Fatal crash in Benton County

Fatal crash in Benton County

There are 54 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Sep 25, 2008, titled Fatal crash in Benton County. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

A 5-year-old girl has died following a crash on U.S. 52 in Benton County. Sheriff Bruce Pritchett said the accident happened just one mile south of Benton Central High School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sirduker6

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2008
This accident didn't happen south of BC.
BC Resident

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2008
These dump trucks working here in Benton Co. have little regard for the safety of our children and families. They are flying up and down the roads, heavy loads, and excessive speeds. This happens during school traffic hours. This is a tragedy that was preventable. It is surprising we have not seen more.
shadow

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2008
May GOD bless all who was involved and stregthen the family in the days to come!!!! May GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!
REST IN PEACE LITTE ONE!!!!!!!
confused

United States

#4 Sep 25, 2008
How in the world is someone slamming into the back of a dump truck the dump trucks fault. I want to know if the child was properly restrained in the car?
driver

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 25, 2008
BC Resident wrote:
These dump trucks working here in Benton Co. have little regard for the safety of our children and families. They are flying up and down the roads, heavy loads, and excessive speeds. This happens during school traffic hours. This is a tragedy that was preventable. It is surprising we have not seen more.
as always it's the dump drivers fault..I work there and know the facts on how we drive and it's not even close to what you stated...
Bless the family
relation of the following

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Sep 25, 2008
Till you know all the facts,dont assume(Confused in Noblesville)cause it could happen to anyone.At first i was told it was my daughter.Frantic and a nervous wreck,I prayed it wasnt and found her safe.Then found out it was my relation.How do you know when you live in Noblesville,how these trucks around here drive? THANK YOU.YOU DONT.So unless your one of the hundreds of trucks driving around here(most without disregard of others) focus on fixing yourself with your judgemental comments.Sage was in the backseat,i'm sure she was in a restraint.Hello,they still have possibilities of breaking.Speed limit 60mph.If dump truck pulls out on the highway cause he claimed not to of seen her.DUH there is your answer. He also admitted he was at fault.So PISS OFF!!!
stop

Portage, IN

#7 Sep 25, 2008
agreed, if you dont know what happened, then you dont need to be commenting on this, its a tragedy, a little girls life was lost, and all you guys can think of is to complain, and blame. I'm sure the Saige was in a restraint in the back seat, things happen, they dont always work, they do break. So until everyone actually knows what went on just leave it alone, like i said its a tragedy, maybe instead of finding something on here to complain about, pray for the family.
Praying for you Jess, RIP little Saige.
cage rage

West Lafayette, IN

#8 Sep 25, 2008
I dont think it is fair to place a blame on anyone. I just think our hearts and prayers should go out to sages mother and father. We all love you both.
oxtuckian

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Sep 26, 2008
I only wish to add my prayers for this family. May God hold them close to Him at this moment! amen.
Rachel

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Sep 26, 2008
i cant believe this happened to her i go to her school i do wish they are all right
JGreen

United States

#11 Sep 26, 2008
Please don't turn this horrible situation into a battle or a online fight. This is something that seems to be happening too much lately. I pray that the mother is getting better, and can stay strong for her family. She will have a long road ahead of her. She has to bury her baby, and all you want to do is throw you opinions out there, have some respect.
May God bless this family, and carry this little girl to heaven where she can watch over her family now.
unfortunate tragedy

Utica, KY

#12 Sep 26, 2008
First off... a child die... I think we should figure out if this could have been prevented. Everyone wants to place blame on others...but we need to figure out the truth before we slam everyone else...Let us all pray for the families. I live in BC and it is a horrible tragedy.. I just want to know like everyone else if this child could have been saved.
Rest in Peace Saige

West Lafayette, IN

#13 Sep 26, 2008
My heart goest out to her family. Jess, I hope and pray you get better, Saige is in heaven, Rest in Peace little one. To the rest of the family, whom I went to school with Saige's grandmother...you have my deepest sympathy...
Also, this is not a time to fight, point or accuse...leave it alone, let the police and the investigators do there jobs.
We lost a precious little girl today...
This is time for the family...
Bless you Jess, Bev!
Saige is in gods hands.
from benton central

Boswell, IN

#14 Sep 26, 2008
all of you blaming the driver.
how dare you.
this woman lost her little girl.
i know who they are.
and i know one of the siblings.
you dont know anything.
so you can **** off.

especially you confused in nobalsville.
or whatever.
notavail

Cary, IL

#16 Sep 26, 2008
and something else to respond to a few of you. Why is that every other area like major cities or industrial areas have adapted just fine to having all sorts of heavy machinery traveling up and down the rounds at all times in any situation, but for some reason BC can't adjust and get used to how major construction projects are? Stop complaining most of you cant drive to begin with trust me. So stop blaming it on those that are just doing their jobs and that doesn't just go for this incident either.
Lindsay

West Lafayette, IN

#17 Sep 26, 2008
First of all there are a number of fingers that can be pointed at everyone. The truck driver pulled out in front of her, he wasn't paying attention to oncoming traffic, etc. She was speeding, she didn't have the child restrained, she didn't hit the brake at all, she didn't move into a different lane, or she wasn't paying attention. But this is for comments after the news article and the article is not that explanatory. The real issue here is that a poor innocent child lost their life too soon because two adults may not have been paying attention and now the mother has to live with the guilt and torture without her daughter. Let's not point fingers and pray for this girl and her mother.
smc

West Lafayette, IN

#19 Sep 26, 2008
I can't believe some of the comments posted. No one should be blaming anyone. It was a tragic "accident". It doesn't do anyone any good to bad mouth people involved and worry about who is to blame. This family is dealing with a loss like you cannot imagine. I know this because I went through losing my 5 year old daughter in an auto accident 11 years ago. She was with her babysitter. But nobody in my family never once worried about whose to blame. It was a life altering accident and not something I want to see anyone go through. I hope this family finds the strentgh to cope with this tragedy. You are in my prayers!
Wow

West Lafayette, IN

#20 Sep 26, 2008
Wow- people- quit blaming and pointing fingers. We are a small county- get along for once. Who cares what Jessica was like in HS- maybe she wasn't paying attention like she should have... who really knows? She just lost her daughter- and she will have to live with that the rest of her life- whether it was her fault or not. Please just pray for her and her family and Evan's. They are going to be dealing with horrible days ahead.

Thank God for Kevin Logsdon! You are a godsend! Pray for him also- he had to see what must have been a nightmare.
someone

Chicago, IL

#22 Sep 26, 2008
I almost started crying when i heard this story!!! my best friend is that little girls cousin!! and i go to benton central!! I feel really bad because if saiges mom wasnt sppeding then that little girl could still be alive!! God bless Saige!!!! please pray for her with all your heart!!
wgo

Franklin, IN

#23 Sep 26, 2008
hmty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fowler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde at petro (Jan '16) Sep '16 Jmr 2
Remington Pizza King has Sex Offender (Jun '14) Sep '16 Iknow80 3
who is that guy (Aug '16) Aug '16 curious 1
Colleen Courtney (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dee 1
News Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 2
News Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... (Jul '14) Jul '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
Remington news (Jun '14) Jun '14 darkknight 1

Fowler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fowler Mortgages