Benton County DUI death trial underway

Benton County DUI death trial underway

There are 16 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Jun 5, 2008, titled Benton County DUI death trial underway. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

A jury began hearing evidence Wednesday in the trial of a Fowler woman accused of driving drunk and killing her passenger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

Ron kincade

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2008
sorry for the loss
cymru

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 6, 2008
hypocrits
cymru

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 6, 2008
hypocrits
Michelle

United States

#4 Jun 6, 2008
This is incredibly sad. I know people who are involved with this case, and I know for a fact that all involved were highly intoxicated.
Yes, it was a horrible decision for Kara to get behind the wheel...but those 2 men chose to get into the car. It is extremely sad that there was a death. It is also extremely sad that this girl was brutally injured and will suffer from her injuries for the rest of her life. She's being punished for the rest of her life. The question then becomes: Should she spend the rest of her life in prison?
It's a sad situation.
She shouldn't have to spend the rest of her life in prison. Yes, she should be convicted of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. But I don't think that she had any wishes for Jeremy to be dead. She's living in her own personal hell.
I'll be praying for her, her family, Ismeal, his family, and Jeremy's family. This was a tragedy...everybody lost something.
Michigan

Dayton, OH

#5 Jun 8, 2008
Michelle wrote:
This is incredibly sad. I know people who are involved with this case, and I know for a fact that all involved were highly intoxicated.
Yes, it was a horrible decision for Kara to get behind the wheel...but those 2 men chose to get into the car. It is extremely sad that there was a death. It is also extremely sad that this girl was brutally injured and will suffer from her injuries for the rest of her life. She's being punished for the rest of her life. The question then becomes: Should she spend the rest of her life in prison?
It's a sad situation.
She shouldn't have to spend the rest of her life in prison. Yes, she should be convicted of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. But I don't think that she had any wishes for Jeremy to be dead. She's living in her own personal hell.
I'll be praying for her, her family, Ismeal, his family, and Jeremy's family. This was a tragedy...everybody lost something.
I agree With This Comment ! I couldnt Have said It Better Myself !
wtf

Woodridge, IL

#6 Jun 12, 2008
well michelle you are completely blind. I dont care if those boys chose to get in her car or not. How did they know how drunk she was? She took Jeremys life when he was about to be a father so she took his sons life away from him too. She murdered him plain and simple. She put him at risk by being drunk behind the wheel of a car and she wrecked and she murdered him. If she gets away with this then that is telling other people that its ok to get behind a wheel of a vehicle drunk and kill another human being because "they didnt mean to kill them" according to your own words. How would you feel if your son or daughter got into a car accident like this and died, is it ok because they chose to get into a car with someone drunk? does that make your pain go away? I personally dont know any of these people but I do know family members of jeremys and I know that Kara and her friends think this is funny. I have seen the stuff they put on myspace to Jeremys own sister. So you need to put yourself in jeremys families shoes and his babys shoes. They all lost someone dear to them and she shouldnt get punished for this. YEA RIGHT!!!
anonymous

Palos Hills, IL

#7 Jun 15, 2008
I feel anybody thats gonna get behind the wheel drunk deserves to be punished because its not just them they put in danger its also all these innocent people "
anonymous

Palos Hills, IL

#8 Jun 15, 2008
IF YOUR GONNA DRINK DO IT RESPONSIBLY AND HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER SO NO ONE GETS HURT"
RAMOS

Remington, IN

#9 Jun 19, 2008
That was my step brother, I think the whole situation is sad for all involved
RAMOS

Remington, IN

#10 Jun 19, 2008
wtf wrote:
well michelle you are completely blind. I dont care if those boys chose to get in her car or not. How did they know how drunk she was? She took Jeremys life when he was about to be a father so she took his sons life away from him too. She murdered him plain and simple. She put him at risk by being drunk behind the wheel of a car and she wrecked and she murdered him. If she gets away with this then that is telling other people that its ok to get behind a wheel of a vehicle drunk and kill another human being because "they didnt mean to kill them" according to your own words. How would you feel if your son or daughter got into a car accident like this and died, is it ok because they chose to get into a car with someone drunk? does that make your pain go away? I personally dont know any of these people but I do know family members of jeremys and I know that Kara and her friends think this is funny. I have seen the stuff they put on myspace to Jeremys own sister. So you need to put yourself in jeremys families shoes and his babys shoes. They all lost someone dear to them and she shouldnt get punished for this. YEA RIGHT!!!
im sorry but jody forgave kaira and i dont think kaira thinks its funny lets not spread rumors people
jmc

Woodridge, IL

#11 Jun 20, 2008
coming from someone that puts this all out on their myspace for us all to read!!!
Benton County Resident

Carmel, IN

#12 Jul 9, 2008
I hope that all of jeremy's family & Friends forgive this person, That will truly be the only way they will be able to move on. She will have to answer to a higher power, however here on earth, no on should be able to get away with taking a life a an innocent person. The situstion is understandable, they were all under the influence of one thing or another, but that doesnt make it okay. If she gets off with this what kind of message r we sending to other people who want to get together with friends to have a good time. WAKE UP PEOPLE, BE RESPONSIBLE, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!!!
Walley

Dayton, OH

#13 Jul 9, 2008
Was She Judged By Whether she was the Driver or Was she Judged By Her Past and Hear Say !! Imagin how many of us would be sitting in prison if we to were judged by our Past and on Hear say ! UNBELIEVABLE !......... Slander will also be judged by our higher power !
Benton County

Paducah, KY

#14 Jul 10, 2008
I feel that this is sad for all families involved, but I agree that you have to take responsibility for your actions, if she was not punished would this have happened again? Let's do think about the past, people should learn from their actions, sometimes it takes someone being extremely hurt or killed to learn.
Walley

Dayton, OH

#15 Jul 10, 2008
BS
Benton County Resident

Kokomo, IN

#16 Jul 11, 2008
If she was judged by her past then she would have got alot more time than she did. How many chances should one person get? I have seen her coming out of bars right up to when her trial started does that seem like someone who learned her lesson? She will have plenty of time to think about it now. I do hope she does learn her lesson and becomes a better person from it. People do not go to prison on hearsay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fowler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde at petro (Jan '16) Jan '16 Otrdriver 1
Colleen Courtney (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dee 1
News Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 2
News Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... (Jul '14) Jul '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
Remington Pizza King has Sex Offender (Jun '14) Jun '14 the good one 2
Remington news (Jun '14) Jun '14 darkknight 1
Straight talk Coverage? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Samantha 1

Fowler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fowler Mortgages