More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 Full story: news.yahoo.com 10,135

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area. Full Story
Progressive

Oklahoma City, OK

#9652 Sep 25, 2013
The USGA and ADEQ they all know the truth. Look at the news of earthquakes and dead wildlife all over the country. There have been two documentaries and a movie made on these same events. The public officials and the press act as if they are scratching their heads but they are simply keeping their mouths shut about the truth and don't want to risk losing the kickbacks from the companies that pay them hush money.
Think about it people, the evidence is right in front if you. It is the fracking of gas wells that cause the earthquakes and the leaking of the gas that kill the animals and slowly killing civilians that like you are unsuspecting and clueless.
Look at the map, draw a circle of the locations of animal deaths, then circle the earthquakes, then circle where the majority of the shale gas wells have been drilled, they are all the same.
Shock from fireworks, really? An event that happens twice a year across the whole country for as many years as there have been fireworks and yet the birds die in one of the least populated areas of the country for the first in recent memory.
I would think that the scientist of the USGA, and ADEQ could come up with a more believable lie, but from all of the post above, I see why they don't have to.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9654 Sep 25, 2013
guest wrote:
No moore birds in beebe thanks to walmart
Really, because of WalMart? LMAO!
elrod

Little Rock, AR

#9655 Sep 29, 2013
BBB aka Beebe Black Bird Bureau, is keeping it under wraps.. until a real National News Media like the Globe or National Enquirer comes to town. Just keep a eye on the sky!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#9656 Sep 30, 2013
hawksabound wrote:
<quoted text>I think most of these are locals really, most seem to be it seems are ring tailed. Did you see the video where a hawk raided a eagle nest to steal the eggs? The eagle zimmermaned his azz.(:
Most hawks do have bands on their tails. That doesn't make them residents of your area though.:)
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9658 Oct 2, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Eastern New Mexico used to be full of pheasants in the 80's now you rarely see one. I attribute it to all the new pesticides the farmers use on their crops.
Maybe the coyotes are eating their eggs. The north American trapper on TV showed how to set traps to catch them. He caught a fox & coyote.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9659 Oct 2, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe the coyotes are eating their eggs. The north American trapper on TV showed how to set traps to catch them. He caught a fox & coyote.
I concur with your statement. Coyotes are a big problem here in NM. They along with the mountain lions are decimating the deer herds. I shoot every dog and cat I come across in the forest..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#9661 Oct 2, 2013
upyours wrote:
Isnt it allittle odd we as humans feel we control the way things play out in nature? Global warming, radiation, chemtrails what the hell ever. Nature has the means to fix it. No matter what. Does this mean drastic change? It may. But i assure you this. When she starts to right the wrongs our time here as the most destructive thing to hit planet earth is finished.
No matter how deep your feeling of control of nature is. She will be the one true power long after the cancer of humanity is gone.
What wrongs have YOU done? I have done no wrong. You could really help speed up that cancer healing process if you were to just end your life right now. Come on, do the right thing for the planet, end it, end it now........

SE Michigan

#9662 Oct 2, 2013
Progressive wrote:
The USGA and ADEQ they all know the truth. Look at the news of earthquakes and dead wildlife all over the country. There have been two documentaries and a movie made on these same events. The public officials and the press act as if they are scratching their heads but they are simply keeping their mouths shut about the truth and don't want to risk losing the kickbacks from the companies that pay them hush money.
Think about it people, the evidence is right in front if you. It is the fracking of gas wells that cause the earthquakes and the leaking of the gas that kill the animals and slowly killing civilians that like you are unsuspecting and clueless.
Look at the map, draw a circle of the locations of animal deaths, then circle the earthquakes, then circle where the majority of the shale gas wells have been drilled, they are all the same.
Shock from fireworks, really? An event that happens twice a year across the whole country for as many years as there have been fireworks and yet the birds die in one of the least populated areas of the country for the first in recent memory.
I would think that the scientist of the USGA, and ADEQ could come up with a more believable lie, but from all of the post above, I see why they don't have to.
What do you mean "an event that happens twice a year?" New Years Eve only comes ONCE per year.

Explain "least populated" area of the country. Do you mean least populated with humans; or birds?

SE Michigan

#9663 Oct 2, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe the coyotes are eating their eggs. The north American trapper on TV showed how to set traps to catch them. He caught a fox & coyote.
Maybe the coyotes are eating their eggs??!?? WTF. First, they're not allowed to eat deer. Then they're not allowed to eat fawns. Now they can't even eat eggs? What do you think coyotes SHOULD eat in order to be allowed to share this earth with us?(Even though God created them, just as well as he did us).
tesla2016

Little Rock, AR

#9664 Oct 2, 2013
Manipulate the Earth(mhz,weather, FOOD, ionosphere,etc,etc,etc...) totally destroy it seems the way of man now?
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9666 Oct 3, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the coyotes are eating their eggs??!?? WTF. First, they're not allowed to eat deer. Then they're not allowed to eat fawns. Now they can't even eat eggs? What do you think coyotes SHOULD eat in order to be allowed to share this earth with us?(Even though God created them, just as well as he did us).
If they would stick to rats & mice that would be ok. However they don't. The come into towns and eat pets. the raid farmers livestock & crops. The only good coyote is a dead coyote. I would prefer they where extinct. the fox eats a lot of rats & mice however he will kill poultry if the opportunity presents. Yesterday some varmit killed one of my bantam hens and one of her half grown chicks. I caught the remaining chicks and am using them to bait a large live trap. Ill catch the culprit. I like owls they only hunt at night. and they eat rats. My chickens go to roost and are fastened up in a varmit proof coop every night. My home and surrounding few acres has a 6 foot chain link fence so the poultry are fenced in. Something dug under the fence. I would prefer to set a large conibar body grip trap over the hole but its likely one of my goats would stick his head in it. Also its trapping season I got my licence & permits. There is a $15 bounty on beaver this year. cut off the beaver tail and take it in and receive a bounty check the next week!

SE Michigan

#9667 Oct 3, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I concur with your statement. Coyotes are a big problem here in NM. They along with the mountain lions are decimating the deer herds. I shoot every dog and cat I come across in the forest..
The forest should ONLY consist of vegetation, and things that eat vegetation....so that YOU can eat the vegetarians?
Seems a hunter, like you, should understand and respect the food chain and realize we only a PART of it.

SE Michigan

#9668 Oct 3, 2013
upyours wrote:
Isnt it allittle odd we as humans feel we control the way things play out in nature? Global warming, radiation, chemtrails what the hell ever. Nature has the means to fix it. No matter what. Does this mean drastic change? It may. But i assure you this. When she starts to right the wrongs our time here as the most destructive thing to hit planet earth is finished.
No matter how deep your feeling of control of nature is. She will be the one true power long after the cancer of humanity is gone.
Humans HAVE done a lot of stupid things. But the dangers to wildlife.... dangers that WE created..... are so great, we need to be here to fix them. Maybe someday smart people will rule the world and we'll correct everything we've done wrong. I don't see that happening in our time, unfortunately.

SE Michigan

#9669 Oct 3, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What wrongs have YOU done? I have done no wrong. You could really help speed up that cancer healing process if you were to just end your life right now. Come on, do the right thing for the planet, end it, end it now........
YOU have done no wrong????
Really???
And I thought I was the only perfect one here!

SE Michigan

#9670 Oct 3, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> If they would stick to rats & mice that would be ok. However they don't. The come into towns and eat pets. the raid farmers livestock & crops. The only good coyote is a dead coyote. I would prefer they where extinct. the fox eats a lot of rats & mice however he will kill poultry if the opportunity presents. Yesterday some varmit killed one of my bantam hens and one of her half grown chicks. I caught the remaining chicks and am using them to bait a large live trap. Ill catch the culprit. I like owls they only hunt at night. and they eat rats. My chickens go to roost and are fastened up in a varmit proof coop every night. My home and surrounding few acres has a 6 foot chain link fence so the poultry are fenced in. Something dug under the fence. I would prefer to set a large conibar body grip trap over the hole but its likely one of my goats would stick his head in it. Also its trapping season I got my licence & permits. There is a $15 bounty on beaver this year. cut off the beaver tail and take it in and receive a bounty check the next week!
If coyotes only ate rats and mice, what would hawks and owls eat? Why don't YOU only eat vegetables? Then you won't have to worry about your chickens and cows being eaten by coyotes.
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9672 Oct 4, 2013
Yes we are a part of he food chain. Humans are the dominant predator. If not for the humans mainuplation of the environment there wouldn't be enough food for everyone. Those native americans who never farmed and managed wildlife. they where feast & famine. they along with the wildlife starved during the winters. Varmits like coyotes have no natural enemies to keep their numbers in check. So humans must step in and terminate them. and even things that eat vegetation need to be controlled by humans. Beavers destroy the environment. Deer in many towns are a pestellence.
Curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#9673 Oct 4, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
If coyotes only ate rats and mice, what would hawks and owls eat? Why don't YOU only eat vegetables? Then you won't have to worry about your chickens and cows being eaten by coyotes.
Because I enjoy eating meat. Because My income and lively hood comes from producing livestock & poultry. Im not the least bit concerened if some varmit goes hungry or dies . Im gonna take care of my livestock and crops on my domain. Even vegetables are not safe. And those coyotes will destroy melons. the raccoons destroy corn & tomatos. I even stay after the moles. Those moles ruin root crops like yams and potatoes. Deer are especially destructive to gardens fruit trees and grapevines. I keep the wildlife in check around my place. At present I have baby goats. they only weigh about 5 pounds. Im not going to tolerate a coyote or any other varmit trying too eat them.
fame2

Mountain View, AR

#9674 Oct 5, 2013
you are right why should you ,you have to much invested in your animals i agree with you no one should have to loose every thing they have when you have put money up for it so true
nutz2you

Little Rock, AR

#9675 Oct 5, 2013
Squirrels...raptor would even defend them maybe? Give them the "Works" in a pile of pecans as they eat the bottle wiggles then 5 squirrels are bloody fragments strew out across the yard.(: Moles are cool too, poke a hole and insert propane into runs and ignite looks like Caddy Shack.

SE Michigan

#9676 Oct 5, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
Yes we are a part of he food chain. Humans are the dominant predator. If not for the humans mainuplation of the environment there wouldn't be enough food for everyone. Those native americans who never farmed and managed wildlife. they where feast & famine. they along with the wildlife starved during the winters. Varmits like coyotes have no natural enemies to keep their numbers in check. So humans must step in and terminate them. and even things that eat vegetation need to be controlled by humans. Beavers destroy the environment. Deer in many towns are a pestellence.
I can rephrase your post to read.....
Yes (coyotes) are a part of he food chain. Humans are (both predator and prey.) If not for the humans mainuplation of the environment (we would have a healthy ecosystem in balance.) Those native americans who never farmed and managed wildlife. they where feast & famine. they along with the wildlife starved during the winters.(But they also had respect for the land and wildlife resources and only took what they needed.) Varmits like coyotes have no natural enemies to keep their numbers in check (except for the wolves, lions and bears that we tried to eliminate out of ignorance which created a shortage of natural enemies for them.) So humans must step in and (try to undo what we did to the top predator populations by reintroducing them to the native lands where they belong.) and even things that eat vegetation need to be controlled by humans (which is fine as long as we do it responsibly because we ARE part of the web of life.) Beavers destroy the environment,(though destruction is only in the eye of the beholder. Some people view the beaver as something that only ALTERS the environment, as ALL wild animals AND humans do when they need to build homes and shelter for their families.)

Deer in many towns are a pestellence,(whatever that means. Oh wait, it means: 1 : a contagious or infectious epidemic disease that is virulent and devastating; especially : bubonic plague...... according to Webster.)
I wouldn't classify deer as you do, though too many will devastate the understory that many songbirds and small mammals need for nesting and shelter. As with all, or most, animals, controlling them is one thing....elimination is another....and elimination is wrong on all levels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fouke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shame On Fouke's Senior High Coaches (Oct '13) 2 hr Tony Upton 2
Donna Buffington 3 hr know her 3
Alamo follower, Tommy Scarcello, faces allegati... (Nov '09) 5 hr Revelation 74
The Word of God Says (Apr '13) 5 hr Revelation 177
Sonny B Oct 20 brother d 102
God Have Mercy !! (Nov '11) Oct 20 Yahoo Les Wood 165
Enoch is around here somewhere,,, Oct 15 Yahoo Les Wood 5
Fouke Dating
Find my Match

Fouke Jobs