Tom Conrad murder in Pike NH, unsolve...

Tom Conrad murder in Pike NH, unsolved 4 years later...

Posted in the Franconia Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Tys C

Laconia, NH

#1 Sep 28, 2009
Hey all

Tom Conrad was my uncle, and he was murdered 4 years ago today. The case is still unsolved, no one has the heart to come forward. Northern NH was where my family has grown up, and community used to be a huge part of what made the area so special. I feel like that community has let my family down, someone knows something, and no one will talk. No one ever has the right to take another persons life, but someone made to choice to take my Uncle Tom's life, and that person has had no consequences.
Shack

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 28, 2009
Just got back from up there...passed by the sign
placed by your family. I thought that by now
somebody with a conscience would have tipped SP.
I don't understand why, as you wrote, why it
hasn't been solved, especially when most folks
know each other, in that small community.
Wondered whether you and yours had your annual
fireworks for him. Again and still, I feel mad
and sad.......
Phil C

Grand Isle, VT

#3 Oct 7, 2009
yes we did
allison C

Enfield, NH

#4 Jan 30, 2010
Dear Murdered who killed my Uncle Tom,
Do you understand what you have done? Killing Tom has affected the living more than the dead. My grandmother still cries and thinks of Tom everyday. Why did you murder an unarmed man in my grandmother's driveway, knowing she would be the first to see. What gives you the right to be judge, jury, and executioner. My children still have fears that they maybe next. The damage you have done to my family will never heal. If you confessed then maybe we could finally have closure. I know there are people out there who know what you did, but they choose to be silent. I wonder how they would feel if this was their Uncle, father, son. I wonder how you would feel if the places were traded. What if it was your child who was murdered right outside your window and you didn't know why, or who? Would you want justice for your child, or does life mean so little to you. Come forward and let justice be served, may God show you more mercy then you did for my Uncle.
Shack

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 30, 2010
Allison C. I was glad to see your Post. I am a flat lander who has relatives up in your town. I have been very concerned about your families loss sice that Fall of 2005. I was up there when it happened and the words I heard were
"They know who did it, but they can't prove it". I really do understand why the local citizens have a problem with people like me "outside"their area. My relatives don't think that "others" should know their problems. I have a 50 year old son and cannot imagine the horror of hearing gunshot in my driveway and then to find him
bleeding on the ground.
Many of the readers on Topix abhor my thoughts and feelings (Maura Murray)about the
local LE's lack of commission of solving crimes. One cannot change their feelings.
I find it hard to believe that the "LAW" would/could hinder proper investigation because
of conceived criticism. That's kind of like a doctor saying I won't try to cure you because
you hurt my feelings. You and yours deserve truth and finality.
I will continue to be concerned about Tom and Maura. I will continue to be a PIA
as to Fliers ie: in the Warren Store about the Conrad and Murray families.
Please accept my very sincere sorrow for you and yours,(from a part time NH lady)
I am glad that Tom was included in the list of the "NH Cold Case Unit"

Be a PIA in your Town Politics ...you are a voice "Government"
The noisy wheel gets the grease......Justice and Peace is the bottom line.
Wowzer

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2010
Shack wrote:
Allison C. I was glad to see your Post. I am a flat lander who has relatives up in your town. I have been very concerned about your families loss sice that Fall of 2005. I was up there when it happened and the words I heard were
"They know who did it, but they can't prove it". I really do understand why the local citizens have a problem with people like me "outside"their area. My relatives don't think that "others" should know their problems. I have a 50 year old son and cannot imagine the horror of hearing gunshot in my driveway and then to find him
bleeding on the ground.
Many of the readers on Topix abhor my thoughts and feelings (Maura Murray)about the
local LE's lack of commission of solving crimes. One cannot change their feelings.
I find it hard to believe that the "LAW" would/could hinder proper investigation because
of conceived criticism. That's kind of like a doctor saying I won't try to cure you because
you hurt my feelings. You and yours deserve truth and finality.
I will continue to be concerned about Tom and Maura. I will continue to be a PIA
as to Fliers ie: in the Warren Store about the Conrad and Murray families.
Please accept my very sincere sorrow for you and yours,(from a part time NH lady)
I am glad that Tom was included in the list of the "NH Cold Case Unit"
Be a PIA in your Town Politics ...you are a voice "Government"
The noisy wheel gets the grease......Justice and Peace is the bottom line.
You seem to hear a lot of things from the people up here. Do you report these things to the local LE? Did you report the person that told you "They know who did it, but they can't prove it"? This person that told you this may have inside information that other locals aren't privy to and may even know a name that would help the police.
If you are really so concerned about Maura and Tom then do something about it and instead of spreading rumors on Topix call the local police and tell them what you heard and who told you the info.
If you truly think that LE's lack of commission of solving crimes
is true then don't hold back infomation that may help them solve a case.
Spreading rumors and being a PIA here on Topix does nothing to help.If you really want to help get on the phone and talk to the police and tell them all the things you have heard concerning Maura and Tom. The tiniest bit of info may be very important. Call now!!!!
Shack

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jan 30, 2010
My apologies to the Conrad family for expressing my thoughts and concerns on a Forum. It won't happen again.

I wish only peace and finality for you.
Wowzer

United States

#8 Jan 30, 2010
Shack wrote:
My apologies to the Conrad family for expressing my thoughts and concerns on a Forum. It won't happen again.
I wish only peace and finality for you.
Sorry if your feelings were hurt shack because that wasn't my intention. Since these forums started I've watched you run thru them like your britches were on fire telling everyone that you heard things from the locals, friends, family etc etc concerning certain crimes. You also say the LE should be doing more.
My question to you is have you ever told the police what you've heard thru the years concerning these crime?
If what you've heard is important enough to you to repeat on a public forum then I would hope it would be important enough to tell the LE. Soooooo have you done your best to help the police in their investigations of these crimes by coming forward with these things you've heard about? If not then why haven't you?????
Snowy

Essex, MA

#9 Jan 30, 2010
Wowzer wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to hear a lot of things from the people up here. Do you report these things to the local LE? Did you report the person that told you "They know who did it, but they can't prove it"? This person that told you this may have inside information that other locals aren't privy to and may even know a name that would help the police.
If you are really so concerned about Maura and Tom then do something about it and instead of spreading rumors on Topix call the local police and tell them what you heard and who told you the info.
If you truly think that LE's lack of commission of solving crimes
is true then don't hold back infomation that may help them solve a case.
Spreading rumors and being a PIA here on Topix does nothing to help.If you really want to help get on the phone and talk to the police and tell them all the things you have heard concerning Maura and Tom. The tiniest bit of info may be very important. Call now!!!!
well stated, Wowzer.
Shack prefers to drop a bomb and run, all the while glancing backward with a pained and wounded expression. it's become a second-tier olympic sport.
so what else is new?
allison C

Enfield, NH

#10 Jan 30, 2010
To reply to the three previous statements, my statement was meant to the murderer, if honestly helped me greatly to "get these feelings out" this is not to cast blame on the LE's behalf, I do want people to know that there is a murderer out there living an everyday life, walking among us. I do not want my Uncle's murder to be forgotten. My family is committed to keep this out there and keep talking about it until we have justice. If people have information or heard something please call the state police's cold case unit, they are working on this case along with many others with very limited resources. The best thing that everyone could do to help is to call every politican in the state and encourage them to continue this unit and give them more resources to work with. Please remember to be respectful of each other, as everyone is intitaled to their opinion.
Phil C

Hanover, NH

#11 Feb 1, 2010
Well at least people are talking which may make some one slip up this case is and always has been handled at the state level. le did respond to call taht night but the state police were there first. That is not why they have the case. Its just the way the state deals with small towns.
viewer

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2010
When I saw this new thread i just knew that Shack would shed her crocodile tears all over the Conrad family using them for her true purpose in life which is badmouthing the good citizens of NH.

Shack you are shameless. The way you use grieving families is truly shameful.
sophie bean

Hallowell, ME

#13 Feb 3, 2010
There's nothing "shameless" about seeking justice for a murder. Unless you're saying that it wasn't murder and that the non-murder was committed by someone not from NH.

Hmmmm.

More to the point, though, is the absurdity of equating Shack's desire for criminals to be brought to justice with a slur upon the "good citizens of NH." Generally murderers are not considered "good citizens."
Snowy

Essex, MA

#14 Feb 3, 2010
i agree with "viewer". Shack is 'shameless' by her convoluted logic, and not because she is seeking justice for presumed murder(s).
Shack invariably likes to decide who is guilty, and attempts to gain support by launching a campaign against the 'perps'.

she OBVIOUSLY has an axe to grind...and directs some personal interest and hostility toward NH LE.
the Maura Murray, Patric, and Tom Conrad cases receive the same predictable response under her umbrella of suspicion. i've yet to read substantiated facts to support her assumptions.
i feel badly that someone was murdered.
i feel irritated that someone would intrude on the grief process by interjecting their own agenda.
Anne

Cabot, VT

#15 Feb 3, 2010
sophie bean wrote:
There's nothing "shameless" about seeking justice for a murder. Unless you're saying that it wasn't murder and that the non-murder was committed by someone not from NH.
Hmmmm.
More to the point, though, is the absurdity of equating Shack's desire for criminals to be brought to justice with a slur upon the "good citizens of NH." Generally murderers are not considered "good citizens."
Sophie bean, It was acold blooded murder. Shack's desire to bring any criminal involved to justice is heartfelt and commended. There are a few that feel this is a personal afront to local citizens. I do not believe this is an objective of hers. A murderer is a murderer.
Anne

Cabot, VT

#16 Feb 3, 2010
My judge feature has been blocked for months now, even though I never used it often. It only reveals those that orchestrate these forums. Posts are lost at times as stated by some. Firecat has been unable to post for months. It speaks toward those who have the necessary 'pull' to control what is posted here. I have often pondered why anyone would limit what is said. Of course this is just my opinion and investigation.
Shack

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Feb 3, 2010
When I travel that road, go by the felled trees and the Pike Library I admittedly feel sad/bad for Tom's mother...again and still.

When and if the Conrad family doubts my sincerity/concern, they will
be the ones who will tell me. Until then.......
viewer

Wayland, MA

#18 Feb 3, 2010
Shack is a bloodsucker. She siphons the blood from grieving families to fuel her hate machine ie her ongoing hatred of NH LE and certain segments of the NH population. She uses whatever case is at hand for her purpose, Murray, Conrad , even little Patric. Shack lives in a high crime area of MA and yet the victims and families of the many victims of crime in her own area do not interest her one bit. She has an ulterior motive for every word she posts. And why am I not surprised that certain people rush to her defense.
viewer

Wayland, MA

#19 Feb 3, 2010
Shack wrote:
When I travel that road, go by the felled trees and the Pike Library I admittedly feel sad/bad for Tom's mother...again and still.
When and if the Conrad family doubts my sincerity/concern, they will
be the ones who will tell me. Until then.......
A perfect example of crocodile tears and deep, profound insincerity this is the same Shack who wakes up every morning crying for Maura and goes to bed every night crying for Maura. She is an insult to the profound grief and loss that these families are experiencing. Cyber-grieving - Shack's specialty.
Anne

Cabot, VT

#20 Feb 3, 2010
I do feel saddened by the fact that the general public here cannot realize how controlled and orchestrated this forum is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franconia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brenda darling again (Jul '09) Apr 18 chocolatechipper 25
brenda darling Apr 18 biteme 2
News Dine like the Titanic's first-class passengers ... Mar 30 WelbyMD 1
Murder in Campton (Feb '06) Mar '17 camp david 102
Affordable vacation/retirement/year round Manuf... Mar '17 Kellixoxo 1
weird sounds in Woodville nh Mar '17 Det Columbo 16
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Feb '17 Det Columbo 145

Franconia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Franconia Mortgages