Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Mor...

Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Morning Call Online

There are 26 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Morning Call Online. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Tamaqua man was charged early Wednesday ? his 37th birthday ? with fatally shooting a man in the face with a shotgun in a neighbor's home, where he had been called to help control a fight between the victim ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OH MY GOD

United States

#25 Mar 29, 2007
Seems like a fmaily reunion here....no one deserved to die and both should have been in jail to keep them from taking up police time from constantly being arrested. If anyone cared, both should have been in rehab for years.
Pottsville

Scranton, PA

#26 Mar 30, 2007
yes there was an obituary in the paper. and yes there was a service it was private. Here is the obituary.
David Wayne Ruhl, 36, of 18 S. Lehigh St., Tamaqua, died Tuesday in Tamaqua, the victim of an alleged homicide.

He was employed as a laborer.

Born in Lancaster, he was a son of Lester Ruhl of Pottsville and the late Pauline (Flick) Ruhl.

He attended Tamaqua Area High School.

Ruhl was Protestant by faith.

Surviving, in addition to his father, are a grandmother, Regina Evans of McAdoo; two sisters, Diane Ruhl in Arizona and Tina McGeehan of Lehighton; and several nieces.
lebanon

Ephrata, PA

#27 Mar 30, 2007
Pottsville wrote:
yes there was an obituary in the paper. and yes there was a service it was private. Here is the obituary.
David Wayne Ruhl, 36, of 18 S. Lehigh St., Tamaqua, died Tuesday in Tamaqua, the victim of an alleged homicide.
He was employed as a laborer.
Born in Lancaster, he was a son of Lester Ruhl of Pottsville and the late Pauline (Flick) Ruhl.
He attended Tamaqua Area High School.
Ruhl was Protestant by faith.
Surviving, in addition to his father, are a grandmother, Regina Evans of McAdoo; two sisters, Diane Ruhl in Arizona and Tina McGeehan of Lehighton; and several nieces.
this is davids cousin from the ruhl's side. i would like to thank you for putting that on for me. i wish i could of got to know him and his sister's. but i was very young when all this went down. and his dad didn't bother with them.
Just to let you know

East Stroudsburg, PA

#28 Apr 9, 2007
I have known David for 19 years. David was a good man. He would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked. He would do anything for anyone. However he was too proud to ask for help. He never wanted to bother anyone with his problems. David felt that he had to take care of himself and he insisted on doing just that. He had to since he was a kid and abandodned by his father. Did David make some mistakes in his life? YES. But what you don't know about him is this, David suffered from a medical condition. He was on medication for his entire life. There were times when he was out of work or unable to afford his meds. He was too proud to brrow money from anyone to get them. This is when he would make those mistakes. For David's and his familys privacy I will not say what this medical condition was, however I will say that it was NOT a mental condition. His condtion caused a high level of something in his blood that when not treated by the meds would effect his brain and this condition is very commonly misdiagnosed as schitsophrania. The few times that David would get in trouble was because he could not control it and had no idea what he was doing. David never tried to deny anything he did. He always took what punishment he was given and always said that he screwed up and had to pay for his actions. This is not making an excuse for Daivid's actions, just an overview of David for those idiots who never even knew him but want to bash him anyway. Along with being a good friend of David's, I am also involved with Law Enforecement in the area. The information that has been provided so far is a very inacurate detail of what happend that night, as you will find out in the upcoming trial. Robert Hartranft may have been a good guy. He may not have been. I did not know him and I will not be like some of the other idiots on here bashing someone that they didn't even know. All I know is that Robert Hartranft killed David Ruhl. At least he did the right thing by calling the police and turning himself in. He will now stand trial and face justice, Whatever that may be.
none

Sparta, NJ

#29 Oct 1, 2007
sideline wrote:
Pottsville...Hartranft is a family member of mine.. and had many many family problems all of his life... a horrible life growing up... but that does not condone his actions as an adult... he made his choices to all his trouble... and it makes no excuse for this... you can't blame the troublesome behavior they lead on childhood life forever... lots of people have bad childhoods and learn to go on.... both were bad eggs by choice
first of all you must not know the family as well as you say because ther life growing up was a normal family every one has problems let the family alone and get a life
none

Sparta, NJ

#30 Oct 1, 2007
Pottsville wrote:
If u read the report the last time he was arrested was back in 1995. Justice will be served when Mr. Hartranft gets the death penalty.
you are crazy to say the death penalty one life was taken why take a neither life you must hurt alot of people you have no heart you don 't even no mr hartranft so keep your mouth shout

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Whew! Despite Jewish-sounding name, Penn State ... (Nov '11) Fri Youknow 5
News Trans woman claims bias at Walmart Jun 20 shemale fun 11
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) May '16 Doc U R a Joke 427
News Coaldale businessman jailed for... Apr '16 Super Sperm 2
News Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Mar '16 Anti apollyon 9,970
bruce forker murdered? (Mar '10) Feb '16 Riley 24
News Man stabs sister after quarrel (Feb '14) Feb '16 Steve Jobs 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frackville Mortgages