cause though if they solve some of those cases.

Kudos all around.
Beagle

Amherst, MA

#7 Dec 1, 2009
Is New Hampshire State Police still investigating the murder of Louise Chaput of Sherbrooke, Quebec? If so, they should consider the distinct possibility that Louise Chaput, killed about 8 years ago near Pinkham Notch, may have been murdered by the same person(s) who killed Molly Bish of Warren, Massachusetts.

There are a number of indications that support this possibility. The same person was in both general locations - North Conway NH and Warren MA - at or near the time of the murders. He resembles the sketch of the suspect in the Bish case. He had unique access to the area where Bish's body was found. And there are other indications that cannot be mentioned on a public venue like this.

Predictably, LE and the general public, after a scant glance, will smugly conclude that there is no chance the two cases are connected. They blind themselves by claiming the victims had nothing in common. That kind of thinking may have been adequate for most cases in the 20th century, but it is pathetically closed minded for the 21st century.

It is, of course, entirely POSSIBLE, maybe even probable, that the two cases are unrelated, but if there is even a five percent chance that they are connected, then LE ought to give this possibility some realistic consideration - 21st century style.
Beagle

Amherst, MA

#8 Dec 1, 2009
WTF-the-original wrote:
I expect results within the week.
100 unsolved cases dating back almost 40 years. For those math challenged amongst us that's 2.5 unsolved cases a year.
I can't wait to see how many are related to each other?
Good work everyone. Your hard work and persistence has paid off. Or maybe it’s just that there was lots of free federal money. For a good cause though if they solve some of those cases.
Kudos all around.
You're not saying the Cold Case Unit has anything in common with a pork barrel, are you?
Beagle

Amherst, MA

#9 Dec 1, 2009
RCMP and NHSP will undoubtedly agree, even if they pursue her case further, or already have agreed that Louise Chaput's case load was entirely normal. (The biker story is way off.) Even if they review every one of her clients, such a search will probably be insufficient. They will lack context, which in this case, may be everything.
sophie bean

Jonquière, Canada

#10 Dec 2, 2009
I agree completely, Beagle.
sophie bean

Jonquière, Canada

#11 Dec 3, 2009
WTF-the-original wrote:
Wait a minute. You need to help me here. Are we talking about murders or are we talking about disappearances or are we talking about accidents or are we talking about solved cases? I get confused when we lump them all together as some want to do. You say that it was suspicious Pauline Clarks drowning. It apparently was a drowning, why suspicious, other than to you? Case closed. Did Louise Chaput die from drowning under supposed mysterious circumstance or was it simply a murder that is being investigated? Then we look at dates, and some people like to include a death from the 60’s and I guess expect that the same person is responsible for the disappearance last year. One might be a 45 year old man who disappeared in the 1960’s and the other a 20 year old girl who disappeared 100 miles away and yet a third whose case was solved as a drowning death. It’s called a red herring because it really doesn’t look like it should be in the same pool, kinda sticks out. But, some people MUST have them all lumped together, even the solved ones, because if they don’t, the whole weak premise falls apart. So irrational thought is again King.
Bill
I certainly do not "need to help you."
It is possible that some of the many unsolved murders were committed by the same person. It seems very likely that the same person committed a number of the Ct Valley murders, which have significantly similar MOs. Both NH and VT LE understand this. Lynn Carty has done her best to convince everyone that Nicholaou was responsible for all of them and more. I tend to doubt it.
I am indeed saying that some missing persons cases and "accidental deaths" may in fact be murders. I do not believe that all of these cases are related. I believe that it's likely that a number of them are. I still don't understand what's so incomprehesible about that.

Again, once more, I say...if there are violent offenders, murderers, on the loose, they need to be locked up where they can't hurt anyone else. How controversial.
sophie bean

Mechanic Falls, ME

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Apparently NH police have a suspect in the case based on DNA evidence at the crime scene. They haven't said much beyond that the suspect is male and lived in NH at the time.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 29, 2010
Excellent. I'd like to see a resolution in this case and find out why this woman was killed and why.

Not that the answer will be justified, but at least the family will have some answers and someone will finally be brought to justice.

So they think it was someone who lived in NH at the time?

Where did you get the information. Do you have a link you can post?

In memory of SBD

Bill
Wowzer

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2010
sophie bean wrote:
Apparently NH police have a suspect in the case based on DNA evidence at the crime scene. They haven't said much beyond that the suspect is male and lived in NH at the time.
It would be great to put the suspect behind bars where he belongs if he is guilty.
Sophie I can't find anything about this in any of the papers I've read. Can you or anyone that saw this please provide a link?
Anne

Groton, VT

#15 Apr 29, 2010
That is encouraging news Sophie Bean. It doesn't say this is a result of the new CC unit but I bet it is. Bill and Wowzer it is on a web site for Theresa Allore, also missing in Canada.
Wowzer

United States

#16 Apr 29, 2010
Anne wrote:
That is encouraging news Sophie Bean. It doesn't say this is a result of the new CC unit but I bet it is. Bill and Wowzer it is on a web site for Theresa Allore, also missing in Canada.
Anne can you please put a link to the site. Thanks
Anne

Groton, VT

#17 Apr 29, 2010
theresaallore.com/2010/03/a-suspect-in-the-lo...

Wowzer, this is all I could find on it. I hope this link works.
Anne

Groton, VT

#18 Apr 29, 2010
uise-chaput-cold-case/

sorry, I dont know why it didnt print all, maybe too long.
Beagle

Amherst, MA

#19 Apr 29, 2010
Chaput case was active 2006 and probably still is, so it's not like NHSP were ignoring it. I think it was assigned to Sgt. Chuck West at the time.
Wowzer

United States

#20 Apr 29, 2010
Anne wrote:
theresaallore.com/2010/03/a-su spect-in-the-louise-chaput-col d-case/
Wowzer, this is all I could find on it. I hope this link works.
Thanks Anne.
It's no wonder I couldn't find it. I don't frequent the sites of the murdered and missing so you saved me the time of looking for something I never would have found.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maura Murray Sep 15 WTH-the-original 65
Maura Murray 10 (Jul '09) Sep 13 Not Without Peril 36
Demolition Underway for Historic Bethlehem Buil... Aug '14 Stephanie 1
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Jul '14 Nancy France 134
Getting through Jun '14 biRd 2
I wish I werz uh babee bumble bee May '14 buZz 6
Its a beautyful Day in The Topixhood May '14 Will You 3
•••

Freeze Warning for Grafton County was issued at September 18 at 8:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Franconia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Franconia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Franconia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Franconia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••