TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

In a few years , when the feds stop the program, then NC would have to pick up the cost after that time. That is the only quasi reasonable explaination for the refusal.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF, would not the state of North Carolina have to PAY that 800 million dollars back?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Yea, right!!! Like when they gave an ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax BREAK to each and every attorney in each and every law firm in the entire state of NC .
Refusing the money could be viewed as responsible IF the money had been applied to the national debt principal, but that will not happen. All it does is make NC poor the whipping boy for the republikans. That attitude is why they are the party of stupid. They are just being republikans, another word for assholes.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds as someone is FINALLY being fiscally responsible!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Swanson wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,$84OO a year. That's what the taxpayers are paying degenerates on an SSI "Combo From Sambo" Retard/Nut/Lazy Checks every year and more. Lifetime fraudsters like you know a lot about fraud and bilking the taxpayers.
Yeah, forget the fact that someone would work a quarter of a century, that's 25 years for a numbnutlike....how old are you?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I agree that the free phones carry the nanny state thing too far.
The legislature refusing the federal money has nothing to do with the phones.
The NC legislature refusing the federal money DOES NOT SAVE THE USA ONE CENT because it will be spent somewhere else. Refusing the money does hurt NC and it does eliminate money that our hard pressed poor people could certainly use to good benefit. Refusing the money and hurting only our own citizens does not hurt democrats or Obama. It does illustrate the republikan mentality or should I say, the lack thereof. Its the same kind of thinking that would motivate Caldwell republikans to give out millions of free money to millionaires and then throw a poor hungry child's school lunch in the trash because she was 10 cents short of being able to pay. <quoted text>
Who are the mega buck people you are speaking of, I need those guys to come into the store. I have never seen any "million" dollar people. I thought they all went broke in Caldwell Co. and closed up shop.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, right!!! Like when they gave an ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax BREAK to each and every attorney in each and every law firm in the entire state of NC .
Refusing the money could be viewed as responsible IF the money had been applied to the national debt principal, but that will not happen. All it does is make NC poor the whipping boy for the republikans. That attitude is why they are the party of stupid. They are just being republikans, another word for assholes.
Oh.....you mean like the great spending job Beverly Purdue did. See below a short list of her prioritized spending. This was just for the fiscal year of 2009-2010.

$1.1 million for the executive aircraft division

$10 million to subsidize in-state tuition for out-of-state scholarship athletes

$2.9 million for the North Carolina symphony

$11.1 million for “tourism, film and sport development”

$9.4 million for marine fisheries research

$4.7 million for a “special zoo fund,” a “grassroots initiative” sponsored by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and the “adopt-a-trail” program

$8.6 million for the NC Arts Council
$1.1 million for the botanical garden at UNC-Chapel Hill

$252,000 for the “cemetery commission”

$563,000 for the Ergonomics Center at N.C. State

Not mention that in the midst of a recession and one of the largest budget deficits in state history, lawmakers adopted $1.1 billion in new taxes in order to help balance the budget.

Are you kidding me. You don't raise the tax rate and hope that these politicians will spend the money where it should be spent. YOU REDUCE SPENDING!!!

There is no revenue problem, there is spending problem.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.....you mean like the great spending job Beverly Purdue did. See below a short list of her prioritized spending. This was just for the fiscal year of 2009-2010.
$4.7 million for a “special zoo fund,” a “grassroots initiative” sponsored by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and the “adopt-a-trail” program
Not mention that in the midst of a recession and one of the largest budget deficits in state history, lawmakers adopted $1.1 billion in new taxes in order to help balance the budget.
Are you kidding me. You don't raise the tax rate and hope that these politicians will spend the money where it should be spent. YOU REDUCE SPENDING!!!
trust me on this...you need the marine fisheries thing...
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Specifically,for instance, I am talking about the CEO of Broyhill (FBI), Jeff Cook, who got $2,000,000 of the $4,000,000 given to Broyhill, compliments of taxpayers and their ass kissing commsssioners.
emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Who are the mega buck people you are speaking of, I need those guys to come into the store. I have never seen any "million" dollar people. I thought they all went broke in Caldwell Co. and closed up shop.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>Oh.....you mean like the great spending job Beverly Purdue did. See below a short list of her prioritized spending. This was just for the fiscal year of 2009-2010.

Here here

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, right!!! Like when they gave an ADDITIONAL $50,000 tax BREAK to each and every attorney in each and every law firm in the entire state of NC .
Run! Everyone run! Another democrat on the loose playing the blame game!!!
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Unfortunately,most of the "entitlements" ARE about making the rich richer.$1,200,000,000,000 (that is 1.2 trillion ) total last year went to entitlements for the rich while $800 billion total went to the poor. For the math challenged, a few thousand rich persons got 50% more welfare from the government than the sum total of over 40 million poor.
I agree that we can no longer afford these entitlements, especially those to the rich.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you to say what someone else needs?
Cutting entitlements isn't about making the rich richer, that's absurd. It's about taking the power away from govt and putting it back into the hands of those that need help and allowing them to use that power to rise from poverty.
can help

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
I live in the trenches.According to the govt.I live in poverty.So, of course, almost everyone I know gets a govt.check, plus food stamps.Of the twenty two people here that I know get govt.checks, nineteen of them are drug addicts.Most of their money and food stamps go to support their habits.
dude post your address and i'll send some gift cards. seriously. i don't like hearing about people in poverty.
Swanson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, forget the fact that someone would work a quarter of a century, that's 25 years for a numbnutlike....how old are you?
Yeah, fat ass. I understand why whales like you can't work, too busy stuffing your pie hole and sitting on your lazy nasty ugly fat ass by a computer all day. Some life, must be rough carrying all that tonnage around, that's a handicap. Your nitwit lain brain queer boyfriend working for 25 years? Damn fugly flabby, someone got ripped off allowing the idiot to loiter around for a quarter century. Hey fat bitch, the number 25 does match your retard's IQ and the amount of tons you weigh.
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Naturally, I would not expect a republikan to recognize that the spending you listed helps all people in the state while the tax breaks for lawyers helps only individuals.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Not really blame, just realism. Republikans are the party of stupid and corruption. So who is surprised when they are corrupt and stupid? Oh, you are one of them? It figures.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Run! Everyone run! Another democrat on the loose playing the blame game!!!

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

can help wrote:
<quoted text>
dude post your address and i'll send some gift cards. seriously. i don't like hearing about people in poverty.
I'm not in poverty.I just ain't rich.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Specifically,for instance, I am talking about the CEO of Broyhill (FBI), Jeff Cook, who got $2,000,000 of the $4,000,000 given to Broyhill, compliments of taxpayers and their ass kissing commsssioners.
Isn't this the story of when dumbass commissioners gave a total of $4 million to Broyhill when they threatened to move the company? After the money was received they laid workers off most of the workers and basically gutted the business.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>Naturally, I would not expect a republikan to recognize that the spending you listed helps all people in the state while the tax breaks for lawyers helps only individuals.
How does $1.1 million for the UNC botanical garden help everyone in the state? That is quite the broad brush you paint with.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

All this bashing you Republicans have given to the ACLU all these years calling them communists and partisan hacks for Democrats........ and now they are married to The Tea Party....LOL

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
How does $1.1 million for the UNC botanical garden help everyone in the state? That is quite the broad brush you paint with.
It is putting Negroes and Mexicans to work in legitimate paying jobs and getting them off the Welfare roles. Just want you wanted.

“Breaking the spell”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
All I heard the Ruler say was, "uh, uh, spend, spend, uh, spend, spend, spend, uh, uh, spend, spend, uh, uh, uh,....."
I thought Rubio's rebuttal was spot on!
In other words, you heard what you wished to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Four Oaks Discussions

Search the Four Oaks Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fast Lube Oil Change & Lubricating Service Jul 28 laker 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Four Oaks, NC (Jan '11) Jul 3 Sandy 3
Review: Outlaw Rodeo Company Jun '14 Scammed also 5
old friends (Nov '12) May '14 Chelley 2
Whitman family still asking for prayers: church... (Nov '09) May '14 Ashley 2
Selma Apr '14 Lake Tech 1
White has parole hearing after serving 11 years (Jun '06) Apr '14 gloria 91
•••
•••