Cop-killer was just paroled

Full story: The Morning Call

A man who fatally shot a police officer after a traffic stop was paroled last month and had a warrant out for his arrest for assaulting police officers about a week after his release from state prison.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
1 for Justice

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Maybe it's time to start holding the members of the Parole Board responsible for these thugs when they release them early. Maybe they will stop looking for early releases just because the jails are full.
Bitter Pennsyltuckian

Macungie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

And part two to this tragic story will be a cry from Mayor Nutjob for more restrictive firearms laws. This, of course, will do nothing to reduce crime but will make the law-abiding citizens more vulnerable to attack by scumbags such as Mr. Giddings. Hey, the good mayor must at least create the illusion that he really cares about crime reduction. Right?
Dennis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Another reason is that Schuylkill County is so corrupt that even are politicians belong in jail. I guess the criminals can buy a gun anywhere here. Our politicians have to be voted out of office because they are in there so long that they dont know what day it is.
Shoveler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

This young man that is a suspected cop killer may not have been given the proper counseling in prison. Before you judge you also should ask if he had proper parenting and what was the status of his parents marrige. I find many of these people that are confronted by the police are on their way to church or bible study. With that said maybe I shed a new light on parole boards.
rosco

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

So what, he did his time. These cops think they are above the regular folks.
Terminator

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Shoveler wrote:
This young man that is a suspected cop killer may not have been given the proper counseling in prison. Before you judge you also should ask if he had proper parenting and what was the status of his parents marrige. I find many of these people that are confronted by the police are on their way to church or bible study. With that said maybe I shed a new light on parole boards.
You really are as your name states Shovelling. Glad I have my Hip boots on.
Bottomline

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

"''Obviously, he wasn't rehabilitated,'' Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey said Wednesday"

Wow! I wonder what kind of brain power it took to figure that out!!!
Bryan 3620

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

1 for Justice wrote:
Maybe it's time to start holding the members of the Parole Board responsible for these thugs when they release them early. Maybe they will stop looking for early releases just because the jails are full.
That's the liberal way.
Give the convicted losers "another chance"...Yeah, show them "love, understanding, and respect"...Liberals think they can "change" a criminal.
You can show a crazy animal anything you want. It will still be a crazy animal.
Bryan 3620

Whitehall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Shoveler wrote:
If this is a joke...it's funny!
If you are serious...put down the "happy weed".

Since: Sep 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

He had a 12 yr max,,,,they let him out with 2 yrs to go.It was the right decision,,,why, because he would be under supervision for 2 yrs if they made him do all 12 they would have been no supervision at all.
This guy was just allowed to commit a crime 2 yrs early.He would never be rehabilitated. He is just rotten to the core.
It was the right decision by the board
TOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Before you judge you also should ask if he had proper parenting and what was the status of his parents marrige.

My parents were divorced when I was very young, there are 4 of us, and yes we were very poor. None of us even considered killing someone, or turning to a life of crime. Just becasuse maybe your parents got divorced does not give you the right to kill and turn out to be a dirtbag. If you're an adult, you are responsible for your own actions, not blaming a poor childhood for your shortcomings. Not a defense!
Sunny

Hammond, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

TOM wrote:
Before you judge you also should ask if he had proper parenting and what was the status of his parents marrige.
My parents were divorced when I was very young, there are 4 of us, and yes we were very poor. None of us even considered killing someone, or turning to a life of crime. Just becasuse maybe your parents got divorced does not give you the right to kill and turn out to be a dirtbag. If you're an adult, you are responsible for your own actions, not blaming a poor childhood for your shortcomings. Not a defense!
I'm pretty sure the post you're responding to was laced with sarcasm.

I agree with your statement though--no excuses.
Joe Thompson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

All people should not be measured with the same stick. There are other reasons for being convicted of a violent crime. Has anybody ever been in a street fight? Depending on the outcome of that fight you could be charged with aggravated assault. Is that the same as a Cop Killer? I don't think so. You could get up to 4 years for that. If you do your time you should get out when your time is up.
BeBopaLula

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

BS. If a person murders someone in a "street fight" they are guilty of a violent crime and should be treated as a violent criminal.
Joe Thompson wrote:
All people should not be measured with the same stick. There are other reasons for being convicted of a violent crime. Has anybody ever been in a street fight? Depending on the outcome of that fight you could be charged with aggravated assault. Is that the same as a Cop Killer? I don't think so. You could get up to 4 years for that. If you do your time you should get out when your time is up.
Joe Thompson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

BeBopaLula wrote:
BS. If a person murders someone in a "street fight" they are guilty of a violent crime and should be treated as a violent criminal.
<quoted text>
Who said anything about mudering someone in a street fight. If you do that then it's needle time. I'm talking about lossing it and posibly hurting someone to the extent that the justice system feels is grounds for aggravated assault. I will guaranty you nobody would knows what that line is.
FoolsSukasBadass Brothers

Beverly Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

Joe, My mistake, However, many people do die in "good old fashioned street fights". I had a friend 20 yrs old, that was a victim of a sucker punch that died. The criminals sentence is 2-4 yrs max. Which I feel is unfair to the family and friends of the person that died so violently by one sucker-punch.
Joe Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about mudering someone in a street fight. If you do that then it's needle time. I'm talking about lossing it and posibly hurting someone to the extent that the justice system feels is grounds for aggravated assault. I will guaranty you nobody would knows what that line is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Frackville Discussions

Search the Frackville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 29 min Chicken Little Climateers 51,394
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 32 min PA Repub 3,555
Shenandoah-area men sentenced for hate crime in... (Feb '11) Mon Interpreter 18
Whew! Despite Jewish-sounding name, Penn State ... (Nov '11) Apr 14 Dan Kelso 3
24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) Mar '14 Lebanon Levi 416
Why Queen Cleopatra was definitely not Black (Dec '05) Mar '14 Proud gypsy 9,915
Dead toddler's mom seeks release (Apr '07) Feb '14 thirty aught six 6
•••

Fire Warning for Schuylkill County was issued at April 23 at 8:06PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Frackville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Frackville People Search