Slain man recalled as family's support

Chris Benner doesn't know if his murdered big brother had gone to Rebecca Payne's house to help her through a hard time with her estranged husband, but he says it was typical of him to offer comfort in times of ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sweetheart

United States

#1 Apr 11, 2007
Bless this man and watch over his family.

Since: Feb 07

On your PC screen

#2 Apr 11, 2007
What a wonderful man, it is sad he was taken from this world so early!
LORENA THOMASIA

United States

#3 Apr 11, 2007
I AM SO SORRY FOR THE FAMILY LOST, I LOST MY GRANDSON A YEAR AGO, HE WAS STABBED BY A JEALOUS GIRLFRIEND, HE WAS ONLY SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD.

I HOPE THE MURDERER PAYS FOR THIS SENSELESS ACT. i AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY.
notdisgusted

Worthville, KY

#4 Apr 11, 2007
They hit the nail on the head! Awesome guy!
WHODIDIT

Fishers, IN

#5 Apr 11, 2007
That is sad hope they can find the killer....
thank you

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 11, 2007
Thank you for sharing this insight into this man's life. He sounds like a great brother and friend. May he rest in peace.

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#7 Apr 11, 2007
What a loss, my condolences to his loved ones and prayers for their healing.
Joyce

Carmel, IN

#8 Apr 11, 2007
Thank you for the information regarding Mr. Brenner. Our thoughts and prayers are with both families.
Stop fighting

Esmond, IL

#10 Apr 11, 2007
Thanks for the story on George, IndyStar!

R.I.P Rebecca and George. You both will be missed.
indystar reader

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Apr 11, 2007
We have all been wondering about George Benner. I'm glad that Rebecca and George found comfort and happiness in their friendship before their untimely death. Both families are in my prayers. Two good people have been taken from us.
Friend In Remington

Newark, OH

#12 Apr 11, 2007
George had one thing on his mind at all times........to help people.
He will be missed so much by lots of people. I hope he and Rebecca RIP.
She sounds just like he was.
This is such a sad story.
I hope the person responsible pays a heavy fine for this!
We love you George......
john

Munster, IN

#13 Apr 11, 2007
although he was taken from this world to early , it gives me hope that there are still good people out there. i pray for his family and the womans family as well.
Jill

AOL

#14 Apr 11, 2007
Thank you for sharing this story! It is so refreshing to see good people in the world.

My prayers go out to both families! God Bless All!
Happy Hoosier

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Apr 11, 2007
Your family is in our prayers..
Thanks

United States

#16 Apr 11, 2007
Thanks for talking about George. I was getting tired of hearing about just the one person that died with another person, that both hahd no reason to die. According to the paper, I know it, I dont know, was her side that did the kilings, but there was still another person that died. Why did she let him know where she lived after buringin down the house b4, the only accuse was the child, but still you can make plans with out knowing someones address & phone number. Even if it was due to the child, I would not want my child to be with that type of person, who knows what they are capable of doing. Also if it was due on waiting for the divorce papers, to see about visitiaion rights, I would wait for the papers, if it dealt with a life issue, that this guy was capable of burning down a house, I would not wnat my child to be with that person. But there is that case I guess where he could follow her home from work one day, that is probably how he got her address or other ways. THIS WHY PRIVATE AND CONDIFENTOAL INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE PRIVATE. WHY CANT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS. WE DONT NEED TO ANSWER THE SS # ON THE APPLICATION UNTIL THEY WANT TO HIRE US. I WAS NOT OFFERED OF A JOB DUE TOT EH FACT MY ADDRESS WAS NOT ON MY RESUME< HOW PETTY, THAT IS BEING SAFE< I DOTN KNOW WHO ALL IS LOOKNG AT MY RESUME & CLEANING CREW, WHO IS SAFE AND CONFIDENTIAL> PEOPLE THAT JUST LAY RESUMES AND APPLICATION AROUND THERE OFFICE ON THEIR DESK IS NOT THINKING. PEOPLE HAVE TO LEARN TO BE SAFE & THINK HOW THEY WOULD WANT THEIR RESUME< APPLCIATION AND PRIVATE INFO TO BE TREATED> TREAT IT LIKE HOW YOU WANT YOURS TO BE TREATED< WE DOTN NEED TO GIVE OUT OUR SS# UNLESS WE ARE GOING TO BE HIRED OR PICK THE TOP 10 or 5 TO CALL BACK AND STATE YOU ARE WITH SO AND SO COMPANY OR SEND A LETTER WITH LETTERHEAD AND REQUEST ANOTHER INTERVIEW FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE SS# TO BE GIVEN OUT IN PERSON THAT YOU ARE NOT GIVING OUT OVER THE PHONE AND HOPING THAT THE MAIL WITH SS# GOT THERE THRU THE MAIL. THIS IS THE ONLY APPROPROPRITAE AND PROFESSIONAL WAY TO DO IT> LEAVING RESUMES< APPLICATIONAS AND PRIVATE INFORMATION LAYING OUT ON ALL OF THESE OFFICE DESKS< GOT KNOWS WHO SEES IT< OTHER CO WORKERS< CLAENING CREW> US UNEMPLOYEED PEOPLE SEE THIS AND IT SHOWS A BIG FAT RED FLAG TO US UNEMPLOYEDD PEOPEL. SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH OFFICE JOBS THAT ARE HIRING< TREAT ALL OF THESE RESUMES< APPLCIATIONS< PRIVATE INFORMATUON< EVEN YOUR OFFICE WORK CONFIDENTIAL is also confidential so treat each single paper that arrives on your desk as your piece of paper, treat it like it is yours.
Brown Eyes

United States

#17 Apr 11, 2007
May God bless both of the families,you are in my prayers!
Proud Aunt

Lafayette, IN

#18 Apr 11, 2007
Thank you for a very nice article about a special young man. He was the sweetest, cutest little boy and grew into a very kind and loving son, grandson, brother, uncle, nephew, cousin and friend. We all will miss him more than words can say.
vaughn family

AOL

#19 Apr 11, 2007
OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHY FOR THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF THE BRENNER FAMILY.
Uncle to Rebecca

United States

#20 Apr 11, 2007
I never got the chance to meet George but, if he was good enough for Rebecca, then I know that he was a fine young man. Her son speaks very highly of George and that he was his best friend. We are so sorry that this happened and we all are praying for George's family as well as our own. We ask that you believe as Rebecca believed: all things are possible when you believe in our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Ron Jeremy

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Apr 11, 2007
Thanks wrote:
Thanks for talking about George. I was getting tired of hearing about just the one person that died with another person, that both hahd no reason to die. According to the paper, I know it, I dont know, was her side that did the kilings, but there was still another person that died. Why did she let him know where she lived after buringin down the house b4, the only accuse was the child, but still you can make plans with out knowing someones address & phone number. Even if it was due to the child, I would not want my child to be with that type of person, who knows what they are capable of doing. Also if it was due on waiting for the divorce papers, to see about visitiaion rights, I would wait for the papers, if it dealt with a life issue, that this guy was capable of burning down a house, I would not wnat my child to be with that person. But there is that case I guess where he could follow her home from work one day, that is probably how he got her address or other ways. THIS WHY PRIVATE AND CONDIFENTOAL INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE PRIVATE. WHY CANT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS. WE DONT NEED TO ANSWER THE SS # ON THE APPLICATION UNTIL THEY WANT TO HIRE US. I WAS NOT OFFERED OF A JOB DUE TOT EH FACT MY ADDRESS WAS NOT ON MY RESUME< HOW PETTY, THAT IS BEING SAFE< I DOTN KNOW WHO ALL IS LOOKNG AT MY RESUME & CLEANING CREW, WHO IS SAFE AND CONFIDENTIAL> PEOPLE THAT JUST LAY RESUMES AND APPLICATION AROUND THERE OFFICE ON THEIR DESK IS NOT THINKING. PEOPLE HAVE TO LEARN TO BE SAFE & THINK HOW THEY WOULD WANT THEIR RESUME< APPLCIATION AND PRIVATE INFO TO BE TREATED> TREAT IT LIKE HOW YOU WANT YOURS TO BE TREATED< WE DOTN NEED TO GIVE OUT OUR SS# UNLESS WE ARE GOING TO BE HIRED OR PICK THE TOP 10 or 5 TO CALL BACK AND STATE YOU ARE WITH SO AND SO COMPANY OR SEND A LETTER WITH LETTERHEAD AND REQUEST ANOTHER INTERVIEW FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE SS# TO BE GIVEN OUT IN PERSON THAT YOU ARE NOT GIVING OUT OVER THE PHONE AND HOPING THAT THE MAIL WITH SS# GOT THERE THRU THE MAIL. THIS IS THE ONLY APPROPROPRITAE AND PROFESSIONAL WAY TO DO IT> LEAVING RESUMES< APPLICATIONAS AND PRIVATE INFORMATION LAYING OUT ON ALL OF THESE OFFICE DESKS< GOT KNOWS WHO SEES IT< OTHER CO WORKERS< CLAENING CREW> US UNEMPLOYEED PEOPLE SEE THIS AND IT SHOWS A BIG FAT RED FLAG TO US UNEMPLOYEDD PEOPEL. SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WITH OFFICE JOBS THAT ARE HIRING< TREAT ALL OF THESE RESUMES< APPLCIATIONS< PRIVATE INFORMATUON< EVEN YOUR OFFICE WORK CONFIDENTIAL is also confidential so treat each single paper that arrives on your desk as your piece of paper, treat it like it is yours.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fowler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Fri party loyalty 98
Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug 29 Seth Ashford 2
Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... Jul '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Remington Pizza King has Sex Offender Jun '14 the good one 2
Remington news Jun '14 darkknight 1
Straight talk Coverage? Apr '14 Samantha 1
•••
•••
•••

Fowler Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fowler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE