Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Jack Fields is running for Antioch Township Supervisor

Steve Smouse is running for Antioch Township Supervisor

Two choices and four faces for Antioch Township Supervisor.

My question is, WHO in the Township is going to get behind the effort to better control ARS and to possibly merge them with AFD/FFD? Obviously it won't be either of these gentlemen. Both are so far in the ARS forest on this issue they cannot see the trees of reality all around them.

With both of them running, it's tough to know which of their four faces to trust on this issue. I am thinking that disbanding the Township altogether may be the best solution if these two are the best this area has to offer.

I mean really folks, do you want either one of these guys in a position to have a bearing on the competence or response time of your care if you have a medical emergency?

Not me.

If Jack Fields or Steve Smouse has anything to say about this issue, now is the time. We know you are hiding. Time to man up boys.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

I think it's time to disband the township, period.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

LazyK wrote:
I think it's time to disband the township, period.
I couldn't agree with you more, and it appears that others who read this forum agree too. The township and all it's township employees with their nepotism and Good ole' gals and boys mentality are laughable. The township is nothing but a joke at the tax payers expense and what they claim to do, the County could take over with no problem at all and save the tax payers a fortune. DISBAND THE TOWNSHIP ALL TOGETHER and then we don't have to worry about those idiots!!
Momx2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I would think that Jack Fields would be a much better choice then who is in office now. His dad was township supervior for years and did a remarkable job and took that position seriously. So one could only hope that Jack would do the same type of job if not better then his dad and better then the current person.

Its time that the small town politics change. And the residents of Antioch are out first. Its time for some serious changes in Antioch.
What

Spring Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Momx2 wrote:
I would think that Jack Fields would be a much better choice then who is in office now. His dad was township supervior for years and did a remarkable job and took that position seriously. So one could only hope that Jack would do the same type of job if not better then his dad and better then the current person.

Its time that the small town politics change. And the residents of Antioch are out first. Its time for some serious changes in Antioch.
Really. His Dad did a good job and that qualifies him? Butch O'Hare, the WW2 hero that ORD is named after was the son of Al Capone's scumbag lawyer. Dad bad. Kid good. By your logic ORD would not be ORD. The ONLY thing that qualifies anyone for anything is who they personally are and what they believe. My experience with Jack Fields is that his friends carry him out of bars at the end of the night. Don't know much else about him except that he is a windsock and will support which ever way the wind is blowing.

Time to eliminate the tax wasting township and all if the self serving leaches attached thereto. That's the "serious change" I'd like to see. We don't actually need any of them.
Momx2

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Not saying it qualfies him but maybe having someone who may take it seriously more then Smouse. Someone who actually comes from a political family maybe better.
Again its time for a change. Time to change the way politics in Antioch are run. Time to think about the residents, their safety, etc., instead of old friendships etc.
Honesty best policy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Get Rid of the Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree with you more, and it appears that others who read this forum agree too. The township and all it's township employees with their nepotism and Good ole' gals and boys mentality are laughable. The township is nothing but a joke at the tax payers expense and what they claim to do, the County could take over with no problem at all and save the tax payers a fortune. DISBAND THE TOWNSHIP ALL TOGETHER and then we don't have to worry about those idiots!!
I agree with you....the township needs to go...it was and is just a watering hole for Nepotism. The decision to kept or disband the township should be put in a Referendum next month.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Honesty best policy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you....the township needs to go...it was and is just a watering hole for Nepotism. The decision to kept or disband the township should be put in a Referendum next month.
Woo Hoo!! Couldn't agree with you more. If it weren't for the Township nepotism, none of those township employees would have a job because none of them had the qualifications or credentials in the first place to get their jobs on their own. What it boils down to is Sister taking care of sister, relatives taking care of relatives,and on and on and on. It's a "One hand washes the other mentality" and the taxpayers foot the bill. Yep, you got it right, "a watering hole for nepotism" and they're laughing all the way to the bank! Get rid of the waste!!
What the F

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Rez wrote:
Townships are a thing of the past, lets stop wasting money on people who do nothing, and serve no purpose.
Well thats not all together true. Now you take Smouse for that matter , Who would have been there to run A.R.S. into the ground ? And would have been there to sell A.R.S. their insurance , And all this while he was Township superviser. Now you have to admit that's multi - tasking.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

What the F wrote:
<quoted text>Well thats not all together true. Now you take Smouse for that matter , Who would have been there to run A.R.S. into the ground ? And would have been there to sell A.R.S. their insurance , And all this while he was Township superviser. Now you have to admit that's multi - tasking.
Well now, I can't argue with that, you have a REAL point. And, I have to say Good Ole' Boy "Mousey Smousey" did a wonderful job doing what he does best - conning the people, smiling pretty and laughing all the way to bank. What a guy!!
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Get Rid of the Waste wrote:
<quoted text>
conning the people, smiling pretty and laughing all the way to bank. What a guy!!
that describes just about every politician in lake county.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Antioch For All wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. I think most local village board members are decent people trying to help. They make little money and rarely get anything but grief from people who don't like a particular decision.
try living in Fox Lake
we have a history of corruption.
Antioch old timer

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Antioch For All wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. I think most local village board members are decent people trying to help. They make little money and rarely get anything but grief from people who don't like a particular decision.
I think if you go back a mayor in Antioch that statement won't hold water. "ALMOST" everyone on her board was a card holder for the good old boys AND girls network. And that was from the mayor all the way to the chief of police. One more term of her and her lock step mental midgets would have wiped Antioch off the map.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Antioch For All wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly are a positive thinker, but you're living in a fantasy world. Politicians may make little money in your eyes "on the books", but that doesn't count what they steal. Just listen to your news, open your eyes, this is 2013!! and EVERY federal, state, county, village and township official / employee is a greedy, self-centered, crooked, conspiring individual who thinks little about YOU, but constantly about themselves. The more politicians we have, the bigger the burden on the taxpayers. Get rid of the waste and eliminate the fat!
Just Wring

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Relative wrote:
<quoted text>I'm really sorry to read you feel this way. My brother is a trustee in a local town. All he does is work to help the residents. Never asked for anything. Won't even ask for legitimate expense reimbursement. Your blanket allegation is simply wrong. Not everyone in politics is a crook as you pontificate. These kind of statements must be very disheartening to those trying to help you. Talk is cheap. Get the proof out or please do some research.
Hideous comment from the waste poster. Understand his anger, but blaming everybody? Wow, what a myopic view.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Just Wring wrote:
<quoted text>
Hideous comment from the waste poster. Understand his anger, but blaming everybody? Wow, what a myopic view.
Oops, I must have touched a nerve with you. No anger or short-sighted view here, just the truth. I think you need new glasses, Just Wring. Read your papers and listen to your news!
Just Wring

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

So you have no proof that 100% of politicians are crooks. I see. Nor will you, because they are not. There are plenty of bad apples to be sure, but 100%? You need a check up from the neck up. What a paranoid, sad world you live in.
Get Rid of the Waste

Round Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Rez wrote:
Maybe not all are crooks, but there is certainly some questionable practices going on in Antioch Township, and with our current supervisor. Best idea is to get rid of the whole damn thing and start putting that money either towards repairing roads and such, or put it back in the taxpayers pockets.
Couldn't agree with you more!! Antioch Township needs to GO!
BGDCKBTCH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Go Smouse! I want the party to carry on!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

BGDCKBTCH wrote:
Go Smouse! I want the party to carry on!
Thank you for your vote mrs smouse!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fox Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min mahz 49,277
Beachfest brings Round Lake communities together 8 hr your take 12
America's largest minority group lags behind (Mar '12) 8 hr RLAYC 3
Teen's shooting leads to gang sweep in Hainesville (Jun '12) 10 hr RLAYC 7
Corrupt Round Lake Beach ! 10 hr RLAYC 18
Teen Center (Apr '10) 10 hr Reimagine 25
IH Rent - Invitation Homes Complaints 13 hr GRATEFUL 82

Search the Fox Lake Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Fox Lake Jobs

•••