Murdered brother was core of his family

Murdered brother was core of his family

There are 7 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 12, 2007, titled Murdered brother was core of his family. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Chris Benner doesn't know if his murdered big brother had gone to Rebecca Payne's house to help her through a hard time with her estranged husband, but he says it was typical of George Benner to offer comfort ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Barb Harper

Columbus, IN

#1 Apr 12, 2007
Thanks you for writing this article. I think it was important for people to know who George was. I was a very close friend of George and I greatly appreciated it!!
thanks again
--Barb
Kenneth Kellams

Columbus, IN

#2 Apr 12, 2007
I worked with George at FBi Buildings in the office. He was a good man with a heart of gold, a physically large gentle person who cared for others and lived that way. He was very good in the work place...very smart and effective. Nothing phony about George...he was my good friend...I miss him..my buddy "Georgie Porgie"
Diane

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Apr 12, 2007
I want to thank the Star for posting this story on George. I am a good friend of Rebecca's. I had not yet met George. I have monthly wine tastings at my house that Rebecca used to attend. I bet I would have gotten an email from her before this month's tasting, asking me if she could bring her new friend George. I know from her other friends who had the pleasure of meeting George that Rebecca really enjoyed spending time with him. I am very sad that I did not get the chance to meet him -- he sounds like a wonderful man. But I am very glad that he was able to help my friend Rebecca enjoy life again after the last few years of hardship and pain in her marriage. If it is any comfort to his family, he made her smile again, and for that, I am grateful. My prayers are with you at this difficult time. God's peace and blessing.
Brenda

AOL

#4 Apr 12, 2007
My daughter, Wendy, is married to Steve Benner. He is the youngest of the Benner family. All of the Benner brothers stood up with Steve in their wedding. Dark purple was the official color of the wedding. George found a purple ribbon and had it tied in his beard. I thought it was a funny and original idea. I will remember George as being a kind and fun loving guy. My daughter married into a very good family. I'll never understand why bad things happen to good people.
Rich

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Apr 12, 2007
Thank you for printing this article about George. It is a great account of the qualities and values by which he guided his life. He will be very missed.
Nancy

Michigan City, IN

#7 Apr 15, 2007
Knowing George thru Relay for Life was great, since I lost my dad with cancer also, I work with his brother Phil, who has a heard bigger than gold and so do the other brothers
God be with the family,
MMA

Brea, CA

#10 Apr 30, 2007
WHEN U R READING THIS DONT STOP OR SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN MY NAME IS SUMMER I AM 15 YEARS OLD i have BLONDE HAIR , SCARS no NOSE OR EARS I AM DEAD IF U DONT COPY THIS JUS LIKE FROM THE RING COPY N POST THIS ON 5 MORE SITES OR I WILL APPEAR ONE CREEPY NIGHT WEN UR NOT ExPECTING IT BY YOUR BED WITH A NIFE AND KILL U THIS IS NO JOKE SUMMET ING GOOD WILL HAPPEN TO U IF YOU POST THIS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fowler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde at petro (Jan '16) Sep '16 Jmr 2
Remington Pizza King has Sex Offender (Jun '14) Sep '16 Iknow80 3
who is that guy (Aug '16) Aug '16 curious 1
Colleen Courtney (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dee 1
News Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 2
News Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... (Jul '14) Jul '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
Remington news (Jun '14) Jun '14 darkknight 1

Fowler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fowler Mortgages