Police chase turns deadly in Nesqueho...

Police chase turns deadly in Nesquehoning

There are 72 comments on the Times News story from May 13, 2014, titled Police chase turns deadly in Nesquehoning. In it, Times News reports that:

The crash, involved a police officer from the Nesquehoning police department, happened around 6:30 p.m. on Route 209 in Nesquehoning, 1.5 miles north of the Route 93 intersection.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mike M

Lehighton, PA

#1 May 13, 2014
These gun-ho Nesquehoning cops have now seen what losers they are !
Nesquehoning Resident

Lehighton, PA

#2 May 13, 2014
Maybe now someone will start paying some attention to that old man who was accused by the cops of chasing customers out of Redners. Who was accused of roughing up that feeble old man?Do you think maybe the chief and his wife ought to volunteer to take a lie test. Barna ought to make the cops an offer. I'll take a lie test if the four cops involved and the chief's wife submit to one too
Nesquehoning Resident

Lehighton, PA

#3 May 14, 2014
I noticed a Beaver Meadows cop was among the police officers involved in the story on the speeding cop who lost control of his car and caused the fatal accident. I talked to a driver who said just about the time of this accident a Beaver Meadows police car passed him at a very high rate of speed chasing a car on top of the Broad Mt heading toward Nesquehoning.
figures

Sunbury, PA

#4 May 14, 2014
lawsuit time.

higher taxes for nesq residents cause of pay out

more cops giving tickets to make the money back
3CHAINS

Lehighton, PA

#5 May 14, 2014
a life was taken, someone need to be held responsable
Nesq resident

Lehighton, PA

#6 May 14, 2014
People seem to be jumping to conclusions re the Nesquehoninf police officer involved in the fatal accident. He was slammed at the McAdoo council meeting and on WNEP. Maybe we should wait for the state police study and report. The kind of conduct being talked about is more common from a different Nesquehoning part time cop.
Ba Ba Booey

Meadville, PA

#7 May 14, 2014
Nesq resident wrote:
People seem to be jumping to conclusions re the Nesquehoninf police officer involved in the fatal accident. He was slammed at the McAdoo council meeting and on WNEP. Maybe we should wait for the state police study and report. The kind of conduct being talked about is more common from a different Nesquehoning part time cop.
You sound like a guy who believes in the Easter Bunny.Look around,the Lansford police are hiding in the bushes East of town waiting for a speeder coming into town,the Tamaqua police are hiding behind the old Maff motors trying to pull in a buck.All these broke towns send the police out every morning and tell them get some money and that's just what the idiot from Nesquehoning was doing.Now all that money will go for higher insurance rates and settlements.The State police will try to whitewash this mess but a good lawyer will have their azzsses
Catty street resident

Lehighton, PA

#8 May 14, 2014
The state police won't try to hide the truth. They could not even if they wanted to. Many of us saw the Nesqy police car race up East Catty. Others saw the police cars chasing a speeder on the Broad heading to Route 209. In addition the whole town has been talking for months about the wrongs of our part time cops. Add to all that the continuing disputes between the council factions over the chief. Then there is the improper handling of releases to the paper. The new Mayor will have lots of problems and the old mayor is still alive and well..
Anonymous

Lincolnton, NC

#9 May 14, 2014
so sad
An out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#10 May 15, 2014
This is getting insane!!! I know of the officer in Beaver Meadows and this cop is the son of the District Justice!!! Both are two officers that have lost the true meaning of policing!!! It is not harass your ass and do as I wish due to having a tin shield on the chest!! This is getting nuts with these part time officers being so young out of the academy!!! What needs to be done here is fire the chief as well due to his in ability to control an officer on the street!!!!!! He needs to go right now!!! You have one needless death on your watch chief what do you need another? And disciplining him now is too late some one is dead now!!!
Blinders On

Palmerton, PA

#11 May 15, 2014
Just the part timers ? C'mon take off the blinders. I've seen Briner go like a bat out of hell many a time. Can't say much for the other one. Wutke ? And we all know it ain't the chief flying in the wind. He don't leave the office much. Unless its for a pic in the paper. They all need to be roped in. All of the towns.
Ba Ba Booey

Meadville, PA

#12 May 15, 2014
An out of state cop wrote:
This is getting insane!!! I know of the officer in Beaver Meadows and this cop is the son of the District Justice!!! Both are two officers that have lost the true meaning of policing!!! It is not harass your ass and do as I wish due to having a tin shield on the chest!! This is getting nuts with these part time officers being so young out of the academy!!! What needs to be done here is fire the chief as well due to his in ability to control an officer on the street!!!!!! He needs to go right now!!! You have one needless death on your watch chief what do you need another? And disciplining him now is too late some one is dead now!!!
Academy? Only requirement that I know of is they must take a Act 235 lethal weapons training course to get hired.Maybe you know other training that is required but whatever it is it isn't working around here.These guys need two things besides weapon training,a IQ test and a psychological test before they're hired
Barney Miller

Detroit, MI

#13 May 15, 2014
Doesn't council hire the police, why is it the chief's responsibility? Also the mayor oversees the police department where was the last mayor on this guy?
a out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#14 May 15, 2014
Ba Ba Booey wrote:
<quoted text>
Academy? Only requirement that I know of is they must take a Act 235 lethal weapons training course to get hired.Maybe you know other training that is required but whatever it is it isn't working around here.These guys need two things besides weapon training,a IQ test and a psychological test before they're hired
to respond to this... the act is 120 not 235.. it is a 700 plus hour academy that is required by the state... a psychological is required... and med exam... and some areas a polygraph as well.. this is required for a blue card which is their certification... not the pink card for Act 235...

the courses are law, EVOC, defensive tactics, how to deal with domestics and the law involving them, firearms, and more... I was a PA officer till I woke up and moved out of Commonwealth of PA. too much BS and ignorance!!!

The state police might come up with a case but it is your District Attorney who will handle it if it was to be filed!!! And being that this officer is in the Political Network!!! I doubt it!!!
out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#15 May 15, 2014
Mike M wrote:
These gun-ho Nesquehoning cops have now seen what losers they are !
With this happening too often now Chief's now need to be held responsible for not controlling their troops!!!! Fire the Chief, charge the officer, and revamp the hiring policies!!!!!! too many young cops are thinking they are above the law!!!!!! it is not like how it was years ago!!!
out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#16 May 15, 2014
Barney Miller wrote:
Doesn't council hire the police, why is it the chief's responsibility? Also the mayor oversees the police department where was the last mayor on this guy?
well it is the chief's responsibility as per MOPETC to ensure that the department is functioning as a lawful unit. certifications, field training, and to file UCR reports.. he is the operations manager of the agency.. the mayor is in control due to police being under the executive branch of government as per borough and commonwealth code!!! in townships with a supervisor system it is up to the delegated police committee member!!! the chief is his primary supervisor the mayor dictates to the chief what to do!!!! you must be a chief of police or OIC Barney to get upset about this!!
chiefs should have to take first line supervisors training and administrators training like the require in other states.. PA does not require that!! so Joe Shmoe can be a chief with no background!!! like a 29 year old sheriff with less than 4 years on the job in Luzerne County.. what does he know about the operations of an agency!!!
Get real

Lehighton, PA

#17 May 15, 2014
Maybe this should be a new topic. Should the local cops be equipped with radar guns? Is Heffley, Knowles, and Argall in favor or oppose this when it comes to a vote in Harrisburg?
Barney Miller

Detroit, MI

#18 May 15, 2014
out of state cop wrote:
<quoted text>well it is the chief's responsibility as per MOPETC to ensure that the department is functioning as a lawful unit. certifications, field training, and to file UCR reports.. he is the operations manager of the agency.. the mayor is in control due to police being under the executive branch of government as per borough and commonwealth code!!! in townships with a supervisor system it is up to the delegated police committee member!!! the chief is his primary supervisor the mayor dictates to the chief what to do!!!! you must be a chief of police or OIC Barney to get upset about this!!
chiefs should have to take first line supervisors training and administrators training like the require in other states.. PA does not require that!! so Joe Shmoe can be a chief with no background!!! like a 29 year old sheriff with less than 4 years on the job in Luzerne County.. what does he know about the operations of an agency!!!
Thanks for the education, but in my little town up North everything is run by a few elected officials, people are not left to do their job. From what I am hearing this town and most in Carbon/Luzerne are run the same way.
out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#19 May 15, 2014
Barney Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the education, but in my little town up North everything is run by a few elected officials, people are not left to do their job. From what I am hearing this town and most in Carbon/Luzerne are run the same way.
I was an OIC of a town in Luzerne county and left the agency because of a mayor and council who interfered and had keys to the police offices.. I worked for another where the mayor had a key to the evidence locker... they don't know their place in the spectrum and that is what causes instances like this.. your not hired for what you know but who you know!!!
out of state cop

Hyattsville, MD

#20 May 15, 2014
Get real wrote:
Maybe this should be a new topic. Should the local cops be equipped with radar guns? Is Heffley, Knowles, and Argall in favor or oppose this when it comes to a vote in Harrisburg?
ARE you nuts!!!!!!!! they would hire more part time officers to be all over the place with them!! VASCAR is fine!!! it would be used like a cash cow!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min cathy1691823 1,419,411
News Allentown litigants owe no apologies : The Morn... (May '07) 1 hr silly rabbit 10
News The sweet taste of BBQ is on the way to Allento... 1 hr silly rabbit 3
News Allentown man nabbed in second drug raid in 6 w... 15 hr silly rabbit 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 18 hr zef 311,625
News 'Vampire' flees from justice (Apr '08) 18 hr Heather Graham Cr... 16
News Jerry Snyder, former Lehigh DA, tapped to be ci... (Mar '07) Fri silly rabbit 2

Fountain Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fountain Hill Mortgages