Man killed, woman hurt in I-81 crash -- themorningcall.com

There are 20 comments on the Sep 10, 2007, The Morning Call story titled Man killed, woman hurt in I-81 crash -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Dunmore, Lackawanna County man was killed and his passenger injured in an alcohol-related crash in Kline Township, Schuylkill County, last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Fergie

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Sep 10, 2007
OMFG that is sooooo sad!!!
Chocolate chip

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Sep 10, 2007
OMG WHAT DID THEY CRASH INTO
Chocolate chip

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Sep 10, 2007
THATS SILLY
Jesus H Christ

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Sep 10, 2007
Fergie wrote:
OMFG that is sooooo sad!!!
Do you think he was never warned about the dangers of drunk driving before? He took a gamble and lost...
Amazed

Slatington, PA

#5 Sep 10, 2007
Stupid Alcie's!!!!!!!

MAKE ALCOLOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOHOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
NJ SEWER

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2007
Amazed wrote:
Stupid Alcie's!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOLOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOHOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
Please unplug your computer and go back to school.
PrtyAnml

United States

#7 Sep 10, 2007
Amazed wrote:
Stupid Alcie's!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOLOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOHOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
Make stupidity illegal, and I.Q. testing to get a "Breeding Permit".
2nd amendment dem

Lancaster, PA

#8 Sep 10, 2007
Amazed wrote:
Stupid Alcie's!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOLOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
MAKE ALCOHOL ILLEGAL...!!!!!!!
Yes let us negate any chance we have of making a poor choice as to more pamper the idiots in our country. Legalise all drugs and protitution tax them and let social darwinism prevail. BTW we tried that about 80 years ago it didn't go over so well.
unbelievable

Sparta, NJ

#9 Sep 10, 2007
hate to say this, but a case were the driver who is drunk dies.... usually its the other way around the drunk walks without a scrap and its the innocent lives that are taken...
EmmaandGrace

Allentown, PA

#10 Sep 10, 2007
i really think they should have something you blow into before you start your car. In may be a pain in the a$$ - but can you imagine how many lives would be saved. It would take a second.
J In Northampton

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Sep 10, 2007
Thank god he killed himself and not the innocent woman he was with!!!!Or any one else who happened to be on the road driving!!!
Amy

Mount Pleasant, SC

#12 Sep 11, 2007
The tox report isn't even out yet and there was nothing said about this accsident being alchole related. You should really what for the facts before write your articals.
Amy

Mount Pleasant, SC

#13 Sep 11, 2007
I'm sorry there was a missprint. "Wait for the facts before writting your articals". There is no evidence of drunk driving yet. It may be and you may be correct, but there are no fact supporting that statment as of yet!
Jaime Flores

Stratford, CT

#14 Sep 12, 2007
EmmaandGrace wrote:
i really think they should have something you blow into before you start your car. In may be a pain in the a$$- but can you imagine how many lives would be saved. It would take a second.
Yes let us negate any chance we have of making a poor choice as to more pamper the idiots in our country. Legalise all drugs and protitution tax them and let social darwinism prevail. BTW we tried that about 80 years ago it didn't go over so well.[/QUOT
¡Bienvenidos!/Welcome!
This page features and recognizes our Hispanic Employees' achievements and contributions** who work at NASA Langley Research Center. These brief biography outlines are intended to help young students to visualize career opportunities in the science & technology fields.
Visitors may also read about the interesting work being done by our Hispanic employees throughout the agency by reading "Featured Hispanics - NASA News Releases" web page.[click here!]
**Those who gave permission to do so, hence, by no means a complete list of either persons and/or awards.
----------
||A|| Alvarez, Miguel A.
||B|| Busquets, Anthony M.
||C|| Carreño , Victor A.| Cruz, Juan R.
||F|| Fernandez, Hamilton
||G|| Garcia Romero, Marisol E.| Gilman, Ivelisse R.| Gonzalez, Guillermo A.
||H|| Hernandez, Gloria | Horta, Lucas G.
||L|||Liceaga, Carlos A.
||M|| Martinez, Debbie
||O|| Oseguera, Rosa M.
||P||| Perez Ramos, Carlos S.
||R|| Reaves, Mercedes C.| Rivera, Jose A.|
||S|| Silva, Walter A.
I Know

Selinsgrove, PA

#15 Sep 13, 2007
Who are you trying to kid they were both fing wasted I bet, this guy was like a major drug addict woman with him is hardly innocent. Also society is better without him.. But yes it would be sad if there where some innocents involved fortunatly not the case here.. They both had it comming, trust me.. I Know
I Know

Selinsgrove, PA

#16 Sep 13, 2007
oh and read whole story before you say wait for tox test.. idiot.
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/police/all-1f...

I agree with the post that you should have to take an IQ test to breed. If that was a law maybe this accident could have been avoided 30 years ago..
Jaime Flores

Stratford, CT

#17 Sep 13, 2007
Hispanic Festival Highlights
In 2006, the Hispanic Festival hosted approximately 60,000 visitors who celebrated the cultural heritage of the Hispanic community through entertainment, food, art and products from Latin, Central and South America.

As the Hispanic population of Western Michigan grows, it is vital that the larger community enjoy fellowship together in a time of cultural enrichment and awareness in order to bridge the gap between segments of the population. The Festival is so popular because it affords sponsors and business leaders the opportunity to reach the important Hispanic market with direct contact to consumers, while at the same time it provides a context for the broader community to experience Hispanic culture and life.

The Festival attracts attendees from across the state, local Hispanic business owners, artists and performers from 20 different Latin American countries. The Festival also appeals to the larger community by displaying the many positive contributions the Hispanic population makes to benefit Western Michigan. Please consider the following facts:

" The purchasing power of Hispanics is currently at $700 billion, making that market a critical area for businesses and corporations to expand services and marketing. " Immigrants add approximately $10 billion each year to the U.S. economy. " In Michigan, Hispanics own over 1 million businesses, mostly owned by Latinas or female Hispanics and employ over 1.4 million people. Agricultural businesses have the highest Latino representation, followed by construction, manufacturing and technology. " The Hispanic community fosters the growth and prosperity of the city of Grand Rapids by purchasing and owning homes, revitalizing neighborhoods and investing in local businesses.

As these facts demonstrate, the growing Hispanic community is one that is in need of services and goods from local businesses. Also, the Hispanic population enhances the broader community through the goods and services it supplies. The Hispanic Festival is the major fundraiser for the Hispanic Center of Western Michigan which provides services to people and businesses in the community which benefit not only the Hispanic population of the West Michigan, but the greater good as well.
PrtyAnml

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2007
Jaime Flores wrote:
Hispanic Festival Highlights
In 2006, the Hispanic Festival ...
What's with the "Advertisements"?
Ask A Doctor

United States

#19 Sep 29, 2007
Alcolol is not something that you drink! It is something that you use in your sinus cavity to clear the congestion. If some dumb ass drank it then I would imagine that we should take scope of the market as well as vanilla extract, hand gel sanitizer, and No fruit or potatoes or sugar should be sold as that is how you make "Mash" when desperate. And don't get me started on the actual ALCOHOL.
jaime flores

Stratford, CT

#20 Sep 29, 2007
PrtyAnml wrote:
<quoted text>
What's with the "Advertisements"?
Hispanic appeal fuels mall revival
BY JOHN-LAURENT TRONCHE
October 01, 2007
It may look like a regular mall from the outside, but La Gran Plaza de Fort Worth just might be the Hispanic community’s answer to Little Italy or Chinatown.
Inside the seemingly ordinary, suburban building are more than 160
businesses – most Hispanic-owned – offering a range of products and services, from quinceañera dresses to real estate to tacos and music.
The mall itself is nothing less than a lesson in success, said marketing director Jose Arellano.
“La Gran Plaza has become an economic engine for South Fort Worth,” he said.“It has become a community and cultural place because of what we offer on a weekly basis.”
Grupo Zocalo, a subsidiary of Dallas-based Boxer Property Management Corp., purchased the troubled Fort Worth Town Center in 2003 when that mall’s future looked grim: Occupancy had dipped to just 20 percent and all the anchor stores had departed.
“When the anchor stores leave a mall, you have to demolish the property,” Arellano said.“No mall has survived when Sears or JCPenney leaves the
building.”
But in just three whirlwind years, Grupo Zocalo has turned the once nearly-defunct mall around, reaching an 85 percent lease level and rejuvenating interest in the surrounding area. Burlington Coat Factory is set to open its store in the first quarter of 2008 and Arellano said the mall is in negotiations with another national retailer about joining the Gran Plaza, but declined to disclose its name.
Where Dillard’s once stood, La Gran Plaza created the Mercado, a market-style area where entrepreneurs can start their own businesses in areas renting for as little as $350 per month.
The mall’s owner-friendly template has provided many Fort Worth residents, such as Ramiro Ramirez, an opportunity to succeed.
Ramirez emigrated from Mexico City in 1995, attended college at Southern Methodist University and, in April 2006, opened his first business, Salsa Limon, which stemmed from his love for real, Mexican tacos.
La Gran Plaza was the perfect location for Ramirez to begin, he said, because it is a “strong player for the community.”
“We were in the black a month and a half after we opened,” he said.“ I think it has a lot to do with traffic and the concept – it met at a good place, I guess.”
Business has been so good, in fact, that Ramirez said he’s already looking for location No. 2 near Berry and Hemphill streets.
People like Ramirez help shine a positive light on a community frequently plagued by a controversial debate, Arellano said.
“When we talk about Hispanics, normally the words that come attached to it are ‘illegal immigration,’” he said,“and sometimes we forget about the contributions of the Hispanic community.”
Hispanics in the Dallas/Fort Worth area account for about $20 billion in yearly buying power, according to a July study by Dallas-based research firm Rincon & Associates. That number will continue to grow at a tremendous rate as the Hispanic population increases, said Edward Rincon, the firm’s president.
Rincon estimates there are about 55,000 Hispanic-owned businesses in the Metroplex, many started by entrepreneurs such as Ramirez.
“That’s healthy to any economy of any metropolitan area because they’re the ones who oftentimes take the risks, introduce new products and new services and really are the innovators,” he said.
All of this progress should alter the U.S. business world’s perception of the Hispanic community, Arellano said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
race Apr 19 tdill101 1
News Shenandoah man charged in child rape Mar '15 concerned citizen 2
uma Mar '15 oldpisser 4
News Fourteen arrested in Slatington area drug sweep (Apr '09) Feb '15 Riskie westside R... 15
News Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Feb '15 sgeandhu 9,968
Crotch Rot Jan '15 Hazleton is the pits 1
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) Dec '14 BigBoy 425
More from around the web

Frackville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]