Mountainside Fitness - Gilbert

Posted in the Fountain Hills Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OSA

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Jun 6, 2009
I am just curious, did those of you who went to check out the new Mountainside Fitness that was just opened in Gilbert find their prices overboard? Or is it just me? It is $5 more expensive than Lifetime and they offer way less. And even though I don't care about those extras in LT(pools, salons etc), at least I know where the money goes...What a bummer. I was so exited about this place...

“IT's ME AGAIN”

Since: Dec 08

Laramie

#2 Jun 10, 2009
I joined Mountainside Fitness in February & you think they would have mentioned the closing of their location at Warner & Cooper - but NO!

I was able to walk to this location. Now they tell me I have to go to their new location on the 202 & according to their CEO, it is only a 6 minute drive (if you have a F-14 maybe).

No wonder why America now hates CEOs! What is wrong with being honest? I personally, WILL NOT RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP! I will instead continue training at the Arizona Hombu in martial arts & Tai Chi ( http://ArizonaKarate.webs.com ) and the heck with Mountainside.

And yes, I totally agree with OSA. This new location is pretty with bells & whistles, but is smaller than their 'former' Cooper-Warner location & has fewer stations, very difficult parking access & now we get to share with members from two different Mountainside locations. Mr. CEO, shove your Mountainside location right up your 6 minute drive!
OSA

Gilbert, AZ

#3 Jun 10, 2009
DukeO, FYI. The gym I worked out at didn't give us any notice and sold our memberships to another gym that is like 8 miles ago. READ your contract! You may not be able to get out of it that easily!

What happened to me, well of us, they required a 30 days notice prior my billing date. And since they offered me an alternative they were still billing me every month. Took me 5 months of fighting with them. And don't forget you probably prepaid your last month that you are gonna lose now.
WOW

Gilbert, AZ

#4 Jun 11, 2009
Thanks for the heads up OSA. I know of 6 people that had the same thing happen at GOLD's Gym. Luckily, I paid Mountainside with a check - didn't trust them (and that was a wise decision). No wonder why the Mountainside CEO drives such a fast and fancy car.
OSA is bad with numbers

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Jul 31, 2009
OSA I am a longtime member of Mountainside and LOVE the place. Numbers must not be your thing because their gym on Warner was only 25,000sq feet and the new one on the 202 is 42,000sq feet. Not smaller like you stated. Also, Lifetime's cheapest membership is $59 per month and Mountainsides most expensive rate is $41 per month. Mountainside is not more its actually $18 less a month. It must be tough for you to get through life only having a preschool education level.
OSA is bad with numbers

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jul 31, 2009
OSA I am a longtime member of Mountainside and LOVE the place. Numbers must not be your thing because their gym on Warner was only 25,000sq feet and the new one on the 202 is 42,000sq feet. Not smaller like you stated. Also, Lifetime's cheapest membership is $59 per month and Mountainsides most expensive rate is $41 per month. Mountainside is not more its actually $18 less a month. It must be tough for you to get through life only having a preschool education level.
OSA wrote:
I am just curious, did those of you who went to check out the new Mountainside Fitness that was just opened in Gilbert find their prices overboard? Or is it just me? It is $5 more expensive than Lifetime and they offer way less. And even though I don't care about those extras in LT(pools, salons etc), at least I know where the money goes...What a bummer. I was so exited about this place...

“IT's ME AGAIN”

Laramie

#7 Aug 13, 2009
The new Mountainside Fitness center may have more square footage, but less usable space - many walls, a home theater (Isn't that great - I go there to work out not watch movies), and massage room take up space that use to be occupied by weights and jogging machines. Count the machines (the ones that still work) and compare! But this is not the only problem. WE were told that it was only a 6 minute drive from Warner-Cooper - BS! I couldn't cover that distance in a F16 in 6 minutes. I use to walk to the gym and now I waste more than 30 minutes of driving - I am not impressed and will not continue membership (as apparently is true of most members as it seems the crowd is dwindling dramatically). At the least, MS could have been was honest instead of telling us about the move a week before they closed the gym on Warner. And what about remodling Cooper-Warner - its already the middle of August and nothing is being done. Honesty goes a long was. People are getting FED up with being lied to by merchants and Politicians. Have a wonderful time with your empty gym.
OSA is bad with numbers

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Aug 14, 2009
Dukeo- I was there last night and it was packed. Not sure what you are talking about dwindeling numbers. The membership person told me they already have 6,000 members, are signing up 300 new a month and will cap at 7,000. So I am actually glad youare going somewhere else. Now a normal and not so unhappy person can join in your place. Its sad you cant move past the 6 minutes thing. Someone(yes you) is very self important and never makes a mistake. Good luck at your new gym. I'm guessing you are more of an oldschool roid guy anyway. Not really Mountainside's type of client.
DukeO wrote:
The new Mountainside Fitness center may have more square footage, but less usable space - many walls, a home theater (Isn't that great - I go there to work out not watch movies), and massage room take up space that use to be occupied by weights and jogging machines. Count the machines (the ones that still work) and compare! But this is not the only problem. WE were told that it was only a 6 minute drive from Warner-Cooper - BS! I couldn't cover that distance in a F16 in 6 minutes. I use to walk to the gym and now I waste more than 30 minutes of driving - I am not impressed and will not continue membership (as apparently is true of most members as it seems the crowd is dwindling dramatically). At the least, MS could have been was honest instead of telling us about the move a week before they closed the gym on Warner. And what about remodling Cooper-Warner - its already the middle of August and nothing is being done. Honesty goes a long was. People are getting FED up with being lied to by merchants and Politicians. Have a wonderful time with your empty gym.
skunked

AOL

#9 Aug 30, 2009
I joined mountain side 1 year ago and was told that they had a 2 for 1 membership (9/1/2008)and if I renewed within 30 days of expiration it would be at the current rate I have been paying, now they informed us that the company is not makeing enough money and cannot uphold that agreement. Skunked again !!!
Global Warming Fraud

Gilbert, AZ

#10 Sep 14, 2009
HEy Albuquerque NM - Just like all of the other arrogant liberals - not only can't you count, you like to spout off fictious numbers related to a facility far, far away. 300 a month does not match -218 (which is what Mountainside is taking in new membership here). Stick to managing your trivial Mountainside facility in Albuquerque and stay out of Arizona - besides, at this rate, they will soon close your facility too. Obviously you were out smoking weed and couldn't tell if you were in a bar or a gym.

Last several times I was in Mountainside, it was pleasantly quiet and I actually counted - we had 7 last Tuesday, 15 on Thursday, and 27 on Sunday (a free day). Too bad you pot heads are out screwing up the economy that you didn't get a chance to take math in school.
OSA is bad with numbers wrote:
Dukeo- I was there last night and it was packed. Not sure what you are talking about dwindeling numbers. The membership person told me they already have 6,000 members, are signing up 300 new a month and will cap at 7,000. So I am actually glad youare going somewhere else. Now a normal and not so unhappy person can join in your place. Its sad you cant move past the 6 minutes thing. Someone(yes you) is very self important and never makes a mistake. Good luck at your new gym. I'm guessing you are more of an oldschool roid guy anyway. Not really Mountainside's type of client.
<quoted text>
Skunked

Gilbert, AZ

#11 Sep 14, 2009
Same happened to me - it would be nice if a few of these gyms could be trusted - whatever happened to ethics in running a company?
skunked wrote:
I joined mountain side 1 year ago and was told that they had a 2 for 1 membership (9/1/2008)and if I renewed within 30 days of expiration it would be at the current rate I have been paying, now they informed us that the company is not makeing enough money and cannot uphold that agreement. Skunked again !!!
john

Chicago, IL

#12 Jun 29, 2010
Sounds like you work at Mountain side
LAB

Denver, CO

#13 Aug 25, 2010
They are closing the locations in Colorado as well and one of the centers was only given a week's notice...memberships were transferred to a parks and recreation district which is much smaller and no way can accomodate 3,500 members. Because it's not another mountainside location, is the contract null and void?

“IT's ME AGAIN”

Laramie

#14 Aug 29, 2010
Hey, nothing like management kissing their own butt. Are you the same jerk who reported the drive from the old to the new Mountainside was only 6 minutes after misinforming all members that you were closing the Warner-Cooper Mountainside temporarily? With that lie, you expect to have any credibility numbers.

You are right, you lost not only me as a customer, but several others - I found a much nicer gym with people who appreciate my money - the Fitness Factory. If I had a manager like you, you would have been fired.
<quoted text>
DEL

Tempe, AZ

#15 Sep 7, 2010
I not only got hosed once but twice by Mr. THOMAS HATTEN.

1st he closes the Warner location with no warning.
2nd he then raises my rates, I supposedly had a lifetime membership of $19 a month then he raises it to I think $35 so I just told Mountainside to shove it and went else where.
Fitness Factory CLOSED

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Sep 24, 2010
All the Fitness Factory's closed and without warning. I guess the nice new gym you found didn't workout so well. Just sayn!
DukeO wrote:
Hey, nothing like management kissing their own butt. Are you the same jerk who reported the drive from the old to the new Mountainside was only 6 minutes after misinforming all members that you were closing the Warner-Cooper Mountainside temporarily? With that lie, you expect to have any credibility numbers.
You are right, you lost not only me as a customer, but several others - I found a much nicer gym with people who appreciate my money - the Fitness Factory. If I had a manager like you, you would have been fired.
<quoted text>
muscle man

Gilbert, AZ

#18 Oct 15, 2010
fitness factory was a nice gym. but yes they also closed without telling anyone. All the gym are the same dont pay with a credit card pay month to month . If they say no then screw them and go some where else.
Matthew Renner

Chandler, AZ

#19 Nov 12, 2011
Be careful consumers! I've been burned by gym and after gym closing their doors.

These guys seem like they are not going anywhere, but I heard from a friend they were not paying rent and facing a default. After much research, here is the court case - CV2011-099346

http://www.su periorcou...

Do your own research and make your own conclusions. It's all public record.
Trojuan

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Mar 23, 2012
Yes, they did the same thing to me..........I have it in writing and they can not honor it. Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
skunked wrote:
Simpson

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Mar 23, 2012
Me 2,$19 a month was awesome, than bumped me without telling me to $35
DEL wrote:
I not only got hosed once but twice by Mr. THOMAS HATTEN.
1st he closes the Warner location with no warning.
2nd he then raises my rates, I supposedly had a lifetime membership of $19 a month then he raises it to I think $35 so I just told Mountainside to shove it and went else where.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 12 hr Norman VN 1
News Arizona poll worker: System blocked some ballot... Jul 24 jay23 4
Polish white trash Jul 23 HA HA HA 13
News Ask Ken: 'Cheyenne' star Clint Walker still sta... (Feb '11) Jul 23 truth 11
News Latino, Immigrant Activists to Protest All Trum... Apr '16 wild child 1
News Protesters Risk Helping Donald Trump By Escalat... Apr '16 wild child 1
News Donald Trump Protestor Detained By Immigrations... Mar '16 Will 1

Fountain Hills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fountain Hills Mortgages