Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1617229 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Amazed

Ocoee, FL

#657265 Jun 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
It's akin to a Court Room tactic during a Legal Procedure.
The Attorney throws out information, in the guise of or couched in the form of a question < for the jury's benefit >, and even if it is objected to and sustained, that information is already planted in the jurors' minds. Like opening Pandora's Box, can't take it back. It's a very slick move considering The Attorney is not really seeking or expecting an answer and already knows it will be objected, sustained, stricken from the record and the jurors are instructed to disregard the question/information.
Yeah, slick Willy.
<quoted text>
You just answered your own question from last night. You know the one you did not what to talk about but did.

Patriot Act.....Pandora's Box
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#657266 Jun 6, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you explain the fact that a high percentage of government union members in Wisconsin have opted out of membership when given the choice???...
are you against "choice"???...
I don't much care for unions. Never have.

Also don't much care for employers who walk all over the employees.

Catch 22.
Nobama

United States

#657267 Jun 6, 2012
Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very simple, they like the benefits of a union, but can get it for free.
what benefits???...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#657268 Jun 6, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
nah nah.. nah nah...nah nah... nah nah...hey hey hey...goodbye!
ps
44 states, 400+ electoral votes, filibuster proof senate...President Reagan...repeat victory..Carter....1980 landslide
Heard the same noise first time around.

Rush is still an idiot.
Nobama

United States

#657269 Jun 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Money wins. This has been shown over & over in that the candidate the spends the most typically wins.
Republicans think this is the way for our country to decide elections. Allow a few wealthy people pick our politicians.
Proof is that the Republicans went with the Republican Party leadership pick & the money men pick.
Money bought Romney his primary win.
I guarantee that among all you right wingers posting here, Romney was not their pick. But like the sheep you are, you all Romney people now.
the Wisconsin victory was a case of public revulsion at naked union power...

Obama is the fund-raising King of all-time...

but it won't matter....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#657270 Jun 6, 2012
Meet The Romney Birthers

“I find it unacceptable that we cannot find a qualified American.”

When Mitt Romney released his birth certificate last week, it prompted a slew of sarcastic headlines mocking the move as unnecessary at best, at worst as a nod in the direction of conspiracy theorists who believe President Obama was born outside the country.

But, as it turns out, Romney has his set of detractors questioning his American citizenship — an Internet subculture that embodies the sort of rubber-and-glue politics that's helped define this election, and one that reflects the way fringe voters translate suspicion of a candidate in the Obama era.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/meet-the...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#657271 Jun 6, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
UPDATE: Democrats Threaten Walker Assassination.“The liberals’ rhetorical violence contrasts with Walker’s own restrained and dignified victory speech last night.”
Think Obama moved his name up on the drone list this morning?
Amazed

Ocoee, FL

#657272 Jun 6, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
what benefits???...
LOL, are you really that stupid?
Nobama

United States

#657273 Jun 6, 2012
new yawk wrote:
And it's spelled revenge.
It's true what "they" say.
Revenge is Sweet.
The Mrs would have been a much better president than Obama.
And neither Bill or Hill have forgotten the slight.
The abomination of Obama is more than amateur.
It's hideously ugly. Full of spite, resentment, hatred, biogtry, bitterness, racism, malice, cruelty and viciousness. Obama is a very small, petty petulant pubescent bent on ill intent.
"IF" The Clintons sabotage Obama "IF" that is their goal/intention and agenda - Hill is as cunning and manipulative as a black widow and Bill is as clever as a snake sunning itself on the side of a dirt road. They'll bisch slap Obama back to reality so fast he won't know what venom bit him or hit him in the smack down.
I said "IF" ... Stay Tuned.
As you said:
Clinton never forgives, never forgets.
And Vince Foster ...
That poor bastard didn't stand a snowballs chance in Hades.
The Clintons are some Ruthless People.
And they stand together ... UNITED.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Clinton chooses his words very carefully...

nothing he says is an accident or a mistake...

Clinton is knifing Obama in the back while appearing as a loyal Democrat...
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#657275 Jun 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the same noise first time around.
Rush is still an idiot.
'Rush Limbaugh: Obama has become Barack Hussein Kardashian, Celebrity of the United States'

Sounds like an astute and accurate observation to me.
Nobama

United States

#657276 Jun 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't much care for unions. Never have.
Also don't much care for employers who walk all over the employees.
Catch 22.
public employee unions are walking all over their members by using union dues for partisan politics instead of to benefit their members...

throwing all their eggs in one basket....

union dues for teachers approach $1000 per year, not insignificant...
Obama 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#657277 Jun 6, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
stolen???...
the election of Governor Scott Walker wasn't even close...
Big Labor thugs turned off the voters....
Obama should be worried about Wisconsin...

Walker should be tried and convicted of corruption and election fraud and put in the same cell as Blagovich.
Amazed

Ocoee, FL

#657278 Jun 6, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
but it won't matter....
Bear in mind that was public opinion cast by vote over unions in Gov't in the State of Wisconsin. It says nothing of the opinions of Unions in general.
Amazed

Ocoee, FL

#657279 Jun 6, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
but it won't matter....
Bear in mind, that was public opinion cast by vote, over unions in Gov't in the State of Wisconsin. It says nothing of the opinions of Unions in general.
fred

Hamden, CT

#657280 Jun 6, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Think Obama moved his name up on the drone list this morning?
fred thinks the Kenyan lizard is in a drug induced stupor this morning. Ya know, same as yesterday.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#657281 Jun 6, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Walker should be tried and convicted of corruption and election fraud and put in the same cell as Blagovich.
President Obama 52% in Wisconsin.

Walker may very well be facing that down the road.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#657282 Jun 6, 2012
The exit polls in Wisconsin show that state still favoring President Obama. The issue map in November will be very different: expect to hear a lot more about how the Republican call for the repeal of Obamacare will mean higher prescription drug prices for seniors. Nor can Republicans expect the same huge money advantage nationwide as in Wisconsin.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/davidfrum.html
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#657283 Jun 6, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The League of Morans has arrived; if Jane's looking for me, tell her I went to yoga class and then to get my nails done, then out to dinner with the ambassador! He'll love this one!!
yikes, what a picture!

big a** up in the air doing the Downward Dog, now also officially known as The Obama Diplomatic Pose

9" acryllics with jewelry glued to them

whispering sweet nothings in Ebonics

to quote Al Bundy (who was created by progressive Hollywierd to ridicule the white American male), "I'm blind Peg, I'm blind."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#657284 Jun 6, 2012
Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
'Rush Limbaugh: Obama has become Barack Hussein Kardashian, Celebrity of the United States'
Sounds like an astute and accurate observation to me.
Much like this.

Obama "has shown he cannot get the votes Democrats need to win -- blue-collar, working class people. He can get effete snobs, he can get wealthy academics, he can get the young, and he can get the black vote, but Democrats do not win with that."

"He will lose big,"

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/political...

Very impressive.
fred

Hamden, CT

#657285 Jun 6, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama 52% in Wisconsin.
Walker may very well be facing that down the road.
The exit polls were bogus. Over sampled communists. duh

ROGER SIMON: Return of the Bradley Effect: What if ALL the Polls Are Wrong?“So if I were a member of the Democratic Party this morning, if I were David Axelrod and his team of so-called wise men, I would be wondering – what if all the polls are wrong? What if this is true across the entire country?”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr John-K 318,257
News The Latest: Man defends question about US senat... 19 hr weapon X 1
News Introducing our NEW podcast, Valley View. Episo... Mon weapon X 3
News A ridiculously low salary for mayor of Allentown (Jul '07) Sun weapon X 41
News Go inside Cleveland Browns tailgating bus with ... Oct 14 schizoaffective 1
News Pennsylvania high school golfer has 2 holes-in-... Oct 13 weapon X 11
News Lehigh Valley air is no longer on the side of c... (Apr '07) Oct 13 weapon X 6

Fountain Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fountain Hill Mortgages