Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonatha...

Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonathan Burns

There are 47 comments on the KFYI-AM Phoenix story from Apr 9, 2007, titled Seeking the Death Penalty for Jonathan Burns. In it, KFYI-AM Phoenix reports that:

Jonathan Ian Burns, 25, is accused of killing Jackie Hartman, 19, after she agreed to go out on a date with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFYI-AM Phoenix.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Decatur, GA

#1 Apr 9, 2007
but they'll end up with life w/o parole.

Tempe, AZ

#2 Aug 6, 2007
My best friend was supposed to go on a date with him that night so I support giving him the chair.

“another lame prez-dems & reps”

Since: Jul 07

tempe, az.

#3 Aug 6, 2007
i can hear the "right to life" people complaining about the death penalty already.

why should someone who commits murder sit in jail for the rest of his/her life?

they obviously didn't care enough for the person they MURDERED!!!

murderers should pay the ultimate penalty - they should not be living themselves.

do you really think that the prison system will reform them??

to do what? become citizens of society again?

bring back the wild west, maybe people would think twice about committing criminal acts.

scum like this should not breed either.

that family tree needs it's branches trimmed.
Nicole - Phoenix

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2008
I agree with Chuck. If you murder someone you should not be allowed to live. I think our Government should be like Egypt- What you do to someone, the exact same gets done to you, You break their arm your arm gets broken, etc.- Obviously she shouldn't have gone but people can be very manipulative.

Also, I read today that some states are going to release some inmates EARLIER than their release date is. So even if this guy doesnt get the needle or chair, he'll be back out in probably about 10 years. something needs done. someone needs to take control. someone needs to get the death penalty allowed in ALL states.

Gilbert, AZ

#5 Jun 9, 2008
Let him burn! he took the life of a beautiful young girl, they let him go once, this time they should put him in the ground

Tempe, AZ

#6 Jul 24, 2008
I think he should be stoned to death by all those who he hurt. Slow and painful just like the search for her body was. Seeing her dad walk the highway looking for his daughters body was the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen. I love her and I miss her.
Nadine Jackie H Aunt

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jul 24, 2008
bree wrote:
My best friend was supposed to go on a date with him that night so I support giving him the chair.
Feel very fortunate she didn't. It could have been her instead of my niece. Jackie and I grew up together. She was only 4 years younger than me. If I could have it my way and my familie's way, we would handle his punishment ourselves. Unfortunately we can't. If it wasn't for him our Jackie would still be here. We miss her so much.
Suzanne Jackies Aunt

Woodbridge, VA

#8 Aug 22, 2008
Nadine is right, we (the family) are hurting so much inside, because we miss her so much. I would also like to see a change in the system we have now. I would like to see us free up some money for the people who are rehab-able and dust these hay burnin bastards eating and surviving on my dang taxes. Life in Prison? NO WAY Life w/o paroll is back to the dust from wence you came! Can you imagine all of the bodies that plan would produce? However how much money would we save for much needed pay increases for these guards who have to put up with these people, and more safe facilities to house the criminals? I also think they should undo their "jewels" so they cant have more. Maybe even find a way to impose E.D.(erectile disfuction) so they cant even hump each other in there. HMMMM thats an idea. Imagine if we could impose E. D.? we could do that to these sex offenders and then maybe they will think about doing something constructive, instead of hurting our flippen kids! Theres an idea. I am so sick of taking care of criminals I just wanna puke! why not let them go without medical attn? We have to keep them healthy?-Lifers- Suffer and Die! Thats what prison should be. Maybe the stench from that will envoke some realism. I like the Egyptian idea too but only for adults. We have to be careful with that stuff! Accidents happen too. purposely hurting children is no accident. I think I have ranted enough. Yup I am pissed off. I am waiting for the pain of this dang trial to start, its going to be really hard. I have waited a long time to hear some sort of explaination for this violent crime. So I can try to accept what has become of my sister-in-law and her wonderful husband, and Jackies sisters. All of us(Grandmas, Aunts,Uncles, friends etc.)-Suzanne
Jay Lawrence

United States

#9 Nov 16, 2008
I am sorry with what has happened to your family. I have known jonathan burns for a very long time. My father is married to his mother. I have never liked there family and also never got along with him. his mother was the reson i joined the military. I am in Iraq right now and am wondering if he got what he has coming to him. can some one plz fill me in on how the hearing went. i hope he got the death penalty. my e-mail is [email protected]
plz some one fill me in and once again i am so sorry. i would not wish what happened on my worst enemy----Jay

United States

#10 Jan 14, 2009
Jay, what is your father's name?

Malvern, PA

#11 Feb 22, 2010
Phoenix wrote:
Jays fathers name is Clayton Lawrence...

Casa Grande, AZ

#12 Apr 8, 2010
bree wrote:
my name is Bree too- but I am a victim.
My sister
is Jackie Hartman

Casa Grande, AZ

#13 Apr 8, 2010
Phoenix wrote:
my father is David Hartman

United States

#14 May 27, 2010
e-mail me at [email protected]

#15 Dec 16, 2010
I met David and his wife and other daughters during the search, I took time away from work to search for 17 days straight. I was maybe one of four guys who were able to actively stay connected to the search. The hurt this man caused the Hartman family is inexcusable as this guy is the scum of the earth, he did something so horrible and disgusting that no family should ever have to go through. I attended the funural and tried to support the Hartman family in there time of need.
I was also involved in Jackies Foundation in tribute to her character, spirit and dreams so it has been real great getting to know and honor Jackie. I hope that scumbag Jonathan Burns "Burns in Hell" David I hope you and your family find peace and some sense of hope through all this! Your friend in Las Vegas, Nevada!!!!!
Keith DePriest Phoenix AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Dec 19, 2010
I wish we could return to public hanging, and sell tickets to help pay for the court cost.
I would pay to see Burns swing!
Keith DePriest Phoenix AZ

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Dec 20, 2010
I too helped in the search for Jackie.
I'm a step brother to her uncle Terry.
May Burns swing from the Gallows Of Hell !
Ed s

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Feb 27, 2011
While Burns may deserve to burn in hell at the hands of the capital punishment system, there are the occassional innocent folks who get it too. So to advocate the vast majority of guilty scum get the needle, is to advocate the few innocent do as well. Isn't the American justice system supposed to be about protections of the weak? And before you claim that Jackie was the weaker and not protected, that's also not relevant. The justice system wasn't put in a place to protect her, she could have carried a gun and protected herself and wouldn't that have been nice; the Arizona legal system provides that right/protection for her. At this point all the AZ justice system can do is to seek retribution for her and that won't protect her. Do we want to send the very occassional Ray krone to death row and perhaps execute them for the sake of vengeance?
I'm really sorry for Jackie and all the numerous victims who were deeply affected by this horror and will take as fact the finding of the jury and assume he had a fair trial, but to call for the heads of everyone, guilty and innocent alike is to be as barbaric as the very man you call...... barbaric.
Playing God

United States

#19 Feb 27, 2011
When did any of you become god? If u think he did it and you want him put to death how are you any better! YOU'RE NOT! No one knows what went down that night other than the people there! So to put a person to death on speculation is no better than the crime you say he did!
Ed s

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Feb 27, 2011
Playing God, who are you replying to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was Henkel a good company while in Scottsdale? 9 hr Robtard 1
News Ask Ken: 'Cheyenne' star Clint Walker still sta... (Feb '11) 13 hr JoCy 12
News Ariz. posse to round up illegal immigrants (May '06) Thu taxpayer 4
News Cain says he won't drop out of GOP race (Nov '11) Oct 17 Peaceful graveyard 270
Tempe Windshield repair and Auto glass replacement Oct 14 kit 2
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Oct 14 West Side VHWL 39 2,111
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee-Stalling problems! (Feb '08) Oct 10 Anonymous 340

Fountain Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fountain Hills Mortgages