Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Mor...

Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Morning Call Online

There are 26 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Tamaqua fight ends in death : The Morning Call Online. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A Tamaqua man was charged early Wednesday ? his 37th birthday ? with fatally shooting a man in the face with a shotgun in a neighbor's home, where he had been called to help control a fight between the victim ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pottsville

Berwick, PA

#1 Mar 22, 2007
why did u need to put in this article that ruhl was arrested in 1995 that was 12 years ago that is wrong bashing the dead
Jimmy

Sussex, NJ

#2 Mar 22, 2007
Dave was a trouble maker in Tamaqua for years. It's a shame he's dead and not spending life in prison. Justice was served in this case.
Pottsville

Berwick, PA

#3 Mar 22, 2007
If u read the report the last time he was arrested was back in 1995. Justice will be served when Mr. Hartranft gets the death penalty.
snark

Decatur, GA

#4 Mar 22, 2007
he didn't bring the loaded shotgun to scare him.
Jimmy

Sussex, NJ

#5 Mar 22, 2007
Pottsville wrote:
If u read the report the last time he was arrested was back in 1995. Justice will be served when Mr. Hartranft gets the death penalty.
He was last arrested in 2006 in the latest report. He was also a regular in the Tamaqua police log. He was a troublemaker. One less menace on the streets.
sideline

University Park, PA

#7 Mar 23, 2007
Pottsville...Hartranft is a family member of mine.. and had many many family problems all of his life... a horrible life growing up... but that does not condone his actions as an adult... he made his choices to all his trouble... and it makes no excuse for this... you can't blame the troublesome behavior they lead on childhood life forever... lots of people have bad childhoods and learn to go on.... both were bad eggs by choice
Pottsville

Berwick, PA

#8 Mar 23, 2007
I Bet u didn't know what a hard life he really had. So next time u speak ill of the dead just think about what u are saying. Yes he did some stupid things but he didn't deserve to die.
dizzy7695

Laceyville, PA

#10 Mar 25, 2007
ephrata pa wrote:
<quoted text>Also it doesn't help when there real father doesn't give a shit. He really didn't bother with any of is 3 older kids
Ok, I agree nobody deserves to die! But he was an adult knowing right from wrong, he knew his childhood sucked. He had his trouble ways because he chose to do it. That was his way of life, not because of his childhood, because that was his way. You can not go on blaming his childhood for actions. There are thousands of people out there who had a bad childhood and they have turned themselves around because of it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know right from wrong and that it is wrong to hurt others....or to treat others the way you would want to be treated. I myself came from a bad childhood, and I would never allow myself to fall in that trap of bad trouble lives!It is a shame someone had to die, but I am sorry it has nothing to do with his childhood! Face it he made bad, very bad choices and because of that he has left behind family and friends that did love him and who tried to do best for him. A bad childhood is a PISS POOR excuse of facing the TRUTH!!!!
mst

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 26, 2007
Maybe somebody can clear this up, but wasn't Hartranft 32, not 37.
I don't think the Morning call can get anything right
lebanon pa

Knoxville, IA

#12 Mar 26, 2007
i knew david leb and he said that what ephrata said is true that he didn't bother with him and his sister's so i beleive what the ephrata right
lebanon pa

Knoxville, IA

#13 Mar 26, 2007
Iknew david as a kid and he said that his dad never did anything with him or his sister but did a lot with his two younger sisters and there kid's
mt aetna

Chattanooga, TN

#14 Mar 26, 2007
david was my cousin and he didn't deserves to die why the hell did that guy have to bring a gun to some ones house to stop him from fighting with someone
sharon

Chattanooga, TN

#15 Mar 26, 2007
lebanon pa wrote:
Iknew david as a kid and he said that his dad never did anything with him or his sister but did a lot with his two younger sisters and there kid's
yea that is true i didn't know my cousin david that well because i didn't know what he looked like or were he was i wish i could see pic of him and i wish we could have been close with him and his sisters
Pottsville

Scranton, PA

#16 Mar 27, 2007
Sharon go to http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp... there is a pic there.
Leola

Wilmington, DE

#17 Mar 27, 2007
sharon wrote:
<quoted text>yea that is true i didn't know my cousin david that well because i didn't know what he looked like or were he was i wish i could see pic of him and i wish we could have been close with him and his sisters
you tell like it is you go girl that's my cousin she'll tell you like it is and straight to the point
sharon

Chattanooga, TN

#19 Mar 27, 2007
Leola wrote:
<quoted text> you tell like it is you go girl that's my cousin she'll tell you like it is and straight to the point
thats right people only talk shit on someone when there not here to defend them selfs he will always be my cousin no matter what he did he was part of our family
lebanon pa

Knoxville, IA

#20 Mar 27, 2007
sharon it's been around 1983 0r 1986 since you last seen him or diane or tina it was either since his mom past away or a family get together and that's right family no matter what
New Holland PA

Knoxville, IA

#22 Mar 28, 2007
Look I am kind of an outsider in this but it irritated me on some of the comments that were made as far as David's past and how someone can say that another menace is off the streets.. First of all as far as his past is concerned haveing a hard life with lots of left downs or favortism does do alot of damage I know this from experience so I have to ask this the ones that are saying that the past has nothing do with there lives now can u honestly sit there and tell me that David knew exactly what he was doing at all times or did u know what David felt or thaught.. Or can you tell me or anyone that there was absolutely nothing wrong with David he just wanted to get into trouble and live and continue to live a horrible life.. U can't soo therefore u can't tell me that his past didn't have anything to do with the decisions he made up until his last day of life. It is a known fact that History one way or another does and will repeat itself and the only way that stops is if u have the power to do soo and there are alot out there that don't and if ur not taught (oh wait here's the past again) how to just like eating or going to the bathroom U DON'T KNOW HOW TO OR EVEN WHERE TO START.. You might have had a rough life that may be true but there are others out there that have more issues than that to not there fault.. Now as far as the landlord/owner of the house.. My question is y hadn't he called the cops instead of a neighbor for cryen out loud.. I believe there is more too this cuz jeesh i am sorry but i would have called the cops or if i can talk to a neighbor i would have them call the cops for fear of the neighbors safety as well as the ones fighting... Also like the one said Y bring a gun.. If someone is in fear for there lives they would bring a gun but if that was the case y wasn't the cops called about the fight not the damn shots.. As for Hartranft he was in the total wrong for what he did it wasn't his place to place judgement on Ruhl it is the Law's and GODS..Also for the people that said the mean things they said to David's or maybe even Hartranft's family just wait cuz what u say and u do comes back on u ten times worse.
New Holland PA

Knoxville, IA

#23 Mar 28, 2007
what know no one has anything to say it's like it's old news and doe's anyone now if there is any service's for him or not that's right is daddy didn't give a shit
lebanon

Ephrata, PA

#24 Mar 29, 2007
he was my family and i never got to know him. because his dad did'nt have time for him and his two sister's. but he had time for there two half sister's. wish i could of got to know him and his two sister's. to see if they got married or had any kid's. it's a same what happen to him. he did'nt deserve to die that way. and did they even have an obituarie in the paper. cause i did'nt see any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... Jul 3 Bermuda Triangle 13
News Collapsing Building Causing Concern in Girardville Jun 24 six degrees of Lulz 2
proud of myself and my shortcomings too (Nov '12) Jun 24 skook cesspool 3
News Police: Son beat attorney with bat Jun 23 Casey At Bat 4
News Autopsy Wednesday for estranged husband... Jun 22 Skooker goes full... 1
Thinking of moving to Shenandoah Heights, PA Jun '17 On The Move 1
News Some malls on life support Apr '17 Ridgemont Mallrat 4

Frackville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Frackville Mortgages