case reopened

United States

#24 Oct 17, 2009
from the Pallidium-Item:October 9, 2009

State police solicit help on old case

FOUNTAIN CITY, Ind.-- Indiana State Police officials are seeking the public's help as they reopen the case of a Wayne County woman found dead nearly 14 years ago.

On Oct. 30, 1995, state police were called to the Willow Grove Cemetery on the southeast edge of Fountain City at about 12:30 p.m.

A Williamsburg resident, Wilma Cheek, 48, had been found dead inside her gray 1989 Pontiac that was parked in the cemetery. An autopsy determined Cheek had been shot to death in her vehicle.

There was an undisclosed amount of money missing from the victim that has remained unaccounted for. The time of her death was estimated to be between 10:30 and 11:15 a.m. that day.
indianaresident

Richmond, IN

#25 Oct 25, 2009
I knew the family very well. Wilma was also my Sunday school teacher. When Wilma was murdered and other things came out such as her husbands long list of affairs including one with his daughter in-law...It forever changed Victory Tabernacle and others who knew the family. Wilma was a good person who loved her church God and her family. I just can't believe that her own husband and kids (excluding Kristal she was very young when this happend) would not help police during the investigation. If that was my Mom I wouldn't rest until the person responsible was put away for ever. It doesn't make them look very good. No doubt Wilma is shouting on the streets of heaven. We Love and miss you Wilma. Justice will be served. I believe that.
Wanting Justice

Knoxville, TN

#26 Oct 25, 2009
indianaresident wrote:
I knew the family very well. Wilma was also my Sunday school teacher. When Wilma was murdered and other things came out such as her husbands long list of affairs including one with his daughter in-law...It forever changed Victory Tabernacle and others who knew the family. Wilma was a good person who loved her church God and her family. I just can't believe that her own husband and kids (excluding Kristal she was very young when this happend) would not help police during the investigation. If that was my Mom I wouldn't rest until the person responsible was put away for ever. It doesn't make them look very good. No doubt Wilma is shouting on the streets of heaven. We Love and miss you Wilma. Justice will be served. I believe that.
Who are you? She was my sunday school teacher to, so i know we know each other? I went to church there up until i got married, then i lost contact with all of my friends. If you want my e-mail addy just ask and i will send it to you. This has been going on way to long, and i know someone out there knows something.......Please come forward and tell the police what you know, weather it be something small that you wouldn't think would even matter, in this case EVERYTHING MATTERS! Wilma is gone but will never be forgotton!!!
27traveler

Connersville, IN

#27 Oct 26, 2009
Today in the Richmond pal item it showed a photo of Wilma's headstone, and it looks like Albert's name has been chipped away or damaged.....Hmmmm, what's up with that? who did that?
indianaresident

Richmond, IN

#28 Oct 26, 2009
27traveler wrote:
Today in the Richmond pal item it showed a photo of Wilma's headstone, and it looks like Albert's name has been chipped away or damaged.....Hmmmm, what's up with that? who did that?
That was done right after the murder and when everthing had came out about Mr. Cheek. His name shouldn't be on there.. Wilma doesn't deserve a scum bag like him laying next to her...
27traveler

Connersville, IN

#29 Oct 26, 2009
Are you saying a family member doesn't like Mr Cheek?
Then there must be a pretty good idea of who killed her then. I don't know the family, but I am very sorry about her death, it's a shame.
dont throw stones

Panther, WV

#30 Oct 26, 2009
indianaresident wrote:
<quoted text>
That was done right after the murder and when everthing had came out about Mr. Cheek. His name shouldn't be on there.. Wilma doesn't deserve a scum bag like him laying next to her...
Rumor has it the Lawson family did it after he got remarried. Mr. Cheek is not a bad person. If a marriage is good, it's because both people work at it; if it's bad, both are to blame. Just because they had marriage problems doesn't make them bad people.
27traveler

Connersville, IN

#31 Oct 27, 2009
Are the Lawsons Wilma's family? Are they bitter that he remarried?
Justice for Wilma

Richmond, IN

#32 Oct 27, 2009
dont throw stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it the Lawson family did it after he got remarried. Mr. Cheek is not a bad person. If a marriage is good, it's because both people work at it; if it's bad, both are to blame. Just because they had marriage problems doesn't make them bad people.
You don't know this man do you? Your right he's not a bad person.. He is a horrible person. All the wicked things he's done to Wilma and you have the nerve to say he's not a bad person ... SHAME ON YOU...
dont throw stones

United States

#33 Oct 28, 2009
Justice for Wilma wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know this man do you? Your right he's not a bad person.. He is a horrible person. All the wicked things he's done to Wilma and you have the nerve to say he's not a bad person ... SHAME ON YOU...
WOW! Judge not...
27traveler

Connersville, IN

#34 Oct 28, 2009
Did he kill her or have her killed?
Wanting Justice

Walland, TN

#35 Nov 13, 2009
Has anyone heard anything else about this case? I no longer live there, but i have family and friends who do. She was a very good lady and she didn't deserve what happened to her. I love and miss her. Anyone who knows anything, even if you think it's something small...please come forward and go to the police. WE MISS YOU WILMA.
Kfcred

Denver, CO

#36 Dec 18, 2009
Who ever you are. You need to step back and check your life. Judge not let ye be judged!!!!!
Go ahead I dare you to throw the 1st stone!!!!

That man is my Father!!!! And he is a great MAN better than you could ever be.
indiana

Cincinnati, OH

#37 Sep 16, 2011
Justice for Wilma wrote:
<quoted text>
S tell us all what makes him so horrible if you know so much!
indiana

Cincinnati, OH

#39 Sep 18, 2011
Sounds intresting how do you know so much?

Since: Sep 11

Cincinnati, OH

#40 Sep 18, 2011
How did Keith Green get her to go to the graveyard? What was his motive to kill her?
cloey

Sheridan, AR

#41 Sep 21, 2011
To Indiana resident: For your information her oldest daughter did help the detectives any way she could and is still in contact with the detectives. I know this for a fact. Consider the situtions with all the rumors and garbage that came out. Could you walk a mile in Wilma's childrens shoes? Please don't say things that you reallt don't know!
spazzycat

Monroe, WI

#42 Sep 21, 2011
dunnebuggy010 wrote:
Keith Green killed the lady if the police would have truley investigated they would have seen that he had been laying carpet or doing some kind of home repair for them then a few days later she caught him breaking in and stealing he is a big piece of shit he is in jail now for thieving and drugs his good for nothing wife o d on heroin and her teenage kids found her dead look into it
and you will find this all rings true but I imagine they wont give it a second look. Pin Mike Mills down coppers Keith Green is guilty and Mike nows all about it
Where is Keith Green from? Is he still incarcerated? Is he white or black? There are 2 black Keith Greens and 1 White Keith Green listed on Indiana DOC website.
yep

United States

#43 Apr 15, 2013
This is all very true.
dunnebuggy010 wrote:
Keith Green killed the lady if the police would have truley investigated they would have seen that he had been laying carpet or doing some kind of home repair for them then a few days later she caught him breaking in and stealing he is a big piece of shit he is in jail now for thieving and drugs his good for nothing wife o d on heroin and her teenage kids found her dead look into it
and you will find this all rings true but I imagine they wont give it a second look. Pin Mike Mills down coppers Keith Green is guilty and Mike nows all about it
Dumbazz

Bath, IN

#44 Apr 15, 2013
And that's all you can add it this all is very true? Shame on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fountain City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
False report charge leveled in Greenway shooting Tue shocked 5
the music thread (Feb '12) Sep 29 Musikologist 52
The Holland Family Sep 28 Curious 2
Is this post wrong or right about RICHMOND, IND... (Dec '13) Sep 27 frillybonbon 29
My friends in Speak out Richmond, Indiana (Oct '13) Sep 27 ronxjy 15
Boar's Head site selector explains decision Sep 25 happy resident 1
Affidavit: Video recording shows murder suspect... Sep 25 efgwr 5
Fountain City Dating
Find my Match

Fountain City Jobs

Fountain City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fountain City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fountain City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]