Transgender Fountain 1st grader banne...

Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed

There are 108 comments on the Daily Camera story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Transgender Fountain 1st grader banned from girls bathroom, discrimination claim filed. In it, Daily Camera reports that:

The parents of a transgender 6-year-old have filed a complaint with the Colorado Civil Rights Division because Eagleside Elementary School in Fountain has banned the 1st grader from using the girl's bathroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Camera.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Feb 27, 2013
That poor girl.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#2 Feb 27, 2013
People who are conformist by nature, can't stand anyone who breaks away from the herd. They probably thought they were being tolerant by letting her stay in school. However the jokes on them. Colorado has a Trans inclusive, Civil Rights law. It will take a good lawyer about two seconds to decide to file a lawsuit. I can see it now! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the Principal tries to explain to the school board why they're getting sued. LOL
Regards Terri
Mark Winshel

San Carlos, CA

#3 Feb 27, 2013
In addition to the two standard restrooms, in other words male and female, they should add a third restroom, and which will be labeled OTHER, and which will not only be for the use of transgenders and so forth but also for lawyers who are drunks and/or drug addicts.

NOTE: One of the dirty little secrets of the legal profession is that lawyers have far and away the highest rates of alcoholism and drug addiction - and also of suicide, divorce, domestic violence,and delusions of grandeur - of any major profession.

So therefore any time a lawyer comes up with any unusually "interesting" garbage and nonsense, and such as the lawyers for the Mathis family evidently have, if I was on the jury. or a newspaper reporter covering the story, I would ask the lawyer if he was on drugs.
Mark Winshel

San Carlos, CA

#4 Feb 27, 2013
I forgot to mention that the third restroom, in other words the one labeled "OTHER," would also be the use of demagogues, charlatans, and politically correct politicians, and since it would be horrible if politically correct politicians did not get the opportunity to practice the things they preach and pretend to believe in.
Ky girl

Springfield, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2013
TerryE wrote:
People who are conformist by nature, can't stand anyone who breaks away from the herd. They probably thought they were being tolerant by letting her stay in school. However the jokes on them. Colorado has a Trans inclusive, Civil Rights law. It will take a good lawyer about two seconds to decide to file a lawsuit. I can see it now! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the Principal tries to explain to the school board why they're getting sued. LOL
Regards Terri
Why should a boy be allowed in a girls' bathroom?
Ky girl

Springfield, TN

#6 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
That poor girl.
he is a boy.
geza

Toronto, Canada

#7 Feb 27, 2013
wow i feel so bad for americans sometimes :(((

people say that if you are a transwoman, that you want to use bathroom for sexual fetish reasons :D which is not true in 95% of cases :D obviously there are some sexual fetishist who are transgender, same thing as in gay or straight circles :D

but for a little girl like this :D just wants to use the bathroom :D there is no sexual fetishism or any reason that any bible thumper can use against her! it is just pure hate :D

oh well what can you do :D since coming to america and canada i have seen different way of life but america is most radical :D in america it is either the most beautiful place or the poorest run down dump :D (and i have been in bad russian towns) and people are either so lovely or full of hate:DD

let the girl in! most women would not care, i do not care... i do not know why KY girl cares, she is obviously a minority :DD

“Don't steal my happy”

Since: Aug 12

Shelbyville, Ky.

#8 Feb 28, 2013
geza wrote:
wow i feel so bad for americans sometimes :(((
people say that if you are a transwoman, that you want to use bathroom for sexual fetish reasons :D which is not true in 95% of cases :D obviously there are some sexual fetishist who are transgender, same thing as in gay or straight circles :D
but for a little girl like this :D just wants to use the bathroom :D there is no sexual fetishism or any reason that any bible thumper can use against her! it is just pure hate :D
oh well what can you do :D since coming to america and canada i have seen different way of life but america is most radical :D in america it is either the most beautiful place or the poorest run down dump :D (and i have been in bad russian towns) and people are either so lovely or full of hate:DD
let the girl in! most women would not care, i do not care... i do not know why KY girl cares, she is obviously a minority :DD
I'm a REAL KY girl, a devout Christian, and a proud Transwoman, and I completely agree with you. I mean, personally, I've never gone into a public restroom and shown anyone my privates, nor have I seen anyone else's. Honestly, I don't know where people come up with this crap. And thank you, sincerely, for the honest outsiders view of our society, I think people need that dose of reality every now and then.:)
Roscoe

United States

#9 Feb 28, 2013
I don't want my girl who actually is a girl sharing restrooms with boy. A boy is a kid with a dick, get it people? These parents should be arrested for child neglect and child abuse.
Ballyhoo

United States

#12 Feb 28, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
I don't want my girl who actually is a girl sharing restrooms with boy. A boy is a kid with a dick, get it people? These parents should be arrested for child neglect and child abuse.
Agreed.
The parents obviously have an agenda to push. To imply that this child knew at five or six that he wanted to be a girl is ludicris. Some adult pushed this. And now wants to challenge the accepted norm. Boys go to the boys room, girls to the girls, trans to the unisex rooms. People really do need to stop shoving this on the "normal" folks. Keep the kid at home. He's already ruined anyway. Thanks mom and dad. You folks are real winners.

Central NJ

#13 Feb 28, 2013
I'm a former Jersey Girl! And like you, I'm Christian and a proud Trans woman. And they have STALLS with DOORS! There are no open urinals! As you say, No one has ever seen my privates in a ladies room. Conversely, I have never seen anyone else's, Don't want to either! I do whatever I have to do, wash my hands and get out! And Like you, I don't know where people come up with this grarbage!
Regards, Terri
Angel Diva wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a REAL KY girl, a devout Christian, and a proud Transwoman, and I completely agree with you. I mean, personally, I've never gone into a public restroom and shown anyone my privates, nor have I seen anyone else's. Honestly, I don't know where people come up with this crap. And thank you, sincerely, for the honest outsiders view of our society, I think people need that dose of reality every now and then.:)

Central NJ

#14 Feb 28, 2013
It doesn't work that way with Transexuals. Normal "Boys" yes, but not Transexuals. The parents ought to be arrested if they didn't do those things. If it were you're child what would you do? Beat it out of them? No one has ever cured Transexuality with violent abuse. The homeless shelters in the cities are full of the children of parents who tried. Grow up and learn something!
Regards, Terri
Roscoe wrote:

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#15 Feb 28, 2013
Ky girl wrote:
<quoted text> he is a boy.
Then so are you.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
Yes, we get it, you are a pedophile who thinks about children and sex all the time.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#17 Feb 28, 2013
Ballyhoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
The parents obviously have an agenda to push. To imply that this child knew at five or six that he wanted to be a girl is ludicris. Some adult pushed this. And now wants to challenge the accepted norm. Boys go to the boys room, girls to the girls, trans to the unisex rooms. People really do need to stop shoving this on the "normal" folks. Keep the kid at home. He's already ruined anyway. Thanks mom and dad. You folks are real winners.
No biological organism is normal, there is no such thing. Only mechanical things have normals. If you have a normal, you are not human, you are not even animal, you don't even qualify for being a plant, or even a virus.
Roscoe

United States

#18 Feb 28, 2013
I'm a pedophile because I disagree with you? So much for your tolerance. How about a 16 yo trans "girl" complete with male equipment showers with your 16 yo daughter? Still OK? Yeah, that's what I thought.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
I'm a pedophile because I disagree with you? So much for your tolerance. How about a 16 yo trans "girl" complete with male equipment showers with your 16 yo daughter? Still OK? Yeah, that's what I thought.
You're a pedophile because you are thinking of kids sexually, that is the what a pedophile is. Funny that you continue to compound the evidence against you now. It may be wise if you refrain from speaking of children in a sexual manner in case the authorities manage to see these posts of yours.
Roscoe

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Feb 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a pedophile because you are thinking of kids sexually, that is the what a pedophile is. Funny that you continue to compound the evidence against you now. It may be wise if you refrain from speaking of children in a sexual manner in case the authorities manage to see these posts of yours.
Sounds like you're the perv - nothing sexual in my comments at all. We have Men's (Boy's) rooms, locker rooms and showers that are seperate from the facilities for Women and Girls. When this boy goes to college should he be roomed with an actual female? Should he compete in women's sports? Should he see a gynocologist? Get engaged to your son? C'mon, this is not a difficult question unless someone is looking for a reason to sue somebody.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#21 Feb 28, 2013
Roscoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're the perv - nothing sexual in my comments at all. We have Men's (Boy's) rooms, locker rooms and showers that are seperate from the facilities for Women and Girls. When this boy goes to college should he be roomed with an actual female? Should he compete in women's sports? Should he see a gynocologist? Get engaged to your son? C'mon, this is not a difficult question unless someone is looking for a reason to sue somebody.
We are talking about a girl here, a child who is a girl, not a boy. If what's between the legs determines what's what for you, then you really know nothing about biology, and you know even less about genetic and hormones. Not to mention that makes you sexist and chauvinistic. I hope you are not married, at least not to a female, here's a clue, we don't belong in the kitchen nor are we your toys for pleasure, pig.
Roscoe

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Feb 28, 2013
Hey Baby, your tough tslk is giving me a stiffy! Whether you agree or not, gender is determined by genetalia in this society. We are talking about a genetic boy who has been intentionally confused by his parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Support strong for assisted suicide ballot meas... Tue Ranger 24
Sammie Denson/Pamela Edwards 1993 Murder (Jun '16) Nov 28 MrsSmith 96
We love you Sammie Denson keep your head up!!! Nov 24 FuzzyBallz 13
Sacred Heart Home (Aug '10) Nov 20 Kat Sullivan 11
looking for some one (Jul '09) Jul '16 Trinitys Mom 4
Horse Crap (May '16) May '16 dsummers_1 1
News Fountain Woman Charged with Animal Cruelty (Feb '16) Feb '16 Poppyann 1

Fountain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance