Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#19861 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Medicaid to folks who never worked enough to qualify for Regular Social Security"
How about Medicaid to those individuals in nursing homes who give all their Social Security to the nursing facility and Medicaid pays besides that.
Working hard all your life paying taxes and in the end you need Medicaid and you think that it is a "reward folks who do the incorrect things".
I think not.
Many of those folks hide their assett,s. they deed their property to relatives. the DHS used to have a 3 year look back its now 5 years. And that payment is nothing but a subsudy (gift) to nursing homes. It cost about $3500 per month to keep someone in a nursing home. What do you wanna bet that if Medicade wasnt available that cost would come down.
Guess Who

Mountain Home, AR

#19862 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let me make this as simple as I can for you people, you live in a country with a social safety net to combat poverty, to combat the cost of poverty on society,
Or would you prefer to live in a land of survival of the fittest and not be robbed VIA-income tax?
Bottom line- either way you pay.
We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.

Rose Bud, AR

#19863 Dec 24, 2012
Old Army don't let these sewer mouths drag you down to their level !!!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#19865 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let me make this as simple as I can for you people, you live in a country with a social safety net to combat poverty, to combat the cost of poverty on society,
Or would you prefer to live in a land of survival of the fittest and not be robbed VIA-income tax?
Ummmm........ survival of the fittest/not be robbed.

Do you honestly think legal theft by the US government has "combatted poverty?"
Really???????

SE Michigan

#19866 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.
LOL. In some ways, we think so much alike!
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19867 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> We have tried it your way and its not working. More people are on food stamps than ever before. Im ready to give survival of the fittest a go. Those so called poor taking advantage of the social safety net are not starving. By and large they and their children are fat overweight or obese. Just go to WalMart on goverment check day. you will see them. Filling the shopping cart with junk food dragging it behind an electric cart. and complaining the electric cart wont go fast enough. That electric cart had a 250 lb weight limit. it wasnt made to haul their 400 pounds of blubber. And now they want free health care. Let them starve they will lose weight and suddenly become healthier. Yep survival of the fittest. Nothing wrong with a root hawg or die policy.
the fact is everyone on here discussing this subject and saying that the government is stealing from them .. are not true americans... if you do not like the way this country functions then there is NOONE holding you back from moving to a different country... why are you still here ?.. why be here if your unhappy?... if you don't like the way things are you have the freedom to move whereever you would like to whatever government you would like to live under... now go .. we do not leave our poor and struggling citizens behind to be left out to die or starve.. we did that back in the early 1900's and we're never ever going back to that day in age... so get used to it .. you guys can sit here and bash the united states and complain about how much you don't like contributing .. well let me tell you there are plenty of poeple who don't want your complaining asses here either and best thing would be for you whinebags to go ahead and pack up and leave.

Kansas City Ks.

#19869 Dec 24, 2012
Guess Who wrote:
"More people are on food stamps than ever before"

What do expect when a country looses 473,000 plus jobs. And guess whos watch that happen on.

"We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that"

That was the conserative way, not my way.

This is my idea of how you turn things around.

U.S. GDP Growth Revised to 3.1 Percent in Q3
the Bureau of Economic Analysis |

U.S. Real gross domestic products increased at an annual rate of 3.1 percent in the third quarter of 2012 (that is, from the second quarter to the third quarter), according to the "third" estimate released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis. In the second quarter, real GDP increased 1.3 percent.

We are making progress.

Kansas City Ks.

#19870 Dec 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm........ survival of the fittest/not be robbed.
Do you honestly think legal theft by the US government has "combatted poverty?"
Really???????
Not much into history are you, follow me an lets go back in time a few years shall we..........

What began in early 1964 on a rather ad hoc basis, involving numerous agencies and community groups, was soon transformed into a coherent plan in the form of the 1964 Economic Opportunity Act (EOA). The Economic Opportunity Act embodied education, training programs, job opportunities and healthcare services rather than financial assistance or income guarantees. The EOA stated,“Although the economic well-being and prosperity of the United States have progressed to a level surpassing any achieved in world history, and these benefits are widely shared throughout the Nation, It is, therefore, the policy of this Nation to eliminate the paradox of poverty in the midst of plenty in this Nation by opening to everyone the opportunity for education and training, the opportunity to work, and the opportunity to live in decency and dignity.” The Senate and the House of Representatives passed the Economic Opportunity Act (primarily with Democratic party votes), and President Johnson then signed the bill into law on August 20, 1964. The Act established the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) with Sargent Shriver as its director.
Guess Who

Bexar, AR

#19871 Dec 24, 2012
The liberals misinterpret the words (that all men are created equal) to mean the US goverment should make all men equal. And they try to do that by redristributing by robbing anyone they think has more than their so called fair share. Thats why the jobs are gone. The UN and NWO decided the USA had more than its fair share. So their lackeys in the US goverment passed laws that forced the jobs to be redistributed to third world places. Our loss of production jobs was done on purpose! It was done to furthur the UN & NWO agenda. The communisn has failed everywhere it had been tried. And Im not going to leave unless I want to. Ill stay here and exercise my first admendment right and lambast the parasites. Ive used the same tax laws the very rich do. so the federal goverment wont get nothing but social security from me. and the robbing (taxing) is already dried up. the US goverment has to borrow 40 cents of every dollar spent. So now your left trying to rob a greater amount from fewer people to pay for your failed social engineering. and for the first time in 2011 social security paid out more than it took in.
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#19872 Dec 24, 2012
Guest wrote:
Old Army don't let these sewer mouths drag you down to their level !!!
I'll try. Merry Christmas.
Guess Who

Bexar, AR

#19873 Dec 24, 2012
I caught a skunk in my trap today. Squeezed to death he never even sprayed.no stink at all.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#19874 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
A redhead went into a bar and saw a Border Patrolman with his feet
propped up on a table. He had the biggest boots she'd ever seen.
She asked him if was true what they say about men with big feet.

The Border Patrolman grinned and said, "Sure is, RED, why don't you come over to the
barracks and let me prove it to you?"

The redhead wanted to find out for herself, so she spent the night with him.

The next morning she handed him a $100 bill. Blushing, he said,"Well, thanks, ma'am.

I'm real flattered. Nobody ever paid me for my services before."

She told him, "Don't be flattered ... just take the money and buy yourself
some boots that fit."
Old Army

Quitman, AR

#19875 Dec 24, 2012
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
A redhead went into a bar and saw a Border Patrolman with his feet
propped up on a table. He had the biggest boots she'd ever seen.
She asked him if was true what they say about men with big feet.
The Border Patrolman grinned and said, "Sure is, RED, why don't you come over to the
barracks and let me prove it to you?"
The redhead wanted to find out for herself, so she spent the night with him.
The next morning she handed him a $100 bill. Blushing, he said,"Well, thanks, ma'am.
I'm real flattered. Nobody ever paid me for my services before."
She told him, "Don't be flattered ... just take the money and buy yourself
some boots that fit."
The first time I heard that I laughed so hard I kicked the slats out my cradle. Still funny though.
Redd

United States

#19876 Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas to all...and lest we forget, Christ was actually born April 17, 6 B.C.
obummerinhawaiia gain

Providence, UT

#19877 Dec 24, 2012
WHO GETS YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY IF YOU ARE DEAD

KEEP PASSING THIS AROUND UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS READ IT.....SOMETHING TO
THINK ABOUT:

THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THIS CALCULATION IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN
THE PEOPLE WHO DIED BEFORE THEY COLLECTED THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY!!!!
WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO??????????
>
> This was sent to me, I am forwarding it because it does touch a nerve
in me.
>
> Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your
employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you
averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500.
>
> If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your
employer's contribution) at a simple 5%(less than what the govt. pays
on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working, you'd have
$892,919.98
>
> If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and
it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at
age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on
deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have
a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
>
> The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than
Bernie Madhoff ever had.
>
> Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!!
Just because they borrowed the money, doesn't make my benefits some
kind of charity or handout!!
>
> Congressional benefits ---- free healthcare, outrageous retirement
packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid
sick days, now that's welfare, and they have the nerve to call my
social security retirement entitlements?
>
> We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans,
Homeless. In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile,
and Turkey and now Pakistan ......home of bin Laden. Literally,
BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!
>
> Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do
they get any breaks, while our government and religious organizations
pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign
Countries!
>
> They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most
of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when it's
time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why
did the government borrow from it in the first place?
>
> Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to
other countries.
>
Guess Who

Bexar, AR

#19878 Dec 24, 2012
Redd wrote:
Merry Christmas to all...and lest we forget, Christ was actually born April 17, 6 B.C.
Who cares when the messiah of your superstition was born? I could care less Im not a christian. I dont adhere to any organized religion.

SE Michigan

#19879 Dec 24, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much into history are you, follow me an lets go back in time a few years shall we..........
What began in early 1964 on a rather ad hoc basis, involving numerous agencies and community groups, was soon transformed into a coherent plan in the form of the 1964 Economic Opportunity Act (EOA). The Economic Opportunity Act embodied education, training programs, job opportunities and healthcare services rather than financial assistance or income guarantees. The EOA stated,“Although the economic well-being and prosperity of the United States have progressed to a level surpassing any achieved in world history, and these benefits are widely shared throughout the Nation, It is, therefore, the policy of this Nation to eliminate the paradox of poverty in the midst of plenty in this Nation by opening to everyone the opportunity for education and training, the opportunity to work, and the opportunity to live in decency and dignity.” The Senate and the House of Representatives passed the Economic Opportunity Act (primarily with Democratic party votes), and President Johnson then signed the bill into law on August 20, 1964. The Act established the Office of Economic Opportunity (OEO) with Sargent Shriver as its director.
Wonderful. Another useless government agency.

For what it's worth, conversation at the family get together ended up on the shooting in CT. Someone there pointed out what nobody else has yet regarding the mother. How many women collect the kinds of guns she supposedly had? Answer- probably none. Another question. IF she did indeed have that kind of a line-up in her home, AND she knew her son was a disturbed psycho, why were those guns not locked up in a safe? Even without a psycho son, most people with guns like those keep them in a safe regardless- just so they aren't stolen by ANYBODY. Since his computer hard-drive was destroyed, it should tell people he had his wits about him and knew exactly what he was doing. Then the mother ends up dead. Something to consider: Did HE really destroy his hard-drive and kill his mother? Coincidence? Or is something more sinister going on here? Now we have firefighters shot while responding to a fire. What are some people willing to do to push this anti-gun agenda?

Kansas City Ks.

#19880 Dec 25, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful. Another useless government agency.
For what it's worth, conversation at the family get together ended up on the shooting in CT. Someone there pointed out what nobody else has yet regarding the mother. How many women collect the kinds of guns she supposedly had? Answer- probably none. Another question. IF she did indeed have that kind of a line-up in her home, AND she knew her son was a disturbed psycho, why were those guns not locked up in a safe? Even without a psycho son, most people with guns like those keep them in a safe regardless- just so they aren't stolen by ANYBODY. Since his computer hard-drive was destroyed, it should tell people he had his wits about him and knew exactly what he was doing. Then the mother ends up dead. Something to consider: Did HE really destroy his hard-drive and kill his mother? Coincidence? Or is something more sinister going on here? Now we have firefighters shot while responding to a fire. What are some people willing to do to push this anti-gun agenda?
Fire fighters being shot while in the line of duty is nothing new what so ever.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#19881 Dec 25, 2012
Redd wrote:
Since we don't know the exact date of Christ's birthday, we can celebrate his birth, death and resurrection 365 days a year. Merry Christmas.

West Memphis, AR

#19882 Dec 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>Not much into history are you, follow me an lets go back in time a few years shall we..........

Well stated!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fouke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Alamo and Morgan Nick connection? (Sep '08) Thu MissingDetails 15
Enoch is around here somewhere,,, (Oct '14) Aug 20 Yahoo Les Wood 10
News Pro 'pot' group reports $339,982 Aug 14 cwat115789 2
Advice on court PLEASE !!! (Jun '15) Aug 13 Really 2
News Lawsuit accuses Opportunities, Inc. of wage vio... Jul '16 JPJ63 1
News Tifini Noel Thompson Renfro Missing Alamo Prope... (Aug '09) Jul '16 knows 57
Joes Pizza yay or nay? Jul '16 Texarkana Rules 2

Fouke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fouke Mortgages