Woman crashes into bar after being or...

Woman crashes into bar after being ordered to leave

There are 82 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 13, 2009, titled Woman crashes into bar after being ordered to leave. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A 41-year-old Sheppton woman who was ordered to leave a Schuylkill County bar last night because she showed visible signs of intoxication ended up back in the bar while inside her vehicle and passed out, according to state police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
New Law

Roseland, NJ

#1 Jul 13, 2009
You are hammered lady. So I am going to force you to drive home. Now get....
DOOP

Allentown, PA

#4 Jul 13, 2009
New Law wrote:
Yeah this is crazy, I think the bar should take some responsibility here and call her a cab. What if she would have killed someone? Your serving alcohol to people, at least help them if your the one getting them drunk.
who stole my tricycle

Lebanon, NJ

#5 Jul 13, 2009
DOOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah this is crazy, I think the bar should take some responsibility here and call her a cab. What if she would have killed someone? Your serving alcohol to people, at least help them if your the one getting them drunk.
Maybe the lady should have take some responsibility as well and not have driven, or drank so much. She's a grown women. Adults shouldn't have to be babysat.
Go Dodgers

Newark, DE

#6 Jul 13, 2009
New Law wrote:
I got the perfect defense!!!
Like Eddy Murphy said in "RAW"..

"Wasn't Me"!!...
But we found you sleeping in the car that crashed into our Bar!!!
"Wasn't Me"!!!

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Jul 13, 2009
Gee, great job, bartenders! Throw the visibly intoxicated woman out of the bar! What are they? IDIOTS?!?!?!? Guess they don't know what TIPs training is about...
MY TURN TO POST

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jul 13, 2009
yeah, but cigerettes kill?

Since: Apr 09

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jul 13, 2009
who stole my tricycle wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the lady should have take some responsibility as well and not have driven, or drank so much. She's a grown women. Adults shouldn't have to be babysat.
I completely agree, BUT... Anyone who bartends knows that they will have to babysit the drunks. It's a given. Most people are not responsible enough to cut themselves off when drinking, so the bartender has to do his/her job.

Sorry, but the bar also has some liability here. The bartenders should have known NOT to kick her out to drive home.
Mike

Keyport, NJ

#10 Jul 13, 2009
Hmm.. maybe the bartender thought while he saw the car crashing through the bar.."maybe I should have called a cab for her"....

Instead, he probably just called her "a cab" and tossed her out.
skook

Kingston, PA

#11 Jul 13, 2009
only in schuylkill county

“Cool Logic - Burning Passion”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#13 Jul 13, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree, BUT... Anyone who bartends knows that they will have to babysit the drunks. It's a given. Most people are not responsible enough to cut themselves off when drinking, so the bartender has to do his/her job.
Sorry, but the bar also has some liability here. The bartenders should have known NOT to kick her out to drive home.
They should have served her a few more. She would have been out cold on the floor. The worst she would have done is p-ssed herself...
Who cares anymore

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Jul 13, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a bartender and these guys went about it all the wrong way. They should have given her a bag of chips/petzels and soda and made her sit there for a least an hour. They do have some liability.
snowman allentown PA

United States

#15 Jul 13, 2009
Just shoot the ignorant bytch.
Jimmy Placebo

Pitman, PA

#16 Jul 13, 2009
Most of these bartenders don't want to lose their tip by shutting someone off. The other problem is if you threw all the obnoxious drunks out there wouldn't be hardly anyone left. The bar makes more money off the drunk than the people that only have one or two.
wow

Allentown, PA

#17 Jul 13, 2009
How 'bout a charge of "destroying a bar and endangering people's lives?" What, that's not on the books?! Better get to work.
Give me a break

San Pablo, CA

#18 Jul 13, 2009
Jimmy Placebo wrote:
Most of these bartenders don't want to lose their tip by shutting someone off. The other problem is if you threw all the obnoxious drunks out there wouldn't be hardly anyone left. The bar makes more money off the drunk than the people that only have one or two.
Most folks that drunk forget to tip...
The Scotsman

Allentown, PA

#19 Jul 13, 2009
I hope the alcohol survived the crash.
Kayz-mommy

United States

#20 Jul 13, 2009
i agree with who cares anymore. I have work at 3 bars and each one has rules that you try and make them stay and eat something or soda till you are fine to drive. Or you call them a cab. Some cab companies in and around allentown work with bars to help the really really drunk people. So the bar should be looked in to for how they conduct their business and if this is not the first time some like this has happened shut the damn place down for good!
Informed

Whitehall, PA

#21 Jul 13, 2009
StaberDearth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear that Obama? Get lost!... and take your Mommy Government programs with you!
What a surprise that you would try to drag Obama into this. If cutting someone off that is intoxicated is "Mommy Government programs" then W would be the bartender and the Republican Party would be the bar. They want no regulation and no accountability as long as they keep getting their money who cares what happens to them or anyone else in the town when they leave the bar. They already made their money even if they had to pour the alcohol down their throats and take the money out of their wallets while they were passed out.

Please find the one sided editorial that some left wing or right wing extremist wrote and post your political bs there. We were driving toward the cliff for the past eight years and drove off it in September under W and now you are complaining. Your rants are so old and tired!
Unhappy in Lehigh

Newtown Square, PA

#22 Jul 13, 2009
This is a bar in a motel, right? How did the bartender know she drove... she could have been a guest?

Just asking...
Hugh Jass

Allentown, PA

#23 Jul 13, 2009
I agree that the bar is totally at fault here. I mean, who can possibly expect a 41 year old adult to actually be responsible for their self, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Frackville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thinking of moving to Girardville Oct 12 On The Move 4
News Man stabs sister after quarrel (Feb '14) Sep 20 Rat Packer 22
News Missing teen found dead Sep '17 TRUMP 2020 14
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... Aug '17 ImTiredOf_It 19
Shenandoah pa police (Oct '13) Aug '17 JameysB 3
News Son: - I assumed the worst' Aug '17 Dirty Dick da Biker 14
Thinking of moving to Shenandoah Heights, PA Aug '17 bella 4

Frackville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance