We're off to see ... the wonderful scam A place to be heard TOW...

A n amazed Dorothy looked at the big, gleaming, gold, onion-shaped cupolas atop the Holy Ascension Orthodox Church. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LOL

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 3, 2009
"any commentary that is anonymous and unaccountable is worth about as much as graffiti, and the contempt I have for it exceeds even the contempt I have for Kansas."
Apparently Paul thinks he is better then this dribble he writes.
Unfortunately Paul did not take the advice from us graffiti writers to smash his "Brand new" bike into a brick wall or as another put it "the back of a truck"
Paul, You live your day reading this board cause you really blow at writing anything. On and on, you did it again, you wrote nothing but praise about yourself and how great you are to be in "Print"
Your boss must be proud.
Graffiti up you newsprint loser!
Cookie

Phillipsburg, NJ

#3 Jul 3, 2009
More dribble from Paul Carpenter. He is the reason I no longer subscribe to the Morning Call. He is so out of touch with reality, he must be from another planet.
Frankie Lovemuscle

Reading, PA

#4 Jul 3, 2009
What did you expect from a man named "carpenter" who lives in a fantacy world of sugar plums and windmills in his mind. I bet he still has his "huckelberry money".
A gloom and doom writer just like the whole anthracite area. No further words needed...
Crab

Macungie, PA

#5 Jul 3, 2009
Paul is right on. Any intelligent person can see that. You first two posters just hate Paul Carpenter. You obviously aren't bright enough to understand this column. Your hatred blinds you. He has written the honest truth. Not that anyone as ignorant as you two would recognize it, but it's true. Windmills as a way to produce electricity are a hoax.
cynicallycrazy

Allentown, PA

#6 Jul 3, 2009
If there was research concerning the effectiveness, or, lack thereof, it should have been referred to.
Trusting politicians for information on any energy source is only worthwhile if you are the person or company paying them so that both of you can be become wealthy, naturally, at the expense of the taxpayer.
Johnson

Emmaus, PA

#7 Jul 3, 2009
I remember seeing windmill farms in rural England years ago and I didn't react negatively to them at the time. In fact I thought they were nice looking. It's curious that people who perhaps live in towns that have been rendered eyesores due to once pretty houses now wrapped with dirty aluminum siding and modifications done without attention to architectural styles, suddenly display an aesthetic awareness and condemn windmills. Perhaps with their sudden cultural awakening they will move to make their truly ugly towns pretty as well.
Bitter Pennsyltuckian

Macungie, PA

#8 Jul 3, 2009
GO GREEN - GO NUCLEAR!
Cell Tower Wind Tower

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jul 3, 2009
We have done a great job with our technology at the cost of the landscape environment. We have polluted our views with ugly cell towers and now Wind Towers.
humbug

United States

#10 Jul 3, 2009
I would prefer those windtowers anyday to the nuclear plants. 3 mile island incident was enough for me for a lifetime. A lot of the materials in the windmills can be recycled. Maybe you all would like to see dutch windmills. I guess they look prettier.More land is destroyed everyday by the cookie cutter housing developments then the windtowers.
normal

Rochester, NY

#11 Jul 3, 2009
I didnt see any facts or data cited to support an argument.......? What a reporter!
Herman

Allentown, PA

#12 Jul 3, 2009
What a bad article. An issue no one really cares about an area most Morning Call readers have never been to.

And what kind of a moron has a "least favorite state"?
Chuck

Brick, NJ

#13 Jul 3, 2009
I drove through Upper Schuylkill County last Saturday to run a 5K in Ringtown (the same route as Mr. Carpenter, except further). I drove right past where the beginning of the wind farm is. I could not believe how gigantic those turbines were up close. They stretched for miles along some very scenic mountain terrain. Turning around at the finish line, all one saw was a line of turbines stretching God knows how far. I don't really have an opinion either way for Wind farms, but I can see why people consider them such an eyesore.
Joe Blow

Allentown, PA

#14 Jul 3, 2009
With the way Obama wants to kill coal power plants, they had better build more of these or we'll all be paying for it. Think PPL is really jacking the rates up in 2010? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Tobyhanna, PA

#15 Jul 3, 2009
normal wrote:
I didnt see any facts or data cited to support an argument.......? What a reporter!
Do you know the difference between a reporter and a newspaper columnist?
Ogre

Bangor, PA

#16 Jul 3, 2009
normal wrote:
I gave them to him the last time he went off on this subject. The power isn't "minimal".
LVCI

Allentown, PA

#17 Jul 3, 2009
Paul says, "any commentary that is anonymous and unaccountable is worth about as much as graffiti, and the contempt I have for it exceeds even the contempt I have for Kansas.""

I have refrained from ever making negative remarks concerning Paul's former snipes against bloggers' anonymity and the comments however since you have inferred it yet again...

I almost entirely agree with you . About 90% of anything posted on TOPIX is useless, but there are certainly excellent comments that do contribute as well. However, it is obvious those that are the bashers have indeed read your articles or they wouldn't be here.

So the TOPIX bashers obviously make themselves look foolish, because after all they keep coming back to read don't they?

So yes Paul, I agree with you on the ones that contribute nothing but smart-a remarks. Useless people who find no better way to bolster their own low self esteemed egos are wasting their time and TOPIX bandwidth. These remarks neither contribute nor accomplish one dang thing!

But come on Paul... in the past you had included the local blogger community as if they were much of the same as these.

Many bloggers are very responsible (not all). A number of them are well researched with linked verifiable information sources. Some 'bloggers' spend many hours a week addressing many concerns that the paper either overlooked or were too understaffed to report on. In other cases they further enumerate on MC articles. Paul if you want to place yourself above the blogger community, your doing you & your paper a disconnect with those you wish to reach.

But here's few questions as to what I think Paul...

A couple of your pieces were already covered in local blogs... I bet you took a peek didn't you?

Are you perceiving bloggers as an undermining of your income producing profession? After all bloggers are not compensated. We do it because we care. Not for the money.

What makes your opinions the only ones that matter? We folks on the other side that do not have access to the presses have something to contribute as well. Should ours be of less importance?

Sorry if you see this as going negative on you Paul, but since you mentioned bloggers and their anonymity as well, more then once... I thought it to be a matter of fairness to express my own POV on this matter. Maybe I should have saved this for my blog, eh?
:-)
LVCI
http://lehighvalleyclanculariusintrospective....
WearA Helmet

Allentown, PA

#18 Jul 3, 2009
Paul Carpenter wrote:
<quoted text>A week ago, I had great fun bashing Kansas
What a shameful waste of space. I wouldn't say waste of talent except that someone else had to put this dribble into print.
Paul Carpenter wrote:
<quoted text>Kansas already was ugly
What is the problem with Kansas? Do you honestly think that old culm banks are more appealing than wheatfields? Your eye for beauty is blind.
Paul Carpenter wrote:
<quoted text>but any commentary that is anonymous and unaccountable is worth about as much as graffiti
And any dribble produced by this "columnist" is worth less than the paper it was printed on.

“Reality is subjective”

Since: Aug 08

Reading, PA

#19 Jul 3, 2009
Every form of energy production has a negative impact of some kind. We have to decide what is the LEAST negative.

Wind production is clean, period. It's just as good (if not better) than hydro.

I get the impression from Paul that he wouldn't be satisfied with any method of generation.
Dorothy

Levittown, PA

#20 Jul 3, 2009
Herman wrote:
What a bad article. An issue no one really cares about an area most Morning Call readers have never been to.
And what kind of a moron has a "least favorite state"?
Herman - I completely agree. What needs to happen is everyone needs to stop reading and commenting on his mindless babbles. Maybe, just maybe the Morning Call will get a real columnist!
snowman allentown PA

Reading, PA

#21 Jul 3, 2009
humbug wrote:
I would prefer those windtowers anyday to the nuclear plants. 3 mile island incident was enough for me for a lifetime. A lot of the materials in the windmills can be recycled. Maybe you all would like to see dutch windmills. I guess they look prettier.More land is destroyed everyday by the cookie cutter housing developments then the windtowers.
What the hell are you afraid of , dying. Bad news we all get there someday and if it is early, c'est la vie. Get a grip and tell the jerks like FAT AXXED al gore to go back to his monstrosity of a house and tear it down. Sa for global warming, when are we going to erect pinwheels on MARS, Uranus and Saturn which also are having global warming(are they driving SUV's up there?).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Chief Video Sparks Controversy (Jul '13) Dec 5 progressive 4
'Libtard'-hating ex-cop claims feds paid him to... Dec 5 progressive 1
Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Nov 30 shaher 9,962
24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) Nov '14 Tenn T 424
Man testifies about fatal fight (Jun '07) Aug '14 Ashley 6
A Dozen People Out of Their Homes Due to Buildi... Aug '14 Robert Clark 1
Shenandoah hires part-time cops (Feb '10) Jun '14 Old School 5
Frackville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web