Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely no...

Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black

There are 9974 comments on the The Westside Gazette story from Dec 14, 2005, titled Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black. In it, The Westside Gazette reports that:

Watching a local television program recently, I heard Spike Lee express his belief that Queen Cleopatra of Egypt was Black.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Westside Gazette.

bill

Jacksonville, FL

#10703 Sep 4, 2013
imroko wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleopatra VII is white Macedonian Queen,because she is not "greek"..."gree k" never exist before 1830 ad."city state" is "hellenes" civilization,they never....state before 1830 ad.."hellenes" tribes are black,from sub-sahara,Macedonians are white people...where in history is word "greek"...before 19 cent...today "greece" is shame for humanity...98% of people..are pure "greeks"? NO..today "greek" nation are Macedonians,Turks,Albanians,Vl ahs,Cretans,Romans?,Christians from Turkey...."greeks" are biggest liars in history
blacks make u their history as they go.

Since: Aug 13

Vernon, Canada

#10704 Sep 5, 2013
Because she was Greek!

Just like Christos!

Since: Nov 12

Romania

#10705 Sep 6, 2013
Spartan300 wrote:
Because she was Greek!
Just like Christos!
Wasn't He a jew matey ?
Ldn

Barnet, UK

#10706 Sep 17, 2013
one should ask does Cleopatra the name sound african? if it does than she was african or black as all people in africa aren't black
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#10707 Sep 17, 2013
Cleopatra was not African nor black, she was as European as her name.

Romania

#10708 Sep 18, 2013
^@Jeff

I know a guy who's wifes' name is Cleopatra .
Very ugly woman to be honest, with an ugly... well.. behaviour ,(gyp like - barros gonna kill me now LOLOLOL) if ya kno what I mean .

EDIT: she's not a w#ore but she has "the mouth", the kind of mouth you , me and a bunch of savage lions and saltwater crocs will run like hell away from .
LOLOLOL

Since: Aug 13

Vernon, Canada

#10709 Sep 19, 2013
Because??????????

She was Greek
IL Principe

HÝrning, Denmark

#10710 Sep 19, 2013
Spartan300 wrote:
Because??????????
She was Greek

....and you are albanian
Tom Emery

Amherst, MA

#10712 Dec 17, 2013
To say "all greek's later inventions were based on Egypt thought" would make about as much sense as saying that all Victorian invention was based on German thought simply because the male Monarch of England at the time was German. It is important to remember that during this time there was a massive melting pot of culture. Egypt was not considered any more African than was Carthage. Both were part of the mediterranean world, which shared their cultures with one another through trade and labor. New research has shown that rather than being the slaves history has portrayed them as, free Hebrew laborers migrated from across the ancient world to build the great Egyptian pyramids- "White" laborers and architects bringing their techniques to construct some of the greatest monuments of Egypt. Cleopatra was descended from Greek heritage, and to our knowledge, the Ptolemic line remained relatively racially particular; which could have implications for the somewhat steadfast relations between Egypt and Rome. Just as Alexander the Great spread Greco mixed martial arts throughout the east before the appearance of recorded Martial arts history does not mean that martial arts didn't exist beforehand. This was an incredibly diverse world, which functioned as a whole far better than people understand. At this time there is no "crucible of culture," and whether or not life began in Africa is irrelevent. Different cultures were conceiving of their own identities and thought processes and sharing them. Egypt owes as much to the Greeks, Phonicians and Mesopotamians as they do Egypt. Why don't we all stop trying to come up with "which race is better or more original" and realize that we are arguing about something far too few of us understand, in a time none of us existed.
kurt thomas wrote:
I definitely do not think cleopatra was pure black NOR pure white. Infact cleopatra's father was greek and his wife an african queen. NOW anyone with logic and common sense can clearly see that these two combinations cannot produce a white person - and you're telling me she was white arn't you.... well i know your ancestors lied to us africans about our history which is most lost but please did they lie to you too... infact the true egyptian queens and kings of kemet(egypt - black land) were all africans....yes, if anyone opposes this please feel free to tell me 1)why and who blew off the sphinx facial features - which depicted african features... and if it was indeed an black african, why would any other race worship it? 2)i recommend you go to egypt and take a look at the interior of pyramids and the museum- put your eyes on any pharoh's statue - what color is his skin - black of course - and oh yeah fella they blew off the nose and lips of some 2.. hey they truth is simple...the egyptians thought the greeks - which many of them confessed to IN RECORD. therefore all greeks later inventions and ideas were based on egypt thought!
realscience

Howell, MI

#10713 Feb 27, 2014
her boyfriend was though you see her sitting on his lap??

Romania

#10714 Mar 1, 2014
^
Which one ? Cos she had two though ones, Caesar and Antonius plus five gazillion other men and (hopefully LOL) women !

;^)
Proud gypsy

Athens, Greece

#10715 Mar 1, 2014
Spartan300 wrote:
Because she was Greek!
Just like Christos!
Cleopatra was of Greek origin(her great great granfather was among the best soldiers of Alexander the Great.When Alexander conquered Egypt he left him as ruler of Egypt)

And Christos-if we accept his existance-was a Jew.

Just because you hate the Jews that doesn't mean you can change history Spathass!

Since: May 07

Brooklyn, NY

#10716 May 15, 2014
Cleopatra look like alicia keys or beyonce.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#10717 May 16, 2014
Thutmosis wrote:
Cleopatra look like alicia keys or beyonce.
Total BS and lies as usual. Cleopatra was not mixed, so no, she did not look like mixed types like alicia keys nor beyonce. She looked like the typical inbred white woman that she was.

Since: May 07

Brooklyn, NY

#10720 Sep 7, 2014
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Total BS and lies as usual. Cleopatra was not mixed, so no, she did not look like mixed types like alicia keys nor beyonce. She looked like the typical inbred white woman that she was.
She wasnt white she was a mixed breed like most of the northern egyptians in those days.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#10721 Sep 8, 2014
Thutmosis wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasnt white she was a mixed breed like most of the northern egyptians in those days.
Nope, you are wrong as usual. She was white, and came from a long line of white inbred European royals.
Ta Setis Revenge

Baltimore, MD

#10722 Sep 21, 2014
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
They want to steal our egyptian history! showyat Gizam.
LMFAO... You are Egyptian like Jeff is Greek... long live Africa... long live KMT... long live Ta Setis Revenge!
Ta Setis Revenge

Baltimore, MD

#10723 Sep 21, 2014
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are wrong as usual. She was white, and came from a long line of white inbred European royals.
Jeff you are one tired bastard! Thotmose was correct Cleopatra came from a long line of priest's daughters of Egypt. The evidence supports it then and now...
I thought your racist ass would grow out of those lies...
Where is that f@gg@t ass Spats at? Lol...
Ta Setis Revenge

Baltimore, MD

#10724 Sep 21, 2014
Thutmosis wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT UP TOTHMOSIS!!!
Ta Setis Revenge

Paterson, NJ

#10725 Sep 22, 2014
bill wrote:
<quoted text> blacks make u their history as they go.
That's been the job of the racist cracker... yo lie about his history and Africa! Cleopatra was under Greek control, heavily influenced by strong Africa culture. The finding of her arsinoe's burial remains proved that the DNA was undoubtedly African. Plus, the sculptural drawing of her skull proved also africoid origins! She and Cleopatra had the same mother... a daughter of an Egyptian priest... this shit about brother and sister is BS... not all Greek sibling lineals made it to the f@cling throne! Check out a great site called WWW.livius.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New VA Clinic Open in Pottsville Feb 16 Fat boy 15
Online Dossier of Mark Kessler (Dec '15) Feb 11 lazorus bog 6
thinking of moving to Girardville (Aug '17) Nov '17 Eaglebob 5
Loved ones incarcerated Nov '17 Momma Bear 1
News Man stabs sister after quarrel (Feb '14) Sep '17 Rat Packer 22
News Missing teen found dead Sep '17 TRUMP 2020 14
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... (Jun '17) Aug '17 ImTiredOf_It 19

Frackville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frackville Mortgages