Maura Murray is Missing 5 years

Posted in the Franconia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wtf newszap

United States

#2760 Mar 12, 2010
I really don't give a toot where she went why do you?
Sarah

United States

#2761 Mar 12, 2010
white wash wrote:
She didn't want to be found!
She lied to her Supervisor her roomate was in the room!
She lied to her teachers a death in the family!
She lied to SBD I called AAA please do not call LE!
If her wallet was in the car with her phone and the booze!
I would be all over this points to her being taken!
Hi you are kidnapping me ok hang on I have to grab my knapsack,phone,and booze then you can take me!
<quoted text>
Good points, WW.
Sarah

United States

#2762 Mar 12, 2010
quija wrote:

Did anyone see Butch Atwood's short segment on "Disappeared"? He seemed so reasonable, straight-forward, believable and well-spoken that I can't believe we all (me included) let our imaginations make him into anything but a Samaritan on the road!
Sacraficial Lamb.
Anne

West Danville, VT

#2763 Mar 12, 2010
quija wrote:
From an earlier post of White Wash's, it's interesting to note that neighbor John Marrotte walked around his yard, that people searched a bit up Old Peter's Road and in the Weathered Barn for Maura, drove around the back roads, and... generally, did as much as one would expect considering that the accident scene sure looked like someone walking away from a DUI, hiding from the police.
White Wash's post also seemed to show that someone may have actually seen what happened a the corner of Bradley Hill Road and Rt 112 where Maura's scent trail apparently ended.
The activity around the car seemed to show the driver getting stuff from the trunk and also inside the car which might hopefully indicate that that driver wasn't badly hurt or brain injured.
Nothing has been found (that we've been informed of) that indicates any evidence was ever found at the CW's trailer or property. Can we stop thinking now that he might be a perp? Seems like an angry divorce left him vulnerable to false accusations.
Did anyone see Butch Atwood's short segment on "Disappeared"? He seemed so reasonable, straight-forward, believable and well-spoken that I can't believe we all (me included) let our imaginations make him into anything but a Samaritan on the road!
There was no need for me to repeat/rewrite what Whitewash said, except what Whitewash said made me think it possible that whatever happened to Maura might not have been at the accident scene, or --- if it did happen there, with a "ride" --- the witness gave that info to LE 6 years ago.
quija, I agree that everything possible was done in searching for Maura that first night. It appeared a young female had slid off the road, had been drinking and left the scene. The reporting witnesses FW, TW, SBD, Marrotes and CW were making statements which have been printed, problably by LE and certainly in the media. This definetly does not designate them as perps. 6 people making statements from the same night, and 6 different scenarios. This is all we have to go on from that night. If we can garner any hint from their words that help to find what happened to Maura, I believe I will continue to look closely at anything printed. You mentioned CW messy divorce, I learned that here from white wash, I do not think he is a perp, it is simply an added piece to consider. You mentioned that white wash indicated someone else may have seen what went on on that corner, just another piece of the puzzle. I just wanted to let you see how I think of all that went on that night.
JMLH

AOL

#2764 Mar 12, 2010
Deleted again?!?
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#2766 Mar 12, 2010
Try this. 5th one down, you'll see the above link and this will get you there. Good thing I tested it before signing off.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

#2767 Mar 12, 2010
http://www.google.com/search...

OOOOOOPS....the link at last :)
JMLH

AOL

#2769 Mar 14, 2010
wtf newszap wrote:
I really don't give a toot where she went why do you?
Because not everyone is heartless.
wtf newszap

United States

#2770 Mar 14, 2010
JMLH wrote:
<quoted text>
Because not everyone is heartless.
So your point is what? Maybe I should cry in my beer?
quija

Boston, MA

#2771 Mar 14, 2010
so they deleted this old thread too? we've lost a lot of history with all the thread deletions over the last year or two... it's sort of depressing, like "the powers that be" declared it all unimportant....
Kathleen

Akron, OH

#2773 Apr 3, 2010
I just watched Maura's story of ID. My heart goes out to her friends and family. I pray that someday her whereabouts will be reveled.

Since: Apr 10

Pittsfield, MA

#2774 Apr 3, 2010
I pray for Maura and her family we understand what they have been going through. Our friend and family member Kellisue Ackernecht has been missing from upstate NY since September 30, 2008. I just saw Maura's story on ID discovery. My heart breaks for her family, they have been looking for Maura much longer than we have been looking for Kellisue. Sad
MollyAlice

Syracuse, NY

#2775 Apr 4, 2010
I watched "Disappeared" last night and keep thinking about Maura and her family and friends. Perhaps this is awful to say, but did the police get a search warrant for the local properties? Butch Atwood, for example? I read he is now living in Florida. Was he previously a police man as one of the reports indicated he had stated? I also just read that in February 2010 a hunter found clothes and duct tape with hair attached about 7.8 miles from where Maura's accident was...is that true? When did Butch Atwood move to Florida?
New England Yankee

Boston, MA

#2776 Apr 4, 2010
I too just watched the episode on Disappeared. I have followed this on and off and it is soooo sad.
My personal opinion is that someone snatched her up. As Maura's father said he thinks some local dirt bag and I think I have to agree. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
And that is weird that Butch up and moved to Florida???? And I never heard about the clothes and duct tape but will say now that this case has been in the national spotlight I do not think that NH LE will not check it all out.
mary

Mullingar, Ireland

#2777 Apr 8, 2010
very sad just watched it on disappeared, my heart goes out to her father and family.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2778 Apr 10, 2010
sheezaMama wrote:
For five years people have been discussing and reading about Maura's disappearance at Crime and Justice website. In case you're interested.
http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums/index.ph...
Unfortunately that website was closed by the owner and all data is lost. Sorry.
Bamagirl

Birmingham, AL

#2779 Apr 11, 2010
The Maura mystery has touched my heart and I feel so bad for her family and friends. She had so much going for her. What happened to her boyfriend or boyfriend's parents?
mago

Zacatecas, Mexico

#2780 May 17, 2010
ijust watched the episode on discovery. And i`m so sorry for the father.I din`t know where my dougther where all long friday night and saturday morning, and i was desperate and driven crazy, the pain is very very deep.
Jessica

Euless, TX

#2781 Jul 5, 2010
Did Butch Atwood die? How did he die?
Saide

Cedar Hill, TX

#2782 Aug 8, 2010
Some of these people are crazy! Runners are not suicidal. Runners are not clinically depressed. Everyone lies. Just because she lied to people at her school does not mean she ran away. Furthermore, Do they still have the voicemail left on the boyfriends phone? They have new technology to access background noises like an echo(from a cellar) or the wind(from being lost outside)What about the witness who allegedly saw her w her hands crossed. They need to get more info from her. If u feel u r in immeediate danger u will fight for ur life! If u think there is a possibility that u might be able to get away, i can see a young woman cooperating. I am not familiar with that part of the US but isnt the property lines kinda blurry. There is likely to be shed and buildings hidden thru out most properties. It is very much possible that she could be held against her will. It happens often. I think the police did not do everything they should have. What about a PI? I think the Dad should find all remote cabins hidden and search the properties, since he is not law enforcement, it is at his own descredtion to trespass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maura Murray 10 (Jul '09) May 25 beagle 338
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) May 25 Rachel 150
News Maura has been is missing since Feb. 9, 2004 (Jan '08) May 25 Rachel 169
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) May 11 gruntled 1,389
Woodsville nh Apr '18 Had 1
News Littleton man pleads guilty and is sentenced fo... Mar '18 serenity sorrow 2
Was there a carbon monoxide leak yesterday? Mar '18 Baseline66 1

Franconia Jobs

Personal Finance

Franconia Mortgages