Police: Penn State student said he 'was going to shoot people' ...

Full story: The Morning Call
A suspended Penn State-Schuylkill Haven student who police said caused Monday's lockdown at the campus by stealing guns from his parents was charged Wednesday with additional crimes after police revealed that ... Read more
CryNShame

Allentown, PA

#1 May 3, 2007
What the H-E- double hockey sticks is goin' on? What's in the water? This is pure lunacy!!!
LISSY

United States

#2 May 3, 2007
NEW FAD THIS YEAR...EVERYONE WANTS TO GO TO JAIL...HOW DUMB ARE THESE KIDS!!! MY GOODNESS ARE THE ISSUES THEY HAVE THAT BAD THEY WANT TO HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE...
Erin

East Stroudsburg, PA

#3 May 3, 2007
I had a stalker in college, a guy that lived in the same apartment building as me. He held knives to my throat and slashed all my car tires and other scary things. The police were at my apartment every other day at the very least. This was back in 99-00, and the police would do NOTHING. In fact, they told me that I should move for my own safety and that I "wasn't high profile enough" (their words verbatim.) I asked them if I would be high profile enough if he killed me and they said "unfortunately, that is what it comes to." I wonder, if the same thing happened now, would more appropriate actions occur?
CopyCat

Chicago, IL

#4 May 3, 2007
LISSY wrote:
NEW FAD THIS YEAR...EVERYONE WANTS TO GO TO JAIL...HOW DUMB ARE THESE KIDS!!! MY GOODNESS ARE THE ISSUES THEY HAVE THAT BAD THEY WANT TO HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE...
He wasn't a kid...he was 28-years-old (according to the article). It's copy-cat crimes. I must say, the media is half to blame for this. If they didn't hype the story up as much as they have - not as many people would know every single detail about the VT shootings. Please, don't take it the wrong way - the media SHOULD be reporting this - but not for 2 weeks after the event on every single station...it's a little, no pun intended, overkill. The VT shootings were tragic and horrible; especially being a recent college grad myself and having friends still in colleges across the country. However, if the Media didn't report on every single little detail down to where and how he got the weapons - perhaps then these copy-cats wouldn't have all of these ideas currently in their heads. Just a thought...
jason

Allentown, PA

#5 May 3, 2007
Thank god someone took this as an actual threat and took the necessary steps to ensure the safety of students on campus. This guy obviously had a plan in place to do some real damage. Hopefully he is locked away for a while and gets Mental health treatment upon release.(sarcasm)...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shenandoah man charged in child rape 22 hr concerned citizen 2
uma Mar 4 oldpisser 4
News Fourteen arrested in Slatington area drug sweep (Apr '09) Feb 26 Riskie westside R... 15
News Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Feb '15 sgeandhu 9,968
Crotch Rot Jan '15 Hazleton is the pits 1
News 24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) Dec '14 BigBoy 425
News Police Chief Video Sparks Controversy (Jul '13) Dec '14 progressive 4
Frackville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Frackville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]