Tony Alamo cult... not the church of ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PACA

AOL

#26 Jun 9, 2007
I'm still waiting for your answer to my question Alan.
AlanB

Orlando, FL

#27 Jun 9, 2007
Queen.
Actually post #23 is an even better answer.
Carmen

AOL

#28 Jun 9, 2007
Alan, Love it. shame de cant be included in the question.
AlanB

Orlando, FL

#29 Jun 10, 2007
Actually, Horatio was quite a hornblower, if you know what I mean. THere was a rumor that he lived NEAR a big queen named Dee, actually, in her jurisdiction, but he liked to blow his horn too much and the queen didn't like the noise so she banished him to the suburbs!
see TA in prison

United States

#30 Apr 21, 2008
Tony Alamo cult... not the church of Jesus Christ

“too busy lookin' good!”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31 Feb 11, 2013
worm-can opener wrote:
Well, as I was saying, before the perv caused my computer to have some kind of nervous breakdown ... I found a fabulous book by Ronald Enroth, called" Youth, Brainwashing, and the Extremist Cults" The whole third chapter is about the "tony and susan alamo foundation" tells about fear-tactics, the R.G.B.'s, the toilets being unflushable, the rotten food from "pick-ups", tony and susan's lavish life-style, limos, huge homes, jewels, furs, and eating at the finer restaurants, while all the peons did heavy labor, and baked in the fields of Bakersfield, parents being referred to as the devil, the places we stayed in Shafter, with mice running through them, group offences, bodyguards, and loads of other info. I praise and thank the Lord for letting me find this gem of a book, the copyright is 1977, a good read for anyone and everyone- but especially the people from the early days of the foundation.
That book was one of the many reasons for which I ultimately declined to move in. And since the OC I discussed it with couldn't credibly refute what was alleged, it was yet another strike against them.
biskitshoes

Okotoks, Canada

#32 Feb 14, 2013
In this day and age of open information, it's hard to imagine anyone getting sucked in by religion spouting charlatans,such as Tony and Sue.
Insight

Los Angeles, CA

#33 Feb 14, 2013
Mr. Biskit, It happens everyday. Countless pastors/preachers are gettin rich off of "donations". The bottom line is don't donate to full time beggers..um I mean "preachers". I don't believe Jesus ever intended someone to be a full time preacher. Preach for free and work for a livin.
brother d

Roswell, GA

#34 Feb 15, 2013
Well, some of us in our naivete did take the bait that the T&S cult offered. Hopefully those who have been able to escape are "once bitten twice shy".
smokin

United States

#35 Feb 16, 2013
I like to think probably almost anyone could be cult bait given proper circumstance and a perfect storm of bad karmic timing.
For me it was the perfect 1971 Hollywood Blvd Jesus Freak Hipster Bro offering Truth with free evening entertainment and chow.
Hop aboard the red white and blue Bus To Heaven.
Whadaya got to lose? said the spider to the fly....
biskitshoes

Okotoks, Canada

#36 Feb 16, 2013
Maturity and experience teach how to sniff out a scam. When I find myself feeling a little too self-satisfied about this, I remember the Ginsu knife I ordered from the Shopping Channel ... or the SlapChop.
Modesto

Paicines, CA

#37 Apr 27, 2013
Fine points!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fouke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Alamo has died. Age 82 Oct 18 bluestreak returns 8
Is flu going around Texarkana now? Sep '17 Sharon 1
Anyone know Katie Jewell (Nov '15) Sep '17 Barksdale 22
Dani Pickens (Sep '11) Sep '17 Effhargroves 2
Venus adult superstore Aug '17 Guest 3
Wanting to make new friends Aug '17 Cooltrk 2
Tony Alamo's Baby cemeteries and unlicensed Mid... (Mar '08) Aug '17 Billy Jack 127

Fouke Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fouke Mortgages