Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely no...

Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black

There are 9970 comments on the The Westside Gazette story from Dec 14, 2005, titled Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black. In it, The Westside Gazette reports that:

Watching a local television program recently, I heard Spike Lee express his belief that Queen Cleopatra of Egypt was Black.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Westside Gazette.

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#10462 Jan 17, 2013
Cleopatra was as black as the ace of spades. It's a matter of historical record.
Spathis

Vernon, Canada

#10463 Jan 17, 2013
Faith wrote:
Cleopatra was as black as the ace of spades. It's a matter of historical record.
Wopaho on drugs!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10464 Jan 17, 2013
Faith wrote:
Show us the references.

Location hidden

#10465 Jan 17, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Let me also s........ about MY culture,....... we gave knowledge to outsiders .....
Normally in Central Africa it was the fate of such people to remain in a state of arrested development. In a mysterious way the light of human ambition was extinguished, the villages stayed chained to the Stone Age, and from century to century life revolved in an endless ant-like cycle of crude customs and traditions. There was no curiosity to explore, no desire for change or improvement. Every new generation gave way to the same passive fatalistic acceptance of things as they were, and reason was suffocated by habit and superstition.

These people had no method of writing or counting, no means of measuring the passage of time by weeks or months or years, no mechanical contrivances even as simple as the plough or the wheel, no religion that amounted to more than the most primitive kind of superstition and witchcraft. They gave way to their passions and their appetites like spoiled and delinquent children and they were unbelievably cruel.

The above two paragraphs were written many years ago in reference to the search for the source of the Nile by Burton, Speke and others and they very accurately describe YOUR (African) culture.

Sub-Saharan Africa never contributed anything of any value to the world and to suggest that Egyptians and other North Africans were black is a huge insult to them.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#10466 Jan 18, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the references.
I have a degree in anthropology. You will have to take my word for it.

Location hidden

#10467 Jan 18, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>I have a degree in anthropology. You will have to take my word for it.
It never happened if you cannot provide a credible reference.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10468 Jan 18, 2013
Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black?

because Ancient egyptians were not blacks

The black ppl are living a great lie in their black fantasy world LOL

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#10469 Jan 18, 2013
The status of black people in ancient egypt is very similar to the case of black americans

the ancient egyptians brought them to egypt as slaves and captives, Later, Some great royal egyptian kings gave them their freedom and some equality

after ages, the ancient egyptians were mixed with some black africans and some mixed black kings came to power of egypt in little time

thats the story of ancient egypt

quit the black nonsense
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#10470 Jan 18, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black?
because Ancient egyptians were not blacks
The black ppl are living a great lie in their black fantasy world LOL
She was a sister.
Black Deal

United States

#10473 Jan 20, 2013
Cleopatra people be homo Greek folks
Tom

Springfield, NJ

#10474 Jan 28, 2013
Faith wrote:
BS. Cleopatra was not black, she was white, she came from a ruling European inbred family, the Ptolomies who were all white and so was she.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#10475 Jan 28, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>She was a sister.
You are full of it. Cleopatra was as white as her name. Stop trying to claim a Queen who was of European ancestry cause you sound very foolish.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#10476 Jan 28, 2013
Come on people wrote:
Basically when something or someone is good white people try to take claim but in reality in the situation is "if you are mixed with anything that isn't white would make you non white". If her mom was of anything African decent would make Cleopatra non white.
Cleopatra's mother was as white as she was, they both belonged to the Ptolemaic Dynasty. There was nothing 'African' about any of the Ptolemies, they were Europeans in ancestry.

Since: Nov 12

Romania

#10477 Feb 12, 2013
OMG !
Even poor Cleo with her big nose is black now?! WTF is wrong with some people? I've thought its common knowledge that she was Macedonian Greek, just like her ancestor Ptolemaios Megas (MEGAS dudes, what that means in any african lingo? duh), since this dynasty was infamous for its incestuos marriages (father-daughter ; brother-sister etc). How the hell she could became black when all her ancestors fk between themselves to produce heirs??? Maybe it was the sun, african food, the water or something. LOL

Nevermind, since all european kings and personalities from Alexander the Great and Charlemagne to Jane Austen and Beethoven were black LAWZ, this black Cleo claim is absolutely normal (for some mental institution patients minds).:^)

Since: Nov 12

Romania

#10478 Feb 12, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
. Black ppl ran egypt, look at the pyramids and statues withouy the missing noses. They were made in the likeness of leaders and such. White ppl trying to make everyone beleive cleopatra was White is just another one of their attempts to disregard the accomplishments and contributions that black ppl made to world history. Tgen it would really throw in their faces how wrong they really were for enslaving africans and trying to justify it by saying they were inferior. Whitr ppl need to tell the truth nd stop judging ppl.
And who on earth will belive what someone like you said on the matter when you can't even write proper your own native language? Heck, even I can spell better than you in YOUR LANGUAGE! 1 million LULZES :^D
Justanyone

Roeselare, Belgium

#10479 Feb 12, 2013
Linda Myers wrote:
One more things, from my research Africans Americans are ancestors of Egypt.
No, they come from Mars.
Justanyone

Roeselare, Belgium

#10480 Feb 12, 2013
-Piper- wrote:
OMG !
Even poor Cleo with her big nose is black now?! WTF is wrong with some people? I've thought its common knowledge that she was Macedonian Greek, just like her ancestor Ptolemaios Megas (MEGAS dudes, what that means in any african lingo? duh), since this dynasty was infamous for its incestuos marriages (father-daughter ; brother-sister etc). How the hell she could became black when all her ancestors fk between themselves to produce heirs??? Maybe it was the sun, african food, the water or something. LOL
Nevermind, since all european kings and personalities from Alexander the Great and Charlemagne to Jane Austen and Beethoven were black LAWZ, this black Cleo claim is absolutely normal (for some mental institution patients minds).:^)
The first Ptolemy, who founded the dynasty, also was one of Alexander's generals who divided his empire between them after his death (just as they murdered his wife Roxanne and his child, just in case).

And didn't you know Jesus was black ? Pastor Wright said so, so it must be true.

And last but not least, don't forget Desmond Tutu yelled at the congegrated audience at the opening of the South-African World Cup : "We are all Africans !"

So it must be true we are ALL Africans.
Justanyone

Roeselare, Belgium

#10481 Feb 12, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Cleopatra's mother was as white as she was, they both belonged to the Ptolemaic Dynasty. There was nothing 'African' about any of the Ptolemies, they were Europeans in ancestry.
One of the very first posters in this thread wrote Cleopatra's mother was black. I almost believed it !
Justanyone

Roeselare, Belgium

#10482 Feb 12, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of it. Cleopatra was as white as her name. Stop trying to claim a Queen who was of European ancestry cause you sound very foolish.
I think you don't even need to reply to this kind of stupidity. To them black Africans, and only them, are brothers/sisters. This tells you enough, doesn't it ? It's a racial thing, that's all it is. They insist on race which is everything to them. In whole Africa you can probably count one the fingers of one hand the number of black Africans who would consider non-black human as brothers/sisters (let alone white humans).
Justanyone

Roeselare, Belgium

#10483 Feb 12, 2013
roland wrote:
Hello everyone, Cleopatra well for a start there was seven Cleopatras, the one everyone argues about was the last one Cleopatra VII born 69BC in Alexandria. Arguing what color she was just goes to show how far humanity has sunk, back then there wasn't such a big thing about color as the Greeks held the Egyptians in very high esteem, look at various greek writers for examples.
Solon the Lawgiver for one, visited Egypt and its city of Sais where he talked to high priests who told him about Atlantis. He never seems to have mentioned one of those high priests being black. The patron goddess of Sais was Athena (which they knew under another name), the same one as that of the city of Athens. Do you know any black culture worshipping Athena ?
[quote]She was more than likely a combination of African, European and Middle Eastern as Alexander encouraged the mixing of his troops with all the lands they conquered. This was a way of making sure his men and the conquered nations bonded so the empire which he started would be cohesive and not prone to uprisings.[/quote]
Yes, but it was several generations (more than 200 years) from Alexander to Cleopatra. What do you know about the Ptolemees' faithfulness to Alexander's edicts and regulations tens and hundreds of years after he died ?
[quote]The only reason the myth that the Egyptians are Caucasians was started because Jean-Fran├žois Champollion decipered the hieorglpys giving people the chance to see just how influential the egyptians were.[/quote]
It doesn't follow from this that the ancient Egyptians were Caucasians, and I never saw it stated either. On the contrary, it is known the ancient Egyptians were close to the ancient Lybians if not the same (which means berber) although I have seen it stated that some of their characteristics tended towards the African (which is a long way from "being black" proper).
[quote]This is why Greece had its centre of learning in Egypt, the place where Cleopatra was born, its also why the only thing Greek about Alexandria was the language its citizens spoke, all the artifacts dug up are in the Egyptian style and the way Cleopatra VII dressed, used oils and make-up was Egyptian.[/quote]
It is known that, in later times when Egypt was in its decline (i.e. in Cleopatra's own time) it received other influences. They "invented" a new divitinity (Apis) which was not Egyptian in origin.
[quote]How many other empires have their centre of learning on foreign soil, in my country England our centre of learning was always in Oxford and Cambridge even when we had a massive empire.
The Greeks based most of their culture on the Egyptians, Rome based most of its culture on the Greeks, Northern Europe based most of its culture on the Romans and America based most of its culture on the Northern Europeans this is why Egypt has been altered to give it a more Middle Eastern and European appearance belittling its African multi-cultural heritage.[/quote]
This is a big oversimplification.
First of all, I doubt ancient Hellas had one "center of learning" and although they certainly had scholars in Egyptian cities, this doesn't imply Egypt as a country was their one and only, and whole "center of learning." The Greeks also did not base "most of its culture on the Egyptians. There certainly were cultural exchanges - in a later stadium - but the Hellenes did not need the Egyptians for their culture. For one thing, look at their respective religions. How more different could they be ? The Egyptian with its somber outlook on death and the afterlife, and the Greek with their frivolous Gods and Goddesses which had an almost person-to-person relationship with you.

(second part in next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whew! Despite Jewish-sounding name, Penn State ... (Nov '11) Jun 24 Youknow 5
News Trans woman claims bias at Walmart Jun 20 shemale fun 11
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) May '16 Doc U R a Joke 427
News Coaldale businessman jailed for... Apr '16 Super Sperm 2
bruce forker murdered? (Mar '10) Feb '16 Riley 24
News Man stabs sister after quarrel (Feb '14) Feb '16 Steve Jobs 19
Gina Jan '16 Ironworker 2

Frackville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frackville Mortgages