Do Not Visit Lakemoor Businesses Unti...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Major Deek

Lake Villa, IL

#41 May 30, 2013
True or False.

Presuming the guilt of the owner of a vehicle of a crime they may or may not have committed is a violation of their due process rights.
Russ

Carol Stream, IL

#42 Jul 2, 2013
I just got my second right on red ticket at this intersection. I find it rediculous to take a right on red legally because the stop line is at least 3 car lengths before even entering the intersection. You cant even see a thing if you stop before the line. The videos are completely frustrating because the car in front of me stopped halfway over the line and I stopped like ten feet before it then creeped along at 1 MPH for the next 30 feet until you can see the coast is clear. At no point was anyone in one ounce of danger and a regular street cop would have never pulled me over. Thats what pisses me off! Its just some lady cop sitting behind a desk making the village thousands of dollars a day knit picking safe drivers.
traveler

Round Lake, IL

#43 Jul 7, 2013
Russ wrote:
I just got my second right on red ticket at this intersection. I find it rediculous to take a right on red legally because the stop line is at least 3 car lengths before even entering the intersection. You cant even see a thing if you stop before the line. The videos are completely frustrating because the car in front of me stopped halfway over the line and I stopped like ten feet before it then creeped along at 1 MPH for the next 30 feet until you can see the coast is clear. At no point was anyone in one ounce of danger and a regular street cop would have never pulled me over. Thats what pisses me off! Its just some lady cop sitting behind a desk making the village thousands of dollars a day knit picking safe drivers.
Yep, it's called the "gotcha" system. It's a set up to fail. It's a set up to be an income generator for towns. My suggestion, stay away from any towns that have them. Stop shopping, buying gas, anything you can do.

Since: Nov 10

Waukegan, IL

#44 Jul 12, 2013
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I care 100% about the money issue and zero about the safety issue.
Right turn on red is the safest maneuver there is.
I learned to drive BEFORE the right turn on red became legal.
So i know how to stop and stay stopped. It wouldn't bother me at all.
Any why would we complain about doing that ?
Especially if it doesn't cause us to get a ticket.
We complain when we get get tickets for stupid laws written just for the purpose of making money.
We do stop at the red light. The problem is WHERE we stop. The cameras are aimed at the line. Most of the time the line is so far back you can't see cross traffic. If you move up and stop where its safer to view ALL traffic then you will get a ticket.
I'll save a discussion about rocket science for someone who can actually understand it. You seem to be having trouble enough just understanding something as simple as a law designed to generate money and not about safety.
YOU SAY it's about money...money's not what bothers you, you don't like them making it easier to catch people who blow stop lights.
Keep feeding us that line of crap about money all you want for morons who believe you. And keep on feeling sorry for people who won't stop and don't get caught.
Duh

Round Lake, IL

#45 Jul 12, 2013
GThorogood wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAY it's about money...money's not what bothers you, you don't like them making it easier to catch people who blow stop lights.
Keep feeding us that line of crap about money all you want for morons who believe you. And keep on feeling sorry for people who won't stop and don't get caught.
ha ha ha
because about 90% ARE FOR RIGHT HAND TURNS IDIOT!
YOU THINK THEY ARE FOR SAFETY? YOU ARE NUTS!

Yeah, I drive about 100 miles a day and see people Blow thru stop lights maybe once a month. I feel sorry for you that you don't seem to understand that they are set up to boost the coffers of cities and not for safety. If safety was a concern, they would increase the yellow light time. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!

Since: Nov 10

Waukegan, IL

#46 Jul 16, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha ha
because about 90% ARE FOR RIGHT HAND TURNS IDIOT!
YOU THINK THEY ARE FOR SAFETY? YOU ARE NUTS!
Yeah, I drive about 100 miles a day and see people Blow thru stop lights maybe once a month. I feel sorry for you that you don't seem to understand that they are set up to boost the coffers of cities and not for safety. If safety was a concern, they would increase the yellow light time. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!
SO WHAT IF THEY'RE FOR RIGHT HAND TURNS??!!
You have a problem with stopping before you make a right hand turn??
Crybaby....crybaby....crybaby. ..and that is the BIGGEST LOAD OF CRAP EVER that you only see people blow through lights once a month. Keep sympathizing with the lawbreakers, loser. You don't see people keep making left turns into oncoming traffic after the light turns red, for Christ's sake??
phil

Evanston, IL

#47 Apr 14, 2014
IS there a petition or something I can sign that might possibly get to the proper people? That camera is poorly situated - if you are going to turn right, you HAVE to go way over the line to see the oncoming traffic. I will not spend any more money in Lakemoor until they at least re-situate the camera so it is not purely a $$ venture for the village. Better yet they should remove it entirely. IF they were really concerned about safety, they would ticket more for speeding through intersections on yellow/red. That is when accidents happen.
mustangblue59

Lake Zurich, IL

#48 Jul 24, 2014
Apparently you never read the Chicago Tribune story about Schaumburg / Woodfield Mall. They installed one camera at Meacham near Woodfield and when there was an outcry from the community, they removed the camera. The village board couldn't believe how $1M was generated so quickly and the effect on accidents wasn't noticeably different. BTW, the red light camera company gets a cut of all the ticket revenue. More cameras, more money for them.

When the village board realized there would be a negative effect at Woodfield, they pulled the camera and scrapped the plan to install 9 more in the town.
stop at red

Crest Hill, IL

#49 Jul 26, 2014
Safest maneuver would be to stop at the red and wait for the light to turn green.
I like Gthorogood. I like his style.
Stop breaking the law a-holes.

Since: Sep 15

Hartland, WI

#50 Sep 10, 2015
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Another person who just doesn't get it. It's not that simple. If you stop and still get a ticket, it will cost you to fight it. If the weather is bad and it is impossible to stop, you still get a ticket and it will cost you to fight it. What part of the above do you not understand?
I have an idea. Let's just go back to the days when red means Stop- no turning until green. I think I won't ever turn on red again and keep my $100.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fox River Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you think of Dundee-Crown? (Aug '07) Thu Lots to offer 12
Barrington Attorney John Peter Curielli sued in... Apr 26 nobody 11
News Patients Looking For Somnomed MAS, Somnodent MA... (Aug '09) Apr 22 george3640 11
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Apr 21 Concerned in Wauc... 156
Red light camera 120 and 12 (Mar '13) Apr 16 avoidlakemoor 2 112
Red Light Cameras (Mar '12) Apr 16 avoidlakemoor 2 91
News Tiny Lakemoor gets big bucks from red-light cam... (Aug '15) Apr 16 avoidlakemoor 2 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fox River Grove Mortgages